Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Old 09-13-2018, 12:04 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
The premium exists because a lot of buyers expect to own the cars almost for free or flip them, rather than buying them to drive them. Given the limited supply, that drives prices up beyond what the real demand warrants (real demand = people who plan to own the cars a while, put real miles on them, and sell at a loss because they've become used cars). There's somewhat of a bubble going on. This game of musical chairs has continued while the economy and stock markets have been strong, and interest rates have been low, but the music will eventually stop.

I don't know of any other consumer product which sells above MSRP, with consumers trying to outbid each other to get it.
‘fair point we’re saying the same thing to a degree it’s the consumer driving the demand not Porsche. I don’t think private business should be told how to sell the products as it decreases innovation to have a surperior product. If the product was not robust. The VIP program only existed when 918’s couldn’t be given away, and those guys were rewarded for buying 900k cars in a ressission. Personally many cars have low miles not hard to find guys here with 5 or more cars difficult to drive them all. Bad economy solves all of it, but hell we don’t want that mess. Want to own a home in a great neighborhood you will have to blind bid if you want the house. I hear your point it’s just not that simple .........
Old 09-13-2018, 12:06 AM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Oh goodie, it’s turned into this thread again.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:14 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

The money is gone. Dude had 10 kids, child support and sounds like expensive habits. Someone else will be paying back the money, not the criminal. He won't make enough money in the future to ever pay back the whole amount. He was taking advantage of a situation and it caught up to him. I hope all those defrauded are made whole.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:29 AM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Well...

The dealer principle drowned in July...

https://wsvn.com/news/local/champion...rent-drownings

who was apparently involved with Sookalli https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1096705&referrerid=93689
see post #14

The only question is if Porsche has a firewall between them and the dealer.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:32 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

The state of Florida dosnt take kindly to auto dealer infractions... Would be interesting to see if they are fined or lose their dealer license.
PCNA obviously have their finger on the pulse.... Waiting to see the outcome of the legals.... Then they will act accordingly.

I suspect many will sue the dealer.

No matter what the outcome, Champion name is tarnished.
I would be buying a Porsche from a near by dealer before setting foot in a place that could be shut down for an audit etc... place has gone to the dogs as far as im concerned. Time for the shareholders to move on.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:35 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I see a Lifetime movie in this
Old 09-13-2018, 12:41 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,790 Likes on 2,159 Posts

We should pool up our funds and offer to buyout Champion and change the name to Rennlist Porsche. haha
Old 09-13-2018, 12:49 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I’ll invité you to the group Martin, thats been half the days conversation LOL.
Im in charge of Motorsport Parts Testing.
You can be Do campus management.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:11 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
I see a Lifetime movie in this
Plenty of articles about Champion, startup selling unwanted models to get the volume of popular cars and the success story, the chapter 11, etc etc
Plenty of racing footage
The owner RIP had the last RHD purple 73RS in Trinidad. The car was found last year and it’s a mini serie on YouTube Now and they are writing a book about that car.

My footnote could be how the owners wife rear ended my parents who where on the way back from the Ford dealer to pick up my brand new Ford in 1996.
She drove a white 993 Turbo. That’s how I met the owner, he came to the accident in his black 993 Turbo.
I didn’t file a law suit. I’ve never told him once I got into Porsche’s.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:13 AM
shiraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I’ll invité you to the group Martin, thats been half the days conversation LOL.
Im in charge of Motorsport Parts Testing.
You can be Do campus management.
Can I be the head of sales?
Old 09-13-2018, 01:18 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_
If anyone is interested here are some documents pertaining to a lawsuit filed by Champion against Shiraaz
Wow, great info and this is very interesting but in this day and age I am actually not surprised. There are continuous scams, ENRON....., or how about investors MADOFF...... or how about "subprime mortgages" Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac..... anywhere there is money to be made and demand is 4X or 5X supply..... this seems to happen. I am sorry for all the P-Car guys getting the short end of the deal and I hope Champion wises up and understands they own this since an acting VP of the company did this.

My heart goes out to all whom been a victim of this tragedy. There are no words to describe this crime and it is sad how common this becoming.

Brightside... Good thing is today's tech, he will eventually be found, either dead or alive, I am willing to bet on that.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:27 AM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shiraz
Can I be the head of sales?
I think we just found him! In New Zealand! Oh wait...your username only has one a
Old 09-13-2018, 02:02 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
We should pool up our funds and offer to buyout Champion and change the name to Rennlist Porsche. haha
Love it!
Old 09-13-2018, 02:06 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Plenty of articles about Champion, startup selling unwanted models to get the volume of popular cars and the success story, the chapter 11, etc etc
Plenty of racing footage
The owner RIP had the last RHD purple 73RS in Trinidad. The car was found last year and it’s a mini serie on YouTube Now and they are writing a book about that car.

My footnote could be how the owners wife rear ended my parents who where on the way back from the Ford dealer to pick up my brand new Ford in 1996.
She drove a white 993 Turbo. That’s how I met the owner, he came to the accident in his black 993 Turbo.
I didn’t file a law suit. I’ve never told him once I got into Porsche’s.
This why you sir are a first class Porchemen! and a renown Porschian!
Old 09-13-2018, 02:58 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by NDGal
Almost every Steel/Sports Rolex model.
Patek 5711
AP Royal Oak steel.
Omega Speedy Tuesday.
Any hyped up rapper sneaker...
LV Supreme...
Hermes Birkin & Kelly handbags.

The list is looooooooong...
Except for one very important difference. All authorized dealers of Rolex, Patek, Omega and AP are obligated to sell their new watches at a price not exceeding the MSRP. To do otherwise would jeopardize their franchise. The problem is the stupid people who want something so bad they are willing to pay more. That drives the secondary market. The reputable watch dealers do not sell new watches at a premium. Neither do reputable auto dealers.

I'm still amazed at the marketing genius of Rolex. They spew out over one million watches a year and still can project the illusion that they are somehow rare and special!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing