Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 10:25 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Never put a deposit down with a salesman directly. Never put down a deposit and make it out to any other entity other than the dealership directly. If the dealership is a Doing Business As or owned by some other company and the salesman wants you to make the payment to that third party, you should walk away.

If you're dealing with Porsche of XYZ City, make your deposit out to Porsche of XYZ City, not Exotic Exchange, LLC.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:28 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA964993
Delete
who was the RL member you got the "lead" from?
Old 09-12-2018, 10:56 PM
dfoster
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG
This makes sense. Don't want one half *** case or settlement being used as a precedent.

Anyone organizing affected victims?

Maybe post Alan's contact info again. Assume you think he's the right guy for the job?
Yes, I’ve discussed my issues in great detail with Alan. If victims want to prepare their selves, this may Be our only real shot at getting the car we expected. I suggest contacting Alan first thing tomorrow. If Champion cared about their customer, their reputation, we would have been contacted by their highest exec to say, we’re sorry but we’re gonna figure out a way to make it right. You certainly don’t have their attorney call so he can say, sorry it happened but Champions a victim too.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

[QUOTE=dfoster;15286134]

Yes, I’ve discussed my issues in great detail with Alan. If victims want to prepare their selves, this may Be our only real shot at getting the car we expected. I suggest contacting Alan first thing tomorrow. If Champion cared about their customer, their reputation, we would have been contacted by their highest exec to say, we’re sorry but we’re gonna figure out a way to make it right. You certainly don’t have their attorney call so he can say, sorry it happened but Champions a victim too.
[/QUOTE

I am not defending Champion but they have no choice but to turn this over to their legal department. I am sure the FBI and many other Authorities are going to be involved in this. This is not like a pack of gubble gum was stolen. This is a very serious issue and this could get/be bigger/deeper than any one realizes
Old 09-12-2018, 11:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

[QUOTE=Jimmy-D;15286155]
Originally Posted by dfoster

[/QUOTE

I am not defending Champion but they have no choice but to turn this over to their legal department. I am sure the FBI and many other Authorities are going to be involved in this. This is not like a pack of gubble gum was stolen. This is a very serious issue and this could get/be bigger/deeper than any one realizes
And it happened over state lines which will definitely bring in the FBI.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:20 PM
gsc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Probably ran away to his home country.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:30 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,744 Likes on 2,172 Posts

The solution to prevent this sort of thing is that Porsche prohibits dealers from selling new cars above MSRP. That would enable cars to go to people who intend to drive them, and unlikely that there would be ADM on the used market if the number of cars built met actual demand. Get rid of the VIP program too. Porsche GT cars have become a very distorted market.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:31 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

As evil says above if this guy is in a other country like India ....it's going to be hard to retrieve the cash.
Now the only way is because the amount is large ...and through the Feds they communicate with authorities In the other country.
they go after this guy.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:40 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
The solution to prevent this sort of thing is that Porsche prohibits dealers from selling new cars above MSRP. That would enable cars to go to people who intend to drive them, and unlikely that there would be ADM on the used market if the number of cars built met actual demand. Get rid of the VIP program too. Porsche GT cars have become a very distorted market.
‘if all should be sold at MSRP that would imply person to person sales shouldn’t go above MSRP. Above MSRP only occurs because Porsche buyers support the premium ....wrong or right it’s not a dealer issue. This board is littered with people that what to pay over to have the new toy now, and it’s ok just not what I would do. I support my dealer, and if they have a car for me it’s great and if they don’t its still great. MSRP is what it is suggested ......most cars sell below that I don’t see people saying I want to pay more.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:48 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

[QUOTE=Jimmy-D;15286155]
Originally Posted by dfoster

[/QUOTE

Yup.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:51 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,744 Likes on 2,172 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787

‘if all should be sold at MSRP that would imply person to person sales shouldn’t go above MSRP. Above MSRP only occurs because Porsche buyers support the premium ....wrong or right it’s not a dealer issue. This board is littered with people that what to pay over to have the new toy now, and it’s ok just not what I would do. I support my dealer, and if they have a car for me it’s great and if they don’t its still great. MSRP is what it is suggested ......most cars sell below that I don’t see people saying I want to pay more.
The premium exists because a lot of buyers expect to own the cars almost for free or flip them, rather than buying them to drive them. Given the limited supply, that drives prices up beyond what the real demand warrants (real demand = people who plan to own the cars a while, put real miles on them, and sell at a loss because they've become used cars). There's somewhat of a bubble going on. This game of musical chairs has continued while the economy and stock markets have been strong, and interest rates have been low, but the music will eventually stop.

I don't know of any other consumer product which sells above MSRP, with consumers trying to outbid each other to get it.
Old 09-12-2018, 11:57 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,731 Likes on 4,763 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
The premium exists because a lot of buyers expect to own the cars almost for free or flip them, rather than buying them to drive them. Given the limited supply, that drives prices up beyond what the real demand warrants (real demand = people who plan to own the cars a while, put real miles on them, and sell at a loss because they've become used cars). There's somewhat of a bubble going on. This game of musical chairs has continued while the economy and stock markets have been strong, and interest rates have been low, but the music will eventually stop.

I don't know of any other consumer product which sells above MSRP, with consumers trying to outbid each other to get it.
The Yeezy 2 series
Old 09-13-2018, 12:00 AM
NDGal
Advanced

Received 85 Likes on 22 Posts

Almost every Steel/Sports Rolex model.
Patek 5711
AP Royal Oak steel.
Omega Speedy Tuesday.
Any hyped up rapper sneaker...
LV Supreme...
Hermes Birkin & Kelly handbags.

The list is looooooooong...
Old 09-13-2018, 12:03 AM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I vaguely remember Beany Babies trading at a premium to MSRP. Must be the same crowd buying Porsches.
Old 09-13-2018, 12:03 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac
Hey guys,
I was able to speak with their Attorney today, it was much better than I expected. So far to his knowledge, there is more than 20 people involved/affected.
He is trying to gather all the information/documents/wire/credit card, and he did mention that the goal is trying to compensate back all the customers. In what shape/form in terms of compensation, he would be
able to know more by the end of the month. I expressed my dilemma as the commission number I received is now locked/fixed at V250 status and the car is set to be delivered in Nov. If you guys were in my shoes, would you
1) negotiate a deal with Champion to see if they are willing to eat the cost and still take the delivery of the car at MSRP (minus my deposit) -> I will try to post a build sheet later, it is a "bloater". This will avoid the legal troubles.
2) Walk away and get my refund back and possible take legal actions ?
Thanks
Jack
Great to hear. Hopefull for a positive outcome.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing