GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:49 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Thanks.

I don't understand exactly what that means but obviously he did it in a convincing way from a customer's point of view.
Still hard to believe that no one at the dealership knew nothing about it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again ...

It’s been a while but I remember reading that it’s preferable not to buy cars in Florida (if you’re from out of state) because their laws favor dealerships.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:53 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Outlaw
ahh yes the omniscient Archimedes.
Don’t believe I would want you negotiating any insurance policies In a business.

How about this simple scenario; car salesman lends out Car repeatedly to friends and than that friend runs over a teenager , killing her. You do realize a dealership with dozens of employees driving cars on public roads in of itself would present a vicarious situation. The other posters right, stop talking about things you don’t understand .
And I wouldn’t want someone as dense as you doing my insurance purchasing when you don’t know the difference between negligence and fraud. Fraud coverage is specific, limited coverage and is quite expensive. I’d be shocked if Champion had it and even more shocked if it paid out in this case. But feel free to assume there’s an insurance company somewhere preparing checks as we speak...
Old 09-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Did the GM die 2 months ago in a evening water incident?

Did the OWNER die 2 months ago in a evening water incident?

Just did a quick Google and found this guy was missing from a resort and found in an apparent drowning

Even more perplexing, this report states it was a boating accident

Originally Posted by STG
Benefit of the doubt? Lol.

The GM of the dealership should be fired. He's incompetent not picking up on this and keeping tabs on the allocations. There must have been MANY RED flags that anyone should have seen.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt that he didn't know, but should have known better.

Last edited by Perimeter; 09-12-2018 at 11:17 PM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:07 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 1990ruf
Gone like DB Cooper....
DB Cooper is no longer gone - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-B-Cooper.html
Old 09-12-2018, 09:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Did the OWNER die 2 months ago in a evening water incident?

Yes, that is correct.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:16 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

At the end of the day champion as a long time business should pony up the money .
And write a letter apologizing to all there customers and write a check.
If they are smart and want to keep there business intact...they can make 2.5 M in to time.
And then they go after there old employee but I bet the employee is long gone....and the monies might be in a other country.
This a federal case...but this is not the customers fault.

on a side note ,
If I had 30 million dollars I would go to champion and offer them a buy out ...and take over the business and pay all there ripoffed customers.
Maybe a oppurtunity for someone here ..
Old 09-12-2018, 09:16 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are no such things as coincidences
Old 09-12-2018, 09:23 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 208 Likes on 106 Posts

Last edited by GT3; 09-13-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:32 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Hey guys,
I was able to speak with their Attorney today, it was much better than I expected. So far to his knowledge, there is more than 20 people involved/affected.
He is trying to gather all the information/documents/wire/credit card, and he did mention that the goal is trying to compensate back all the customers. In what shape/form in terms of compensation, he would be
able to know more by the end of the month. I expressed my dilemma as the commission number I received is now locked/fixed at V250 status and the car is set to be delivered in Nov. If you guys were in my shoes, would you
1) negotiate a deal with Champion to see if they are willing to eat the cost and still take the delivery of the car at MSRP (minus my deposit) -> I will try to post a build sheet later, it is a "bloater". This will avoid the legal troubles.
2) Walk away and get my refund back and possible take legal actions ?
Thanks
Jack
Old 09-12-2018, 09:35 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Do you like the car as it is built?

If you do then use the deposit to purchase it, but not at its current msrp but at the one you had agreed to on your build, which presumably is lower.

That would not only make you whole, but it would also be appropriate consideration given the situation.

But only if you like the car.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:40 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Do you like the car as it is built?

If you do then use the deposit to purchase it, but not at its current msrp but at the one you had agreed to on your build, which presumably is lower.

That would not only make you whole, but it would also be appropriate consideration given the situation.

But only if you like the car.
Thanks Soul, that makes better sense/deal. Yes the build has all the bells and whistle (PCCB/lift/buckets/manual) but on top of that, a bunch of CXX options with fancy stitching and leather
Jack
Old 09-12-2018, 09:45 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The guy is undoubtedly out of the country, probably India (could be wrong, but I believe his name is Indian and presumably he has family/contacts there). $2.5m goes a long way in India and there is a very low chance of anyone finding him there and bringing him to US justice. I have dealt with this with Chinese individuals in my line of work. Basically, there is no getting them or collecting a judgment, and I understand India is worse. I have a good friend and collegue who is an Indian lawyer so I will inquire with her tomorrow as to her thoughts about extradition and collecting any judgment, but I think the chance is near zero.

I know when I placed my deposit at my dealer they gave me a receipt (I actually have three receipts). And, you know, I stop by with breakfast sandwiches for the employees and managers (which reminds me I need to do that again soon, just been so busy with work).

Of course, if I were personally effected by this, I would find him and have a child of his killed by my Russian friends in the most unpleasant way possible. He and his wife can watch, besides, it’s only one kid and they have spares. As mooty would say, vitamix
Old 09-12-2018, 09:50 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac
Thanks Soul, that makes better sense/deal. Yes the build has all the bells and whistle (PCCB/lift/buckets/manual) but on top of that, a bunch of CXX options with fancy stitching and leather
Jack
You're very welcome.

Personally that is the only way I would accept this car, and if they are unwilling to do it I would get my money back and consider legal recourse if available, or just walk away with my money back and a lesson learned.

Otherwise every time you get in the car to drive it you are going to be reminded that you paid more than you wanted for a car you didn't order from a dealer that didn't do the right thing by you after one of their employees scammed you under their supervision ... I can't speak for anyone else but that would prevent me from having a joyful ownership experience.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:00 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

This is horrible. I feel for anybody involved.

When I bought my GT3 (out of state), it was through a referral by a Rennlist member to his dealership. I had to put a $10K deposit down on the allocation (with commission number). The dealership is in NY. But the deposit had to be made out to some holding company that owns the dealership out of Florida. Seemed really sketchy. So I did as much homework as I could. Called PCNA and confirmed commission number and employees names and all that. Still... seemed really weird that my deposit wasn't going to Porsche Dealership, and instead was going to some LLC/DBA. I won't say the name, but it was something like Racing X, LLC. All those people saying the "never put down deposits for their cars"... I don't know how you get away with that. I've never talked to a dealership willing to give me an allocation on an exotic car like these with ZERO deposit...

Anyway, it worked out in the end and I have my car. Nothing nefarious went on in my situation, but it could have. Easy as hell for someone to PM a member on this forum offering an allocation "through their dealer." Call the dealer and speak with someone. Put down a deposit but deposit goes to some other company. And bam... you got scammed. Going forward I will never put a deposit down or pay for a car unless the money is going to an account with the dealership's name on it.

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Respondeat superior doctrine. Ask any 1L, they'll tell you.
Yes. This. Dealership is on the hook for the actions of their employee.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:10 PM
RSA964993
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 79 Posts

Delete

Last edited by RSA964993; 09-12-2018 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Delete

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing