Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 02:06 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

A new video may come out for Shiraaz Sookralli in the "Big House", just like the lunatic who went on rampage in New Zealand.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

LINK:
Old 04-05-2019, 02:26 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by RADONCulous
Shiraaz-Sookrall...the rarest shade...wonder if he be placed on display...

Name:  photo95.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  891.5 KB
Old 04-05-2019, 02:28 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

It would be fantastic if Sokralli ended up in the same federal joints as Martin Shkreli. Imagine what kind of stuff those two could do together.
Old 04-05-2019, 03:21 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
It would be fantastic if Sokralli ended up in the same federal joints as Martin Shkreli. Imagine what kind of stuff those two could do together.
The two martyrs of the ADM lol
Old 04-05-2019, 03:41 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
The guy looks soooooo happy in his mug shot because he's finally starting to realize that after all the x-wife drama, x-mistress drama, and 10 kids, he's going to get some much deserved peace & quiet.
couldn't help but both laugh and agree actually. God willing I will never go to jail but with his baggage it doesn't sound half bad
Old 04-05-2019, 08:43 PM
rich.7
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dfoster
I was a victim to this. I started this thread originally trying to find other victims in some discret way, hoping to learn more. I made a deposit in early January 2018. I never in a million years thought this could happen to me. When I first learned I was scammed, sure I was furious. If I’m Champion, what do you do? I still think they should have informed us more frequently, because we all knew the clock was ticking....we’re going to loose the window on an allocation. Roy Diaz was honest with me. He told me from the 1sr call, Champion wants to make this right, they’re just not sure how yet. I can’t speak for everyone, only me. I’ve talked with other victims and not all are happy with the result. I can only report my perspective. I’m happy with my result. I waited longer, they honored my deposit, I Took delivery in late January 2019. The replacement salesman treated me incredible. Their parts guy has been awesome. I have nothing to gain at this point, only to share my experience. I think in the end Champion did step up...at least for me. I hope everyone eventually gets resolve to this.
I hope Shiraaz burns for what he’s done. I have zero sympathy for him.
Thank you for sharing your experience and congrats on the new car! Enjoy!
Old 04-05-2019, 09:07 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
Is the event tomorrow or did this event already happen?
Event is tomorrow, and we spent the afternoon at Champion mapping out the layout—I think it's going to be a nice morning, and look forward to meeting those who are coming!

As for timing of Sookralli's arrest, we couldn't have had much of an effect on that. I remember the climate here on RL when the scandal broke, and my take then was simple: Champion had always set a high standard of professionalism in my dealings with them at Excellence, a standard I saw continue with 000. Ditto for a lot of friends in the racing world. I felt the company deserved the benefit of the doubt based on its long past. Sounds like it made things right by those customers affected. Should they be punished for doing so, or praised for doing so?

Saw Naveen for the first time in a long time this morning, and barely recognized him. Met his brother, and their desire to run the business as their father did is clear.

Originally Posted by Guest89
I’m a bit disappointed in 000 for hosting an event at Champion this weekend ... I cannot believe that the Maraj family was unaware of Sookralli’s conduct.
Speculation, no? We haven't seen any evidence to support that.

Originally Posted by Guest89
There are ~185 dealers in the US - why give any recognition to Champion?
When we announced 000, Dave Maraj was the first person to reach out about advertising in the magazine. I think the email arrived the day after we announced, or maybe two days after. Needless to say, I was surprised and honored by that...as Maraj had been a stalwart supporter of Excellence for many years. His belief was that print mattered, and he supported our hobby in many ways, including his continual support of motorsport to the end. When I arrived at a pit garage in Le Mans last year, the team was adding Champion logos to a 911 and the walls of the garage...Dave Maraj didn't have to support that American effort, but did so.

Yes, there are a lot of Porsche dealers out there. But, when we decided to hold Rare Shades 3 in Florida, Champion was a natural for three reasons: Its longtime status as a #1 volume dealer, its motorsport history, its support of 000, and its enthusiasm for the hobby.

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
You have to pay a fee to display your PTS car at a Porsche event?!?
You have to pay a fee to display a car at many events, and usually quite a bit more than $40. There are costs associated with organizing Rare Shades, and the goodie bag provided to entrants contains items with a retail value that exceeds the $40 registration fee...

Last edited by stout; 04-05-2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:29 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
The two martyrs of the ADM lol

Now that is funny!
Old 04-05-2019, 09:49 PM
professsorz
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Gosh. I spent around two hours reading this thread, it being such an off-the-wall occurrence. My primary thought at this point is whether any entity will be pursuing Champion itself. From the crazy number of pages I read it appears abundantly clear that they were aware of SS's activities. Seems impossible to (reasonably) argue otherwise, given that they were the ones reducing his paycheck by 25% as a result of the Amex lawsuit and they were also directly involved with the 911 that was sold for 500+k and never delivered. Hence, clearly in the know.

However, who or what is motivated to go after them and for what? If the 25 wannabe owners are reimbursed and made to be "happy" is that the end? I guess it's not a criminal event to knowingly keep a definitively identified scumbag on the payroll. So ... just curious if the enablers of the whole thing are somehow going to sidestep any legal proceedings against them.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:02 PM
Julesman
Intermediate

I lived in South Florida for 7 years. This doesn't surprise me at all. Some of the crookedest people in the world live there.

The worst of all are the local government officials, judges, and many police officers. Many of them are no more than common thugs.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:14 PM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,450 Likes on 956 Posts

Miami and Chicago have a lot in common.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:23 PM
Julesman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 996AE
Miami and Chicago have a lot in common.
True. But it's not just Miami. This Porsche dealer's scam happened in Broward county. Both Broward and Palm Beach counties are crooked to the core.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:43 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by stout

When we announced 000, Dave Maraj was the first person to reach out about advertising in the magazine. I think the email arrived the day after we announced, or maybe two days after. Needless to say, I was surprised and honored by that...as Maraj had been a stalwart supporter of Excellence for many years. His belief was that print mattered, and he supported our hobby in many ways, including his continual support of motorsport to the end. When I arrived at a pit garage in Le Mans last year, the team was adding Champion logos to a 911 and the walls of the garage...Dave Maraj didn't have to support that American effort, but did so.

Yes, there are a lot of Porsche dealers out there. But, when we decided to hold Rare Shades 3 in Florida, Champion was a natural for three reasons: Its longtime status as a #1 volume dealer, its motorsport history, its support of 000, and its enthusiasm for the hobby.
Haven’t seen any evidence?

Please don’t whitewash this for Champion. They sell a lot of cars (so what?), have supported Porsche Motorsport at the highest levels for decades, but there is no way in hell the Maraj family was unaware of SS’s behavior.

Originally Posted by professsorz
Gosh. I spent around two hours reading this thread, it being such an off-the-wall occurrence. My primary thought at this point is whether any entity will be pursuing Champion itself. From the crazy number of pages I read it appears abundantly clear that they were aware of SS's activities. Seems impossible to (reasonably) argue otherwise, given that they were the ones reducing his paycheck by 25% as a result of the Amex lawsuit and they were also directly involved with the 911 that was sold for 500+k and never delivered. Hence, clearly in the know.

However, who or what is motivated to go after them and for what? If the 25 wannabe owners are reimbursed and made to be "happy" is that the end? I guess it's not a criminal event to knowingly keep a definitively identified scumbag on the payroll. So ... just curious if the enablers of the whole thing are somehow going to sidestep any legal proceedings against them.
Agreed.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:55 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Originally Posted by stout
Event is tomorrow, and we spent the afternoon at Champion mapping out the layout—I think it's going to be a nice morning, and look forward to meeting those who are coming!

As for timing of Sookralli's arrest, we couldn't have had much of an effect on that. I remember the climate here on RL when the scandal broke, and my take then was simple: Champion had always set a high standard of professionalism in my dealings with them at Excellence, a standard I saw continue with 000. Ditto for a lot of friends in the racing world. I felt the company deserved the benefit of the doubt based on its long past. Sounds like it made things right by those customers affected. Should they be punished for doing so, or praised for doing so?

Saw Naveen for the first time in a long time this morning, and barely recognized him. Met his brother, and their desire to run the business as their father did is clear.

You have to pay a fee to display a car at many events, and usually quite a bit more than $40. There are costs associated with organizing Rare Shades, and the goodie bag provided to entrants contains items with a retail value that exceeds the $40 registration fee...
How many people are you expecting?
Old 04-05-2019, 11:07 PM
rodney2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Guest89;15754327]Haven’t seen any evidence?

Please don’t whitewash this for Champion. They sell a lot of cars (so what?), have supported Porsche Motorsport at the highest levels for decades, but there is no way in hell the Maraj family was unaware of SS’s behavior.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing