Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 12:15 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I would assume all scammed customers have been reimbursed by now?

Anyone run across Shiraaz lately?
I sure hope so, but maybe some signed NDAs/settlement agreements or are not at liberty to talk about it yet maybe due to negotiations or pending litigation. Seems like last we heard from some of the victims Champion had not made good yet on their promise to reimburse but I don't have any facts either way to support or deny that and I'm too lazy to scroll up lol

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Going forward, any deposit or payment I make to a dealer will be through escrow service. Once car shows up and I get paperwork, escrow will release the funds.a

On another note, I contacted a local NorCal Porsche dealership about a GT3RS. They took my contact info. I later received 3 text messages from private brokers located out of state. One of whom said he was "friends" with SS and Champion. And could get me an allocation if I just paid him $35K. I asked how he got my contact info. The local Porsche dealership gave it to him. WTF. A salesman at a CA dealership gave my contact info to a third-party broker in order to scam me out of money on a car supposedly located in Florida?

I'm sure PNA would love to know that a salesman is farming out customers to their buddy in order to skim ADM/deposit money.

ALSO...

Are brokers morons or what? Why would I pay a broker money to get me an allocation with a huge ADM when I can just go straight to the dealer and pay the same ADM? Why would I pay a third party to provide zero service or benefit? If I'm paying you for a service, it needs to be for some added value. As in... a lower price on the same car. Idiots.
I agree with you that if you want to use a broker service you'll need to tread very carefully after this debacle, but one benefit to using a broker is to be a middle man for any issues. One example is another RLer took delivery of a car with PPF that apparently was missing the entire hood/a fender and so it was on the broker to make good and have the PPF fixed and the car delivered as promised to the client, so maybe a benefit if purchasing a car already on the ground. Another one is that the broker shops around for cheaper allocations from different dealers saving you that work *allegedly* (can neither confirm nor deny!)...but I am with you I would prefer to deal directly with a dealer as I did with my GT3

Old 10-29-2018, 01:22 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I agree with you that if you want to use a broker service you'll need to tread very carefully after this debacle, but one benefit to using a broker is to be a middle man for any issues. One example is another RLer took delivery of a car with PPF that apparently was missing the entire hood/a fender and so it was on the broker to make good and have the PPF fixed and the car delivered as promised to the client, so maybe a benefit if purchasing a car already on the ground. Another one is that the broker shops around for cheaper allocations from different dealers saving you that work *allegedly* (can neither confirm nor deny!)...but I am with you I would prefer to deal directly with a dealer as I did with my GT3
Why would having to deal with a broker as the middle man be better than dealing directly with the dealer? If you buy a car and shows up with an issue, why is having to deal with yet another involved party (the broker) better than having to deal with just the dealership? The dealership is involved either way. I guess I don't get it. As far as competing for a better price goes... yes, that would be awesome if that were the case. But it isn't. I can pick up a phone and call the same dealers the brokers call to get the prices for myself. And I don't have to pay someone to do it. The brokers who contacted me were all trying to get me to buy the SAME ALLOCATION. One wanted 50K. Another wanted 35K. The third wanted 35K but came down to 20K over MSRP. Which means... if he wants 20K, the dealership is selling it for less since the middle man needs to get his $$$$ too...

So again: Why would I pay a middle man to do something I can do myself? And why would I pay a middle man more than what the dealership is asking? If the Broker A wants $35K over and Broker B wants $20K over for the SAME car at the SAME dealership, it means the broker is useless. Especially when I call the dealer and they give me their best price and it's less than what brokers want.

And what about a Porsche Salesman giving my personal information to a third-party so that they can get a cut of the Broker's fee or the ADM from some other dealership's sale since the original salesman doesn't have an allocation to sell? Shady.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:35 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 291 Likes on 146 Posts

I use a broker

It works both ways

He gets cars at wholesale

Also he sells my trades for much more than dealer trade and runs thru the dealer for tax credit

It work, not for all
Old 10-29-2018, 01:44 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Izzone
I use a broker

It works both ways

He gets cars at wholesale

Also he sells my trades for much more than dealer trade and runs thru the dealer for tax credit

It work, not for all
Your broker can get a new GT3RS allocation at wholesale pricing? And passes those savings on to you? Riiiiiiight...
Old 11-09-2018, 03:04 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

So what's the latest? Anything here? Like I thought I am sure ALL parties involved want this to just go away. Let the insurance pay back the poor folks that got robbed and be done with this so all the parties involved stay anonymous.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:08 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
So what's the latest? Anything here? Like I thought I am sure ALL parties involved want this to just go away. Let the insurance pay back the poor folks that got robbed and be done with this so all the parties involved stay anonymous.
In other news:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...came-thru.html

Originally Posted by 97C2s911
I was one of the people who dealt with Shiraaz and had felt things seemed odd throughout the transaction . But as hard as it is to get an allocation the $15k seemed worth the lack of responsiveness and possible risk . Possible stupidity .
I feel extremely fortunate that not only did I get the car I ordered , Champion and Mr. Diaz their lawyer , after showing the paper work of deposit with Champion Autosport and the actual sales paper work had the deposit refund
paid back right away . I know there are many disappointed customers out there , but felt I should put this out there also .
Old 11-09-2018, 03:21 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
see my thread I posted about a week ago, some may want to remain anonymous, I did not.
jack

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...hat-a-car.html
Old 11-16-2018, 06:45 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Name:  photo867.jpg
Views: 2869
Size:  1,006.6 KB
Old 11-18-2018, 09:44 AM
Chajt2
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brokers

A broker in my town was selling all makes of vehicle at prices that authorized new car dealers could not meet. He was the largest retailer of new vehicles in Florida. As a new car dealer I was loosing a lot of business to him. I managed to obtain documents from Florida DMV, and determined that he was stealing sales tax. He was selling about 8,000 new cars a year, and reporting sales tax received to FL Dept. of Revenue of about $1,200 a month. I contacted FL Dept. of Law Enforcement. It took a year before he was arrested. He defrauded FL of about $19,000,000 in sales tax. He was convicted of stealing the sales tax, and with penalties, he owed FL about $32,000,000.

He bought vehicles out of area, paying small dealers a little over invoice, and sold cars at a loss, then stole the sales tax. Example, buys vehicle for $50,000. Sells it for $1,500 loss, but pockets $3,000 in sales tax, leaving him with $1,500 profit with little overhead.

He was convicted, no jail, had to only repay $1,000,000. His assets were seized. Never paid back most of the money, as he died shortly after being being convicted.

This occurred about fifteen years ago.

Bottom line, in 99.9% of times a broker can not beat a legitimate dealers price.

FYI I’m retired, and buy my cars like everybody.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:29 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Please me understand the math here. I buy sometimes cars out of state if I get a better deal.

He buys a car for $50K, sells it for $1,500.00 loss. So He sold the car for $48,500.00? If sold that to a local he MUST collect sales tax in order for the new local owner to use that car legally with plates. If that car was sold to an out-of-state person, then the new owner will pay for registration in his/her home state to legally use the car with tags.

Maybe the law back 15 years ago was lax. So are you saying he collected sales tax yet did not turn over the sales tax collection to Florida state? He would be in jail pretty quick if that was the case.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Chajt2
A broker in my town was selling all makes of vehicle at prices that authorized new car dealers could not meet. He was the largest retailer of new vehicles in Florida. As a new car dealer I was loosing a lot of business to him. I managed to obtain documents from Florida DMV, and determined that he was stealing sales tax. He was selling about 8,000 new cars a year, and reporting sales tax received to FL Dept. of Revenue of about $1,200 a month. I contacted FL Dept. of Law Enforcement. It took a year before he was arrested. He defrauded FL of about $19,000,000 in sales tax. He was convicted of stealing the sales tax, and with penalties, he owed FL about $32,000,000.

He bought vehicles out of area, paying small dealers a little over invoice, and sold cars at a loss, then stole the sales tax. Example, buys vehicle for $50,000. Sells it for $1,500 loss, but pockets $3,000 in sales tax, leaving him with $1,500 profit with little overhead.

He was convicted, no jail, had to only repay $1,000,000. His assets were seized. Never paid back most of the money, as he died shortly after being being convicted.

This occurred about fifteen years ago.

Bottom line, in 99.9% of times a broker can not beat a legitimate dealers price.

FYI I’m retired, and buy my cars like everybody.

Old 11-18-2018, 12:17 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Have they found this crook yet?
Old 11-18-2018, 12:20 PM
GKGEIGER
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 78 Posts

Are they looking?
Old 11-21-2018, 05:39 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Don't see any Black Friday sales events? Might call Porsche West Broward, they may have what I want.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:51 PM
ginmqi
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
Your broker can get a new GT3RS allocation at wholesale pricing? And passes those savings on to you? Riiiiiiight...
Very good point. If it seems too good to be true....

Not to mention as you said already....where's your value proposition to you for paying a broker such an ADM when the risk is higher with it being a scammer rather than dealing with an official dealer directly through official channels.

Originally Posted by GKGEIGER
Are they looking?
I'm guessing it's one of the many cases on the appropriate law enforcement agency's "to do" list.

Hopefully dude is caught sooner than later but it's gonna be likely an international cat and mouse game now.
Old 12-28-2018, 12:30 AM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Maybe she knows where Sookralli is:

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/12/bm...months-prison/

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing