Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 03:27 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

So much for getting my deposit back on the 12th. Im curious does anyone have anything new to report? Has any one had contact from SHD legal group? The Diaz group of lawyers won’t respond to my calls or emails lately and if I don’t here from them by next week I’m hiring an Attourney after all. If someone has a recommendation for a good local lawyer in Florida I’d take it. Feel free to PM me if you’d like be anonymous.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:33 PM
jeffostroff
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cyrek, sounds like you ignored my previous advice here a few weeks ago. Don't take any legal advice from Champion's Lawyers, and don't sit around waiting for what we all know will be smoke screens and no responses.

The cops are not working for you, no one is working for you but you! The only person looking out for you is you....and me!

So YOU must get off your butt and take action now, every day puts you further and further away from your money.

First of all I am very miffed that a search of Florida Department of Law Enforcement Warrants Shows no arrest warrant for Sookralli’s arrest, I thought that would be a no brainner, but then again the cops down here have no brains, and many sergeants in Broward Sheriffs have left due to morale after the Marjory Stoneman Douglas massacre revealed massive failure on their part

This lack of a search warrant says to me Broward Sheriff is treating this as a civil matter, not a criminal matter, so ASAP…. YOU must turn this into a criminal matter. Could they be any more stupid! There should be a warrant out a month ago for Suck-Rally to be arrested!

You must vigorously pursue criminal charges at this point, that is the only thing that will light a fire under their butts.

Champion Porsche and their smoke screen lawyers may be able to ignore YOU, but they cannot ignore the Better Business Bureau and they cannot ignore the Floriduh Attorney General either, and both act pretty quickly once you file your complaint online.

Here is my 8 step strategy I am telling you to do right this second.

Start this process today right now as soon as you finish reading this:

1) Go to BBB.com and file a complaint here: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

2) Cut and paste your BBB complaint to a complaint with the Florida State Attorney General's office online here: http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.ns...tizen_Services

3) Call the Miami office of FBI and start a criminal complaint against both Champion Porsche and SookRalli (754) 703-2000, get a case number. The number of victims and $2.5 million dollar amount meets the minimum required to investigate. Don’t let them usher you away, get a CASE #!

4) Call the Broward Sheriff’s Office and start a formal criminal complaint against Champion Porsche and SookRalli with the Pompano Beach Division (954) 786-4201, and YOU start a criminal investigation, get a CASE #!

5) Call the Secret Service Miami to complain of money laundering and start a criminal complaint
Phone: 305-863-5000. get a CASE #!

6) Contact local news stations near Champion Porsche and talk to consumer reporters about this crime, and if they air your story, this will put added pressure on Champion to pay you back. Wplg.com (ABC), WSVN.com “Help Me Howard” (Fox) NBCMiami.com (NBC). This can be very powerful, and we often see their stories where businesses pay up on the spot.

7) Get a lawyer and file against Champion immediately in Broward County Court, if they had any intentions of paying you back, it they would have done so the day it all hit the fan, instead of hiding behind a smoke screen attorney. It has been a month already and no check? Sounds to me like these clowns are stalling, so don’t you let them stall you and control the conversation. YOU control the conversation from here on in with criminal charges, and complaints, and stories from the news. I have a producer from Channel 10 I know who was looking at my blog post, I’m sure they’d love to talk to victims directly.

The quicker it looks like you are pursuing criminal charges against Champion Porsche, the quicker you might see a refund from them. This might help ensure they were not just blowing hot air when they said they plan to reimburse buyers for their losses.

8) Contact Bank of America and ask for their fraud department and start a complaint with them.

Always get names of every person you speak with no matter what agency, don't take no for an answer, insist upon a case #, but the important thing here is to vigorously pursue criminal charges at this point.

I hope this helps you, let us know what you encounter, but please follow my 8 steps above now.
Old 10-13-2018, 12:53 PM
RLsks
AutoX

Wow
Old 10-13-2018, 12:54 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Will be interesting to see how many scammed Champion customers have not been refunded yet since OCT 12th was the day Champion had promised.

I guess we'll be hearing from them like above if there are more. The non victims here have done ALOT to help those affected. I would hope the scammed Champion customers would want justice served and not just a refund and an MSRP allocation of their choosing.

Jeff posted some great advice and self advocating steps. Champion's attorneys are looking out for their client, not the victims. The more time that goes by, the worse it will be. I would have hoped some victims would already have taken the above steps.

It's my opinion, that Champion hopes Shiraaz never surfaces again. I think his testimony could expose a lot of things Champion would rather not have come out.

It's telling that Champion's attorneys have requested the case be confidential and not available on open records. Can someone file requesting it is available?

Name:  photo812.jpg
Views: 2316
Size:  163.4 KB
Old 10-13-2018, 12:59 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffostroff
Cyrek, sounds like you ignored my previous advice here a few weeks ago. Don't take any legal advice from Champion's Lawyers, and don't sit around waiting for what we all know will be smoke screens and no responses.

The cops are not working for you, no one is working for you but you! The only person looking out for you is you....and me!

So YOU must get off your butt and take action now, every day puts you further and further away from your money.

First of all I am very miffed that a search of Florida Department of Law Enforcement Warrants Shows no arrest warrant for Sookralli’s arrest, I thought that would be a no brainner, but then again the cops down here have no brains, and many sergeants in Broward Sheriffs have left due to morale after the Marjory Stoneman Douglas massacre revealed massive failure on their part

This lack of a search warrant says to me Broward Sheriff is treating this as a civil matter, not a criminal matter, so ASAP…. YOU must turn this into a criminal matter. Could they be any more stupid! There should be a warrant out a month ago for Suck-Rally to be arrested!

You must vigorously pursue criminal charges at this point, that is the only thing that will light a fire under their butts.

Champion Porsche and their smoke screen lawyers may be able to ignore YOU, but they cannot ignore the Better Business Bureau and they cannot ignore the Floriduh Attorney General either, and both act pretty quickly once you file your complaint online.

Here is my 8 step strategy I am telling you to do right this second.

Start this process today right now as soon as you finish reading this:

1) Go to BBB.com and file a complaint here: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

2) Cut and paste your BBB complaint to a complaint with the Florida State Attorney General's office online here: http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.ns...tizen_Services

3) Call the Miami office of FBI and start a criminal complaint against both Champion Porsche and SookRalli (754) 703-2000, get a case number. The number of victims and $2.5 million dollar amount meets the minimum required to investigate. Don’t let them usher you away, get a CASE #!

4) Call the Broward Sheriff’s Office and start a formal criminal complaint against Champion Porsche and SookRalli with the Pompano Beach Division (954) 786-4201, and YOU start a criminal investigation, get a CASE #!

5) Call the Secret Service Miami to complain of money laundering and start a criminal complaint
Phone: 305-863-5000. get a CASE #!

6) Contact local news stations near Champion Porsche and talk to consumer reporters about this crime, and if they air your story, this will put added pressure on Champion to pay you back. Wplg.com (ABC), WSVN.com “Help Me Howard” (Fox) NBCMiami.com (NBC). This can be very powerful, and we often see their stories where businesses pay up on the spot.

7) Get a lawyer and file against Champion immediately in Broward County Court, if they had any intentions of paying you back, it they would have done so the day it all hit the fan, instead of hiding behind a smoke screen attorney. It has been a month already and no check? Sounds to me like these clowns are stalling, so don’t you let them stall you and control the conversation. YOU control the conversation from here on in with criminal charges, and complaints, and stories from the news. I have a producer from Channel 10 I know who was looking at my blog post, I’m sure they’d love to talk to victims directly.

The quicker it looks like you are pursuing criminal charges against Champion Porsche, the quicker you might see a refund from them. This might help ensure they were not just blowing hot air when they said they plan to reimburse buyers for their losses.

8) Contact Bank of America and ask for their fraud department and start a complaint with them.

Always get names of every person you speak with no matter what agency, don't take no for an answer, insist upon a case #, but the important thing here is to vigorously pursue criminal charges at this point.

I hope this helps you, let us know what you encounter, but please follow my 8 steps above now.
Are you an attorney? All this advice is great had the dealership not already contacted him and assured him he will be reimbursed. Patience is probably better advice than spending a full day or two to accomplish your 8 steps to recovery. If you go through a these filings, I don't think a replacement allocation spot would be an ootion after reimbursement. I'd try to avoid attorneys here unless absolutely necessary. Expecting cash payouts immediately is unrealistic as I'm sure they don't have 2+ million dollars sitting around.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Are you an attorney? All this advice is great had the dealership not already contacted him and assured him he will be reimbursed. Patience is probably better advice than spending a full day or two to accomplish your 8 steps to recovery. If you go through a these filings, I don't think a replacement allocation spot would be an ootion after reimbursement. I'd try to avoid attorneys here unless absolutely necessary. Expecting cash payouts immediately is unrealistic as I'm sure they don't have 2+ million dollars sitting around.

Jeff is a consumer advocate and generous of him to offer his FREE advice. There's nothing in it for him $$.

So Champion merely refunding scammed customers and buying them off with MSRP allocations is somehow having justice served?

Letting Shiraaz get away with this without any consequences or not doing the maximum to help his apprehension is the real tragedy here.

Shiraaz facing a trial is the last thing Champion wants.
Old 10-13-2018, 01:05 PM
RLsks
AutoX

Agreed
Old 10-13-2018, 01:07 PM
jeffostroff
Track Day

"Patience is probably better advice " .... really?

Patience is what causes victims to lose their money, as promises of being paid back stretch out over one more week, one more weekend, one more month.

Champion most likely does have $2 million sitting around, the way they overcharge people and ask for stratospheric dealer fees. and ADM.

But you missed the other big point here and that is they likely have liability insurance for being sued, that's where an additional source of money is for the victims.

Be patient? Co me on, he's been patient long enough.

Certainly 7 of my 8 suggestions don't involve you having to shell out money for an attorney, you can make that happen last, but my other 7 suggestions only cost you a little bit of time while you are busy "being patient."
Old 10-13-2018, 01:09 PM
STG
Race Director

Expecting cash payouts immediately is unrealistic as I'm sure they don't have 2+ million dollars sitting around.

Oh really??? They even publicly said they would settle with all scammed customers by OCT 12th.

The scammed customers got taken for $2.5MM, and it's Champion's responsibility to reimburse them. How they come up with the cash is their problem not ours.

Name:  photo695.jpg
Views: 2257
Size:  921.4 KB

If this is accurate, I'm just speechless:

"This lack of a search warrant says to me Broward Sheriff is treating this as a civil matter, not a criminal matter, so ASAP…. YOU must turn this into a criminal matter. Could they be any more stupid! There should be a warrant out a month ago for Suck-Rally to be arrested!"
Old 10-13-2018, 01:24 PM
STG
Race Director

Name:  photo816.jpg
Views: 2244
Size:  555.0 KBName:  photo318.jpg
Views: 2185
Size:  546.8 KB

I'm not an attorney, but if these scammed customers "assign their claims" to Champion Porsche, they give up their right for any damages or retribution correct??

I assume this would be in Champions best interest. They're off the hook, Shiraaz is never found, and Champion collects insurance coverage for the losses.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Guess you're right. Full steam ahead on 10/13 when no payment on 10/12. I'm curious how many victims here care that much whatever happens regarding Shiraaz if they get fully reimbursed with cash and allocation.

Last edited by Dr Chill; 10-13-2018 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-13-2018, 04:39 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Hard to imagine that a dealership of that size wouldn't have $2 million liquid in their accounts, plus substantial line of credit.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:04 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Dealerships are so leveraged with their money that I doubt they keep that amount liquid.
Old 10-13-2018, 05:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Dealerships are so leveraged with their money that I doubt they keep that amount liquid.

Does it matter??

They said they're paying back scammed customers (that's what they are), and they're obligated to do so. Not sure what the issue is here?

By the way, while others were getting MSRP GT deals as we've heard, you were being offered an ADM even being a good customer there and having spent a lot of $$. How do you feel about that?
Old 10-13-2018, 05:12 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

The point is they have to mobilze money to pay the victims. Doesn't happen overnight. If people aren't paid in a month, then I think getting more involved is warranted. Nothing gonna be lost with watchful waiting.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing