Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334

Did you even read this thread? This post is first hand testimony:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15285622

Wow you guys really have some reading comprehension issues. Your example of a dealership avoiding taxes on ADMs is a criminal fraud perpetrated by an employee involving cash the dealership didn’t receive or even knew existed? That’s the support for a contention that ‘dealerships are evading taxes on ADMs’?
Old 10-04-2018, 03:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes

Wow you guys really have some reading comprehension issues. Your example of a dealership avoiding taxes on ADMs is a criminal fraud perpetrated by an employee involving cash the dealership didn’t receive or even knew existed? That’s the support for a contention that ‘dealerships are evading taxes on ADMs’?

Archie-medes AKA HOMER

Last edited by STG; 10-04-2018 at 11:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Why doesn't the "ignore function" work on the Garage Talk app??
Old 10-04-2018, 03:12 PM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

cash the dealership didn’t receive or even knew existed?
Of course, if Champion really didn't even know about it, it wasn't an ADM by definition. But if Champion was turning a 'blind eye' to the practices of a senior employee, they might be guilty of negligence for not supervising his actions more closely.

Don't ask/Don't tell is not a defense.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:49 PM
STG
Race Director

These guys got Mitra Maraj's picture on here rather than Shiraaz.

http://www.autoracing1.com/hotnews.asp?tid=142893

Name:  photo190.jpg
Views: 2666
Size:  1.30 MB

Here's Shiraaz guys:

Name:  photo249.jpg
Views: 2599
Size:  65.1 KB
Old 10-05-2018, 12:18 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by STG
I have NO CLUE about anyone's family or Naveen. Naveen seems to be a Maraj brother, so give the dealership a call and touch base with him? I have no info or interest in any of the above. Why would I?? Only thing I know is what I've read. Champion is the one that said Shiraaz wasn't anywhere to be found. He could be anywhere or in FL still. Does it really matter? It's Champions problem to try and track him down.

I just hope the victims get taken care of. I wish Champion strength to move past this and hope they face Shiraaz in court someday. I have no vested interest in the case. I'd bet Champion will continue being the #1 dealer for many years to come. They can turn this unfortunate ordeal around pretty easily if managed correctly.
I asked you two questions since you seem to be a talking head in this thread and come across as knowing the inside on the topic and have your finger on the pulse of the topic. Your response was I have NO CLUE. As stated I have known Shiraaz and Naveen since 2007. Oh btw bucky Naveen is NOT Maraj's brother. He is his son. Yeah you know so much. You say you have no interest or info on the subject yet you just can't stop talking here.
May have been Abe Lincoln or Mark Twain who stated ... Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)
Old 10-05-2018, 12:32 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by RSRanger
I asked you two questions since you seem to be a talking head in this thread and come across as knowing the inside on the topic and have your finger on the pulse of the topic. Your response was I have NO CLUE. As stated I have known Shiraaz and Naveen since 2007. Oh btw bucky Naveen is NOT Maraj's brother. He is his son. Yeah you know so much. You say you have no interest or info on the subject yet you just can't stop talking here.
May have been Abe Lincoln or Mark Twain who stated ... Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt.

Ranger (Sua Sponte)

You seem to know all these guys, and you're asking me where Naveen is?? How am I supposed to know.

Have you heard from Shiraaz? So is Devika his ex-wife and Vimla his current one??

I said Naveen is a Maraj brother, as in Mitra's brother. Both the late Dave Maraj's sons.

Sorry to have upset you Ranger. What is your issue again?? Maybe you can round up Shiraaz and bring him back into town to face the Sheriff.

Last edited by STG; 10-05-2018 at 12:52 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:03 AM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

This^ I can't even read it anymore.....the amount of outlandish crap has passed boiling point.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:06 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
This^ I can't even read it anymore.....the amount of outlandish crap has passed boiling point.
Ya think??????? I look for thread closure any day now by BTO.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:29 AM
STG
Race Director

This is a story that was broke on Rennlist and has made worldwide news. This has NEVER happened before. All who helped uncover the story should be congratulated. Obviously it has interest to a large group and many are curious as to how it unfolds.

Not sure why some that have ZERO interest in the subject or story can't help themselves from clicking on the thread when they have 1,000's of others to choose from?? It should be some sort of case study. Maybe I'll do a blog story on it and interview some psychologists to analyze.

If anything, the immaturity of the few here who cause drama is an embarrassment to Rennlist. There are 1,000's of people who have been following this who never knew what Rennlist was before this story.

Can we for once have civil discussions here for those who have an interest in the story?

Last edited by STG; 10-05-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:41 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Just want to make the point that I saw this on Facebook before it was posted here on rennlist. I actually came here looking to see if there was anything and at the time there wasn't. The articles reference rennlist as a source of information but I'm not sure I would say the story broke here. And it also seems as if some of the statements made here have no support and are being touted as facts.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:55 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by mwar99
Just want to make the point that I saw this on Facebook before it was posted here on rennlist. I actually came here looking to see if there was anything and at the time there wasn't. The articles reference rennlist as a source of information but I'm not sure I would say the story broke here. And it also seems as if some of the statements made here have no support and are being touted as facts.
Yes, there was online chatter leading up to this about Shiraaz MIA and guys worried about their deposits and orders. They were calling Champion and they weren't saying anything other than referring them to their attorney. Scammed customers got frustrated and started venting out on social media. That's how this thread got started.

As far as "facts" go, Shiraaz hasn't even been tried in court yet. He might say an "alien double" did the scamming or have other testimony to share other than Champion's story in their filing. Can anything truly be labeled a 110% fact?

We know how deposits work with these cars and how dealers work them. That's all been shared first hand. We also know that Shiraaz did take these types of deposits for cars that indeed did get delivered.

All this broke on Rennlist to the credit of Rennlisters. All these findings and the Rennlist thread is what broke the news starting with the first story on THE DRIVE. That's impressive.

All Rennlist FINDINGS >>>>

LEGAL FILINGS:

911R fraud incident

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290833&

$2.5MM fraud

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290801&

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290803&

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290802&

Details:

Copans Motors = legit company dba as Champion Porsche / Motorsports

Champion Autosports: Shill company by Shiraaz

Rampage Motorsports: Shill company by Shiraaz

* Shill company Champion Autosports was started back in 2010. This fraud scheme seems to go back a LONG TIME.

ONCE AGAIN .... No, not just forum rumors and chatter. The FIRST media coverage of the story, and still the best coverage:

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23576/a...buyer-deposits

Name:  photo905.jpg
Views: 2285
Size:  829.0 KB

After all the coverage, Champion stepped up and has been working with those scammed and vowed to make good on all the deposits and try and get guys the cars they wanted. Good job there Champion. It has been reported they plan on having all claims settled by October 12th.

Champion stepping up and doing the right thing which will enable them to move forward and continue running a successful dealership. I wish them all the best

Last edited by STG; 10-05-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:22 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by sccchiii
So they why are you and posting, move along and don’t open it up.

Originally Posted by mwar99
And it also seems as if some of the statements made here have no support and are being touted as facts.
and how would you know? Do you have facts to disprove the alleged falsity of facts. Goes both ways. It is called the internet. Do your own research and beleive what parts you want or don’t want.

Originally Posted by STG
Not sure why some that have ZERO interest in the subject or story can't help themselves from clicking on the thread when they have 1,000's of others to choose from?? It should be some sort of case study. Maybe I'll do a blog story on it and interview some psychologists to analyze.

If anything, the immaturity of the few here who cause drama is an embarrassment to Rennlist. There are 1,000's of people who have been following this who never knew what Rennlist was before this story.

Can we for once have civil discussions here for those who have an interest in the story?
Exactly. You nailed it. I check in once and a while to see if the dude has been caught yet and that is it.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:27 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Do you have facts to disprove the alleged falsity of facts? Goes both ways. It is called the internet. Do your own research and believe what parts you want or don’t want.

^^ well said ..
Old 10-05-2018, 11:24 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Let's be honest and humble and just admit that we don't yet really know a lot about what actually happened. SS seems to have stolen money, but we don't really know how much he stole, from who, over what period of time, and whether anyone else was in on it. Regarding Champion, we don't know what they knew about what SS was doing, and how their internal checks and balances compared with other dealers. We do know that our Porsche GT car market is somewhat overheated, and that many are unhappy with the allocation process.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing