Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 06:25 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Ah, your post got deleted because you're trolling and offering NO value with any of your posts. You seriously must be in the top 3 most useless people on RL.
Take some advise from me and several others on here. Ignore function is awesome and he has been on it for years, zero value. Only wish IB had an update that when someone is on the ignore list you can't even see when they were quoted.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:21 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Take some advise from me and several others on here. Ignore function is awesome and he has been on it for years, zero value. Only wish IB had an update that when someone is on the ignore list you can't even see when they were quoted.

I get it and would agree to save the irritation, but if someone is going to quote me and comment on a post of mine I want to know about it. I'd rather address the stupidity directly than ignore it.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:23 PM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Make note:

Almost EVERY SINGLE person who toots the 'capitalism' (such a dumb excuse) horn and supports ADM...... paid MSRP. Funny, isn't it?

Anyone ever read the book, Animal Farm? I only bring it up because it's funny how these guys like to invoke 'capitalism', but they are exempt from it. Sound familiar?
Old 10-03-2018, 07:31 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
No question mark at all. Dealers pay tax on that income. And brokers don't get 1099s from dealers. If a broker is buying and selling allocations, they should be reporting the taxable income from those business operations. Speculating about dealers or brokers violating tax laws with no basis to do so is ridiculous. You could just as easily speculate that half the people on Rennlist are cheating on their taxes.
Brokers should get 1099's from dealerships if they are being paid by them, over $600, and the broker is not an exempt entity (i.e. a corporation, 501(c)(3) charity, etc.). The 1099 would be required to be filed by the IRS.

That said we don't know the financial situation of the dealership - if they were taking ADM's were they putting them into their revenue (they should) or adding them on the invoice/contract (they should). I stand by my original guess that the amounts that the crook took in the past were not reported to Champion and therefore wouldn't be reflected on their books anyway. And for all we know the crook was filing an income tax return reporting the payments he received as income. Who knows. That won't be public record unless it is admitted in the case. Would be interesting to see what was done.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:36 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Make note:

Almost EVERY SINGLE person who toots the 'capitalism' (such a dumb excuse) horn and supports ADM...... paid MSRP. Funny, isn't it?

Anyone ever read the book, Animal Farm? I only bring it up because it's funny how these guys like to invoke capitalism, but they are exempt from it. Sound familiar?

Of course, they think it helps their resale.

FSBO: MSRP+PPF+Sales Tax+ market ADM = "recoup my costs"

It's a game of you can't win.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:43 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Make note:

Anyone ever read the book, Animal Farm? I only bring it up because it's funny how these guys like to invoke 'capitalism', but they are exempt from it. Sound familiar?
What about the ones tooting that PAG should raise the prices on these cars since they leave $$ on the table since dealers are charging ADM. They seem to think that will cure the ADM issue and refuse to see that dealers will continue with ADMs since there always is a sucker born that will pay it. Regardless.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

When I inquired at Champion if I purchased a GT3RS at "market price" (ie with ADM) if the ADM would be included in the purchase price or as a separate non taxed deposit, I was told the total price including ADM would be subject to sales tax.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:45 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I get it and would agree to save the irritation, but if someone is going to quote me and comment on a post of mine I want to know about it. I'd rather address the stupidity directly than ignore it.
You are a meme/phrase guy so I am sure you have seen this one. I will never win against stupid people so I ignore them.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:15 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by goin2drt
You are a meme/phrase guy so I am sure you have seen this one. I will never win against stupid people so I ignore them.

Old 10-04-2018, 01:15 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Why bother keep posting in here then and clicking on the DAMN thread??

Intenet Brands and Rennlist obviously approve of this thread, who gives a rats *** what you think??

And yes, there is first hand evidence that full purchase price of cars with ADM are not being fully taxed at some dealers, and that Shiraaz did take deposits to his Autosports account for cars that were indeed delivered.

Ah, your post got deleted because you're trolling and offering NO value with any of your posts. You seriously must be in the top 3 most useless people on RL.

As with almost everything else you’ve posted on here, you’re wrong again. The post was deleted for using inappropriate language (I received a note from the mods).

Again, you have zero evidence of any dealer avoiding taxes on their ADMs. You keep posting blatant untruths as if they were fact and when called on it you just make more stupid statements and try to confuse the facts. Please, post evidence of a single Porsche dealer not paying tax on ADM income they received. Can you do that?
Old 10-04-2018, 01:18 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by mwar99
Brokers should get 1099's from dealerships if they are being paid by them, over $600, and the broker is not an exempt entity (i.e. a corporation, 501(c)(3) charity, etc.). The 1099 would be required to be filed by the IRS.
Except brokers don’t get paid by the dealer. They get paid by the buyer. And they have to consider that as revenue when calculating and declaring their taxable income. The original statement made by meme boy that brokers and dealers are evading taxes was baseless speculation.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:30 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Except brokers don’t get paid by the dealer. They get paid by the buyer. And they have to consider that as revenue when calculating and declaring their taxable income. The original statement made by meme boy that brokers and dealers are evading taxes was baseless speculation.
I don't disagree with your statement. If the broker is paid by the buyer than no 1099's will be issued and it's on them to declare the income. I'm sure some declare everything and some don't, just like any other profession where someone works independently.

Dealers most likely are not. Some might try, but I would expect your franchise license is at risk if you don't, so to me it wouldn't be worth it. In this case with SS the dealership didn't know (or at least that what it sounds like) that the money was coming in, and it wasn't going to them, so why would they declare anything?
Old 10-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

As with almost everything else you’ve posted on here, you’re wrong again. The post was deleted for using inappropriate language (I received a note from the mods).

Again, you have zero evidence of any dealer avoiding taxes on their ADMs. You keep posting blatant untruths as if they were fact and when called on it you just make more stupid statements and try to confuse the facts. Please, post evidence of a single Porsche dealer not paying tax on ADM income they received. Can you do that?
Did you even read this thread? This post is first hand testimony:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15285622

Old 10-04-2018, 01:13 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bartleby7334
Did you even read this thread? This post is first hand testimony:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...l#post15285622

DUH. One example of the many in addition to the first hand stories I've heard.

You think he even follows posts or retains any info? He just jumps around any new posts, rants off some nonsense and moves on to the next one.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:04 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
When I inquired at Champion if I purchased a GT3RS at "market price" (ie with ADM) if the ADM would be included in the purchase price or as a separate non taxed deposit, I was told the total price including ADM would be subject to sales tax.
Why would that not be the case?....the price of the car is what you paid, not the MSRP...

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing