Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 11:53 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I would take it a step further and say it's a result of how the system and market operate. Porsche metes out the allocations in little batches and doesn't say if/when more allocations are coming, dealers promote the idea of scarcity, ideas are floated around about some generation being the last NA or manual, forums like RL foster these ideas and rationalizations to pay ADM, and in the background you have a strong economy, high stock prices, interest rates are still pretty low, etc. One top of all of that, you generally have insufficient checks and balances to prevent someone like SS setting up a scam like this (not just at Champion, at dealers in general).

People will stop paying above MSRP when conditions change and they expect the cars to depreciate. I generally keep cars for years, and I expect my Porsche GT cars to eventually depreciate. If they wind up holding value, that's great, but I'll still drive them without inhibition.
Well of course you'll have ADMs when there are factors driving artificial scarcity (918 VIP program, dealers holding allocations, dealers spec'ing their own allocations, etc). When the tide rolls when (all the cars are delivered and the 918 VIP cars start hitting the resale market) that is when the true market prices occur for the cars.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:58 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
I'm more curious out those who paid him ADM on cars they actually received when the dealership was selling cars at MSRP like guy who posted yesterday.
+991 Yes, this is exactly what I'm very curious about. All you guys who got cars and paid an ADM for it from SS should find out if Champion only ended up recording the sale at MSRP (some good old forensic bean counting can quickly find out).

Old 10-03-2018, 12:05 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Not to mention all these dealerships who also take ADM's and have a second set of books for them. Don't get claimed as income and no sales tax paid. These are the kind of internal shenanigans that enable guys like Shiraaz.

Plus they pay out brokers from that too who I'm sure are reporting all that income. Quite the game here that nobody will talk about. Someone with the IRS could have a field day here.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:06 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
No coloring books needed. Be a little more cooperative here than always have smart *** comments.

I think many like the cars, but the favorably rating of PCNA, PAG, and their dealers is MUCH lower. Great cars, questionable business practices and ethics. Hard getting excited about the cars, when the buying and maintenance experience sucks though.
Exactly but He can’t. It’s all he knows what to do. Zero added value.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:08 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Not to mention all these dealerships who also take ADM's and have a second set of books for them. Don't get claimed as income and no sales tax paid. These are the kind of internal shenanigans that enable guys like Shiraaz.

Plus they pay out brokers from that too who I'm sure are reporting all that income. Quite the game here that nobody will talk about. Someone with the IRS could have a field day here.
1000% correct.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:11 AM
STG
Race Director

Name:  photo261.jpg
Views: 1924
Size:  1.20 MB
Old 10-03-2018, 12:15 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG

Maybe a little birdie should let the IRS and the State of Florida Sales Tax Board know that it should look at the books and records of Champion to make sure they accounted for everything on the up and up.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:41 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

What evidence do you have that they have a ‘second set of books’ for ADMs and what makes you think they aren’t paying taxes on the full amount received for the car? You do understand that taking a deposit is not a taxable event, right?
Old 10-03-2018, 01:10 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Archimedes
What evidence do you have that they have a ‘second set of books’ for ADMs and what makes you think they aren’t paying taxes on the full amount received for the car? You do understand that taking a deposit is not a taxable event, right?

ADM is a taxable "event" and part of a cars purchase price. A "deposit" which many times is an ADM should be reflected on the total purchase price and subject to sales tax.

I don't have to spell out the rest. Those in the know, understand what I'm talking about.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:21 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
ADM is a taxable "event" and part of a cars purchase price. A "deposit" which many times is an ADM should be reflected on the total purchase price and subject to sales tax.

I don't have to spell out the rest. Those in the know, understand what I'm talking about.
Yep, the sales tax and federal income tax on those pesky ADM amounts are the big question mark.

I wonder, do those car brokers get 1099'ed by the dealers and sellers?
Old 10-03-2018, 01:22 AM
joejenie
Three Wheelin'

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Agree. No proof. My dealer won't play games with the ADM (getting cash on the side). Don't ask me how I know.....
Old 10-03-2018, 03:06 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Delete

Dan (should sometimes just zip it)

Last edited by hfm; 10-03-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:16 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Ah, the mods deleted my post because I said a bad word. A deposit is not a taxable event. Purchase of the car, with ADM, is the taxable event, and dealers pay tax on the income earned on all of it. Making claims that dealers are committing tax fraud by not reporting ADM income with absolutely zero evidence is ridiculous. But then so is most of this thread. It's the stupid gift that keeps on giving.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yep, the sales tax and federal income tax on those pesky ADM amounts are the big question mark.

I wonder, do those car brokers get 1099'ed by the dealers and sellers?
No question mark at all. Dealers pay tax on that income. And brokers don't get 1099s from dealers. If a broker is buying and selling allocations, they should be reporting the taxable income from those business operations. Speculating about dealers or brokers violating tax laws with no basis to do so is ridiculous. You could just as easily speculate that half the people on Rennlist are cheating on their taxes.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:45 PM
STG
Race Director

Ah, the mods deleted my post because I said a bad word. A deposit is not a taxable event. Purchase of the car, with ADM, is the taxable event, and dealers pay tax on the income earned on all of it. Making claims that dealers are committing tax fraud by not reporting ADM income with absolutely zero evidence is ridiculous. But then so is most of this thread. It's the stupid gift that keeps on giving.

Why bother keep posting in here then and clicking on the DAMN thread??

Intenet Brands and Rennlist obviously approve of this thread, who gives a rats *** what you think??

And yes, there is first hand evidence that full purchase price of cars with ADM are not being fully taxed at some dealers, and that Shiraaz did take deposits to his Autosports account for cars that were indeed delivered.

Ah, your post got deleted because you're trolling and offering NO value with any of your posts. You seriously must be in the top 3 most useless people on RL.

Last edited by STG; 10-03-2018 at 06:05 PM.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing