Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 12:15 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes

Wair, wait, wait...you’re telling us that your ‘credible source’ turned out to not be credible after all, and your ridiculously irresponsible insinuation in this ****show of a thread that a tragic accidental death may have been a murder tied to this fraud was actually false and totally unsubstantiated?! I’m shocked.
Originally Posted by Norcalgt3

yea he’s dumb
And the thread keeps giving.

But I’m confused as to STG’s following post — his he referencing his personal anatomy?
Old 09-25-2018, 12:47 AM
RSRanger
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

STG if you apparently know so much about this issue please answer my questions.
First, I've known Shiraaz since 2007 and he never displayed any bad behavior but I am truly sad and shocked by this news. Apparently he lead a different life and had his demons. Obviously I never imagined this behavior of Shiraaz.
Now to my questions again since you seem to be the guy. Yes Shiraaz is gone but is his family still here or are they gone.?
Also what's happened to Naveen. He was a friend back when he ran Motorsport.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:47 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Rennlisters and other car buyers get ripped off.

Dealer won't take their calls.

Rennlister posts and starts thread here looking for answers.

Media coverage and attention to the issue gets dealer motivated to start talking with victims and start settling claims.

So what is the issue here?? Why some guys just can't deal with the thread and can't keep out if they have no interest in the subject is beyond me. Obviously they don't support victims being helped and made whole. Can't think of any other explanation.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:53 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by RSRanger
STG if you apparently know so much about this issue please answer my questions.
First, I've known Shiraaz since 2007 and he never displayed any bad behavior but I am truly sad and shocked by this news. Apparently he lead a different life and had his demons. Obviously I never imagined this behavior of Shiraaz.
Now to my questions again since you seem to be the guy. Yes Shiraaz is gone but is his family still here or are they gone.?
Also what's happened to Naveen. He was a friend back when he ran Motorsport.

I have NO CLUE about anyone's family or Naveen. Naveen seems to be a Maraj brother, so give the dealership a call and touch base with him? I have no info or interest in any of the above. Why would I?? Only thing I know is what I've read. Champion is the one that said Shiraaz wasn't anywhere to be found. He could be anywhere or in FL still. Does it really matter? It's Champions problem to try and track him down.

I just hope the victims get taken care of. I wish Champion strength to move past this and hope they face Shiraaz in court someday. I have no vested interest in the case. I'd bet Champion will continue being the #1 dealer for many years to come. They can turn this unfortunate ordeal around pretty easily if managed correctly.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:02 AM
STG
Race Director

Unless any victims have any updates, Champion offers more info, or any public information/media coverage is made available, I have nothing else to go off of at this time. I'm just an observer.
Old 09-25-2018, 01:20 AM
mike5876
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Naveen is with the Motorsports division
Old 09-25-2018, 01:28 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Following up on my post here and willing to clear things up. There is no evidence on Shiraaz being with Dave Maraj the night he passed away. The drowning investigation is indeed closed at the current time and has not been reopened.
But is there evidence that SS was NOT with Maraj that night? Or evidence that Maraj died accidentally that night, with no foul play involved?
Old 09-25-2018, 01:32 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Manifold
But is there evidence that SS was NOT with Maraj that night? Or evidence that Maraj died accidentally that night, with no foul play involved?

I haven't heard anything on the whereabouts of Shiraaz that night. Someone who's seen the report said his name is not in there. That's all we have to go on I guess.

From what I heard, no foul play is mentioned either. Accidental drowning and case is closed.

Condolences to the Maraj family and wish them strength in coping with their loss.

That's all I know and have nothing else to offer. Wanted to do the right thing and correct my previous rumored theory.

The topic at hand here on this thread is the fraud and victims of it. We haven't heard from any lately, so if they're happy I'm happy for them. All must be good. A lot was uncovered in this thread that helped the cause for the victims. Mission accomplished. Until anything new comes up or any media updates happen, I have nothing else ...... Thanks.

Last edited by STG; 09-25-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:04 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

"To err is human, to revise divine." We all make mistakes and to correct ourselves is simply the right thing to do.

The passion by many people to help out the defrauded victims is intense with the hope to bring the perpetrators of this devious and fraudulent act to justice so the victims can become whole again when they get their money back, or get the car they were intending to buy.

If SS is not guilty and truly remorseful, come out in the open and clear your name. Running away from the law and hiding shows signs of guilt. I hope SS is alive and well to face the facts.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by STG
I haven't heard anything on the whereabouts of Shiraaz that night. Someone who's seen the report said his name is not in there. That's all we have to go on I guess.

From what I heard, no foul play is mentioned either. Accidental drowning and case is closed.

Condolenc

es to the Maraj family and wish them strength in coping with their loss.

That's all I know and have nothing else to offer. Wanted to do the right thing and correct my previous rumored theory.

The topic at hand here on this thread is the fraud and victims of it. We haven't heard from any lately, so if they're happy I'm happy for them. All must be good. A lot was uncovered in this thread that helped the cause for the victims. Mission accomplished. Until anything new comes up or any media updates happen, I have nothing else ...... Thanks.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:22 AM
rodney2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG

Condolences to the Maraj family and wish them strength in coping with their loss.

That's all I know and have nothing else to offer.Wanted to do the right thing and correct my previous rumored theory.

A lot of people in the world never attempt to do the right thing. Therefore when some one else does it, they don't recognize what it is. A few of those people are on this board. Continue to do the right thing and pay them no mind.

Rodney2
Old 09-25-2018, 02:18 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,069 Likes on 1,164 Posts

Originally Posted by rodney2
A lot of people in the world never attempt to do the right thing. Therefore when some one else does it, they don't recognize what it is.
Rodney2
You can sure say that again!

Old 09-25-2018, 02:43 PM
STG
Race Director

Had it not been for curious Rennlisters who had hunches and did some serious digging, this story would never have broke into the mainstream. It's a story that deserves to be told and there are many thankful and appreciative people who are glad it did. There's obviously a huge interest in it. Rennlist even did an article on their homepage!

This thread alone has 130,000 views and the article on THE DRIVE is double that. Add up all the other write ups and you're well over 1,000,000. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you have nothing to offer click on another more interesting thread like "PTS key paint chip protection" .... (no, that's not made up )

It's called self control.

This story is far from over ....

Last edited by STG; 09-25-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:51 PM
bweSteve
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 658 Posts

correct. And subscribing here will maintain my ability to hear what you guys have to say. I may not have anything "to offer", but as a recent GT3 buyer, I'm certainly interested in how out of control this all is.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:53 PM
Gt3stig
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm

Thanks Bryan. Appreciate it.

Every time I wake up in the morning, I look in the mirror and discover I'm Asian. It's a funny thing when you're "Americanized" and, think of yourself as being as red, white and blue as the next guy when you obviously aren't the stereotypical looking American and, it's made obvious every day when you go to shave. Why is this important you may ask? I grew up with Asian parents so, I was brought up taught to respect your elders. I'm not talking the typical "southern gentlemen" respect your elders. This is more anyone older than you gets respect. You have to use honorific language when you communicate with your elder. You use two hands when you pour your elder a drink. You bow to your elder on your knees, head to the ground every new year. We're talking a different level of respect than what the typical American would relate.

Over the years, I've come across older people who deserve no respect, younger ones that earn it, smart folks who are jerks and others not so smart that are the kindest, nicest people. I came to realize that respect is something handed out on a case by case basis and, usually very sparingly. Well, if you think I'm a jerk because I don't extend respect to a dead man who owned a Porsche dealership, a guy I never knew and never will, then I'm a jerk as far as you're concerned. For me, I don't respect someone because they're older than me, because of the size of their wallet, their looks or what they drive. You or someone else may have had a great relationship with Dave and, hold him in high regard. That's fine. For me, he's not anyone I know and, when someone tells me I should respect the guy, I don't think I'm going to do that just because someone tells me I should.

You have no idea who I am. You think you do from reading that clip of a sentence. You've made your judgment. And, if your point was to try to make me look like an *** on a public forum, well then, that says a lot about you.

Dan (is sure he's only cute to his wife)

i like this post. Good job👍
Old 09-26-2018, 03:04 PM
darma1md
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm

Thanks Bryan. Appreciate it.

Every time I wake up in the morning, I look in the mirror and discover I'm Asian. It's a funny thing when you're "Americanized" and, think of yourself as being as red, white and blue as the next guy when you obviously aren't the stereotypical looking American and, it's made obvious every day when you go to shave. Why is this important you may ask? I grew up with Asian parents so, I was brought up taught to respect your elders. I'm not talking the typical "southern gentlemen" respect your elders. This is more anyone older than you gets respect. You have to use honorific language when you communicate with your elder. You use two hands when you pour your elder a drink. You bow to your elder on your knees, head to the ground every new year. We're talking a different level of respect than what the typical American would relate.

Over the years, I've come across older people who deserve no respect, younger ones that earn it, smart folks who are jerks and others not so smart that are the kindest, nicest people. I came to realize that respect is something handed out on a case by case basis and, usually very sparingly. Well, if you think I'm a jerk because I don't extend respect to a dead man who owned a Porsche dealership, a guy I never knew and never will, then I'm a jerk as far as you're concerned. For me, I don't respect someone because they're older than me, because of the size of their wallet, their looks or what they drive. You or someone else may have had a great relationship with Dave and, hold him in high regard. That's fine. For me, he's not anyone I know and, when someone tells me I should respect the guy, I don't think I'm going to do that just because someone tells me I should.

You have no idea who I am. You think you do from reading that clip of a sentence. You've made your judgment. And, if your point was to try to make me look like an *** on a public forum, well then, that says a lot about you.

Dan (is sure he's only cute to his wife)
Agreed....

I'm Asian, can definitely relate to that....

Steve

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing