Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 12:32 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO
There's isn't any organization in the world that is immune to the human frailties of its personnel, people just fail. There are built-in mechanisms to take care of those persons.

To use a broad bush to paint everyone in the Broward Sheriff's Office as a problem, they have over 5k employees and they are the 2nd largest sheriff's office in the country, is at best insular. Same for the employees of the Broward SAO.

I'm sure that people involved with Porsche ownership/management/sales/manufacture screw up too, that doesn't mean they all misbehave, but still we have our friend "SS" and all of "DieselGate". By the reasoning expressed in prior posts, everyone involved with Porsches are bad people as well due to the actions of a few.

Still, if you want to get your exercise jumping to conclusions, feel free, just be careful where you land.

BTW, still no mention of criminal complaint being made, law enforcement CANNOT proceed legally w/o one.
You a cop?

Dan (noticed your initials coincidentally match something )

Old 09-22-2018, 01:33 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Last edited by STG; 09-25-2018 at 01:22 AM.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:49 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by wpbsurfer
Ah. New to the forum and must have missed it as I was reading through. I am here in South Florida and can state with absolute confidence this is nowhere near a closed story. Everyone locally is keeping real tight lipped on it.
Hmmm.....can you elaborate?
Old 09-22-2018, 03:43 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm

You a cop?

Dan (noticed your initials coincidentally match something )

Life is full of coincidences, and as far as my personal background, I'm old retiree with time on my hands.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:54 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BSO
Life is full of coincidences, and as far as my personal background, I'm old retiree with time on my hands.
Ah, I aspire to be that.

Dan (has 20-25 to go)
Old 09-22-2018, 04:03 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Oh, you mean the ones that keep getting heckled by a few on here when this is the biggest media story to ever break on Rennlist??!
Yes, even those as well.

I’ll call a spade a spade. I still think the level of pitchfork / torch burning here is way, way too high. I get mad when I hear declarative statements about what must have been known, and what should have been done. Nobody knows. Maybe color me an optimist but I’m willing to believe SS acted largely alone until we have proof to the contrary. It is NOT as hard as some people make it out to be to pull something like this off.

Having said that, the research on this story has been done here. By members here. It deserves to be told and I’m glad it’s getting the press elsewhere. Champion deserves to have this story brought to light. It’s their employee, their liability, their responsibility to make it right, no matter if it’s a 100% lone horse or not. I hope every affected owner is put right.

Originally Posted by STG
Liability falls on Champion 100%. He was an employee of the company and was working and representing their organization when defrauding customers.

Champions liability is to the defrauded customers. Up to them to go after Shiraaz like they have. Customers have nothing to do with that.
Agree 100%. 110% actually. But unlike many on here, I believe that they will. But my point was actually that the individual who felt forced to take the car was done so by SS. Was it done with the knowledge of Champion management? We don’t know. I’d like to believe not but we don’t know yet and may never know. But I have no doubt believing it was SS solo.

Overall, I’m not willing to condemn the whole dealership until we have proof that this was known and allowed by those above him. And the Rampage lawsuit only proves that they were made aware of one bad dealing 7 months ago. I’ll reserve judgement until we have more proof than that

Old 09-22-2018, 09:24 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
Off topic, but a local guy (to me) in Towson, MD, who was a regular at Hunt Valley C&C and Supercars on State St. with a Bugatti Veyron and Pagani Huayra just got nabbed by the Feds for a $364 Million ponzi scheme.
Just Googled that. Crazy stuff, guy spent to the max.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:42 PM
SeymourButts
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
Off topic, but a local guy (to me) in Towson, MD, who was a regular at Hunt Valley C&C and Supercars on State St. with a Bugatti Veyron and Pagani Huayra just got nabbed by the Feds for a $364 Million ponzi scheme.
Compared to $364m, $2.5m is Dr. Evil money. You really can't disappear for long with that unless SS had other scams up his sleeves.

Old 09-22-2018, 11:10 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
Just Googled that. Crazy stuff, guy spent to the max.
LOL, more terrible fact checking. And from the Baltimore Sun, no less.

What, pray tell, is a Pagani Huyra Diablo?

And where can I get I get a $400k Pagani?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...918-story.html

Old 09-22-2018, 11:13 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Dan (has no personal stake and, offers no respect to a man he never met because none is owed)
I know you pride yourself on being cutesy in your signature, but this ^^^^ says a lot about you.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:45 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Knowing Shiraaz for 10 years, an apparent con man and thief, does not exactly ingratiate yourself to his victims. Do you want to tell us he was your friend, that you were his and, that he was a swell guy?

You have every right to defend Champion as you see fit. Others will too. But, you expect victims and other forum members to respect the family and to get a life when they voice their dissenting opinions about Champion? They don't have a right to complain that they were subjected to fraud at this dealership? That's quite the double standard you have there.

Dan (has no personal stake and, offers no respect to a man he never met because none is owed)
Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
I know you pride yourself on being cutesy in your signature, but this ^^^^ says a lot about you.
Not that Dan needs any help defending himself, but you might want to either put your quote in context or don’t be so ‘cutesy’ with your personal comment.
Old 09-23-2018, 12:42 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

An ironic article with some interesting clip art??? Some college girly website to boot ..

https://www.hercampus.com/school/val...ts-credit-card

Name:  photo768.jpg
Views: 3036
Size:  210.0 KB

Like how does that get in there? The smart ones here can comment and discuss .. . . ..
Old 09-23-2018, 02:46 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
An ironic article with some interesting clip art??? Some college girly website to boot ..

Attachment 1291898

Like how does that get in there? The smart ones here can comment and discuss .. . . ..
I would take a guess that someone in "SS" family (or a very close friend with benefits) may have attended that school and provided that credit card for the photo op, maybe even knew the author of the article or the photographer.

The name is not common, I doubt that the photo came from stock photography sources. Still, it's just conjecture.

That AMEX Plum card has no spending limits and adjusts to the user's habit, can carry charges for 60 days without interest if you make an early partial payment.

"Curiouser and curiouser..." Alice In Wonderland, Lewis Carroll.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:52 AM
Jim137a
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Attachment 1291898

I did a quick reverse image search and it looks like that image was used on 12 different websites - some of the sites are no longer up.

It looks like someone would have to look at a lot of photos on these websites to find any pertinent info.

Follow these links if you care and someone smarter than me maybe able to get more info.

https://www.tineye.com/search/3f0305...ea4be616a1b48/

https://www.goody25.com/mind2746497

Old 09-23-2018, 04:00 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Not that Dan needs any help defending himself, but you might want to either put your quote in context or don’t be so ‘cutesy’ with your personal comment.
Thanks Bryan. Appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Every time I wake up in the morning, I look in the mirror and discover I'm Asian. It's a funny thing when you're "Americanized" and, think of yourself as being as red, white and blue as the next guy when you obviously aren't the stereotypical looking American and, it's made obvious every day when you go to shave. Why is this important you may ask? I grew up with Asian parents so, I was brought up taught to respect your elders. I'm not talking the typical "southern gentlemen" respect your elders. This is more anyone older than you gets respect. You have to use honorific language when you communicate with your elder. You use two hands when you pour your elder a drink. You bow to your elder on your knees, head to the ground every new year. We're talking a different level of respect than what the typical American would relate.

Over the years, I've come across older people who deserve no respect, younger ones that earn it, smart folks who are jerks and others not so smart that are the kindest, nicest people. I came to realize that respect is something handed out on a case by case basis and, usually very sparingly. Well, if you think I'm a jerk because I don't extend respect to a dead man who owned a Porsche dealership, a guy I never knew and never will, then I'm a jerk as far as you're concerned. For me, I don't respect someone because they're older than me, because of the size of their wallet, their looks or what they drive. You or someone else may have had a great relationship with Dave and, hold him in high regard. That's fine. For me, he's not anyone I know and, when someone tells me I should respect the guy, I don't think I'm going to do that just because someone tells me I should.

You have no idea who I am. You think you do from reading that clip of a sentence. You've made your judgment. And, if your point was to try to make me look like an *** on a public forum, well then, that says a lot about you.

Dan (is sure he's only cute to his wife)

Last edited by hfm; 09-23-2018 at 04:37 AM.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing