GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Old 09-21-2018, 07:19 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by wpbsurfer
I am surprised that no one has made mention of this:
https://speedsport.com/road-racing/i...ve-maraj-dies/

It has been mentioned on here quite a few times.

Some news agency needs to do a thorough story on that (which still has few details) and the Champion fraud. The timing of the two are too coincidental.

An investigative group with more time and resources is needed. This story is very interesting.

Anyone with media ties or leads, pass it along. I know a good story when I see one.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:22 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I am surprised that no one has made mention of this:

there have been many references to that in this thread.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:25 PM
wpbsurfer
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was just a couple of months ago when Champion Porsche's owner died rather curiously:

Article from local newspaper on Champion Porsche owners recent death.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:41 PM
wpbsurfer
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah. New to the forum and must have missed it as I was reading through. I am here in South Florida and can state with absolute confidence this is nowhere near a closed story. Everyone locally is keeping real tight lipped on it.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:23 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 552 Likes on 334 Posts

Everyone keeps wondering where "SS" is and who's looking for him.

I have yet to read if anyone has actually made a police report/criminal complaint, doesn't mean that it hasn't happened, but a case supporting probable cause that a crime has occurred needs to be assembled.

The case, when filed with and accepted by the state attorneys office, leads to the issuance of a capias by the clerk of the court, from instructions by the courts. The case officers could present probable cause affidavits to a judge and obtain a warrant themselves.

When you have those legal instruments, they are entered in the state and federal databases for access by US law enforcement agencies. Then "SS" can be arrested if found on US soil. Federal warrant can also be obtained if he flees across state lines to avoid prosecution.

"SS" will not have law enforcement looking for him until the above happens, personal wishes notwithstanding.

A nice "Crimestoppers" campaign would help as well as a reward leading to his arrest once he becomes "wanted".

Last edited by BSO; 09-22-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:26 PM
STG
Race Director

^^^ Thanks.

I would hope someone has filed with FL State Attorney General. More of you that file the better. This NEEDS to get on their radar. File regardless if you think you'll get your deposit or not. Shiraaz paying the price for this is just as important.

I would have little faith in the Broward County P.D.

http://www.myfloridalegal.com/contact

Online complaint

http://myfloridalegal.com/contact.ns...torney_General
Old 09-21-2018, 08:28 PM
STG
Race Director

Ah. New to the forum and must have missed it as I was reading through. I am here in South Florida and can state with absolute confidence this is nowhere near a closed story. Everyone locally is keeping real tight lipped on it.

What's to be tight lipped about? Supposedly the case has been closed by the local PD.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:36 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

FYI, it would the Broward Sheriff's Office that would take the complaint, the Broward State Attorney, Michael Satz, his office would prosecute the case.

Mr. Satz has been in office for a very long time, I personally know the quality of his prosecutors and if "SS" can be found and brought to trial in Broward County, he had better hire himself a good criminal defense attorney (I know of some there as well).

Unfortunately, "SS" may use some of his ill-gotten gains to defend himself unless law enforcement can track and seize his assets.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:50 AM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like Champion is following a attorney's advice which may or may not limit their liability as it pertains to damages but they should be considering the impact this has on their reputation. It takes many years to build a reputation and one bad decision on how to handle a mistake by failing to make things right. Porsche owners are not like most owners, they care deeply about the reputation of their dealer and Champion will cost themselves far more than 2.5 million through loss of reputation. Their employee ripped people off acting in his official capacity and they didn't pick up on it and act. Don't understand how they think this isn't their problem. I suspect one real concern is that they need to provide the actual cars that were "ordered" or provide some form of compensation. I doubt Porsche will kick in additional allocations to help them out.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:52 AM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

didnt a female Broward Co. states atty just get arrested for shoplifting?
Old 09-22-2018, 01:57 AM
Pruettfan
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW, it is safe to assume payments were made through bank wire so wire fraud is likely one of the many crimes so the FBI will likely take a case like this. They will find him.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:53 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO
FYI, it would the Broward Sheriff's Office that would take the complaint, the Broward State Attorney, Michael Satz, his office would prosecute the case.

Mr. Satz has been in office for a very long time, I personally know the quality of his prosecutors and if "SS" can be found and brought to trial in Broward County, he had better hire himself a good criminal defense attorney (I know of some there as well).

Unfortunately, "SS" may use some of his ill-gotten gains to defend himself unless law enforcement can track and seize his assets.
Originally Posted by dark knight
didnt a female Broward Co. states atty just get arrested for shoplifting?
LOL.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:35 AM
STG
Race Director

Broward County Sheriff's Dept is too busy catching the real thiefs. Not to mention, have their hands full with the Parkland Shooting. You wonder why they can't investigate a "drowning" or catch a real thief.

Name:  photo956.jpg
Views: 2744
Size:  926.9 KB
Old 09-22-2018, 12:19 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

There's isn't any organization in the world that is immune to the human frailties of its personnel, people just fail. There are built-in mechanisms to take care of those persons.

To use a broad bush to paint everyone in the Broward Sheriff's Office as a problem, they have over 5k employees and they are the 2nd largest sheriff's office in the country, is at best insular. Same for the employees of the Broward SAO.

I'm sure that people involved with Porsche ownership/management/sales/manufacture screw up too, that doesn't mean they all misbehave, but still we have our friend "SS" and all of "DieselGate". By the reasoning expressed in prior posts, everyone involved with Porsches are bad people as well due to the actions of a few.

Still, if you want to get your exercise jumping to conclusions, feel free, just be careful where you land.

BTW, still no mention of criminal complaint being made, law enforcement CANNOT proceed legally w/o one.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:28 PM
STG
Race Director

You make some very valid points and I agree to a large part. Didn't mean to brush off the whole dept as incompetent. I am a supporter of law enforcement agencies and the hard work they have day to day. They have 2 cases as I stated earlier, let's see what they come up with. They can be critiqued on those two separately.

I thought the dealership filed a criminal complaint? Don't you think that would be a given?? Any victims?? I mean geez, even Champion suggested victims contact the police dept as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing