Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 01:36 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO
This isn't television/movies, the FBI, Secret Service or even FDLE don't get automatically get involved in local cases unless requested, even then it's not guaranteed. They have their own case load.
18 U.S.C. § 1343 provides:

"Whoever, having devised or intending to devise any scheme or artifice to defraud, or for obtaining money or property by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations, or promises, transmits or causes to be transmitted by means of wire, radio, or television communication in interstate or foreign commerce, any writings, signs, signals, pictures, or sounds for the purpose of executing such scheme or artifice, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both. If the violation affects a financial institution, such person shall be fined not more than $1,000,000 or imprisoned not more than 30 years, or both."[3]
Old 09-21-2018, 01:40 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by Archimedes
GTFO here with that reasoned approach and good judgement. Don't you know there are torches to carry, axes to grind and Rennlist heroes to be made?!
Don't forget movie rights.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:45 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by destaccado
IMHO there's too much crying in this thread.

If you want to read more boring debates on which color brakes reduce glare in your passenger's eyes better then there's 1000x other threads here to do that.

No one here is doing anything illegal. No one here is doing anything immoral. If you're not interested in this topic just move on.
How about a thread where an OP was concerned about finding a low-mileage GT4 for sale where the brake calipers matched the deviated stitching???
Oh wait.... we already did that last month.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:44 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I think everyone who reads through this entire thread deserves an allocation at MSRP.
lol more like at dealer invoice.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:55 AM
lp997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Champion theft

I had a bad experience at Champion Porsche with them messing up my car and doing thousands of dollars of damage. I also got to be personally cursed out by Mr Nice Guy. And now I am glad because it stopped me from going there when I bought my next cars.

I feel for the victims of this event. No one deserves this because we are perceived to be wealthy. Most of us just worked very hard and want a few nice things to enjoy.

I would not let this event stop me from getting another GT car. I do think that if everyone refused to pony up the premiums that we as a buying group could end it. But if even one person or luxury broker does it then we lose.
Old 09-21-2018, 07:09 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
I think everyone who reads through this entire thread deserves an allocation at MSRP.
Hear hear!
Old 09-21-2018, 08:18 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,799 Likes on 2,197 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
IMHO there's too much crying in this thread.

The thread is over 100 pages long and by far the most popular thread in this section of the forum. People are clearly interested in it. People are clearly interested in reading facts and yes - speculation.

STG deserves a gold star below his name for bringing it to our attention and for all the investigative work he's done for free on his own time. If I was a victim here - I'd definitely appreciate his posts a lot more than yours.

If you want to read more boring debates on which color brakes reduce glare in your passenger's eyes better then there's 1000x other threads here to do that.

No one here is doing anything illegal. No one here is doing anything immoral. If you're not interested in this topic just move on.
I agree that the thread is interesting and important. I also agree that if people aren’t interested in the thread, just don’t read it. Where I take issue is overconfidently speculating in a way that can harm a party without sufficient evidence. That’s not so different from fake news.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:01 AM
Toad Hall
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

let me see if I understand - is one of the allegations in this thread that the dealer was charging over MSRP for limited allocation cars? yes, it's common practice for dealerships to sell "preowned" cars for big premiums for a car sitting on the floor that has a been transferred once already. I see it at every Ferrari & Porsche dealership. In fact it's a game the dealers play with their insiders, the car is purchased and returned to the dealership at a later date to be resold at a premium. It's common & accepted practice. We call it "the bank of Ferrari" they invented it - a guy gets an allocation & green light to order a car, it gets built, paid for and delivered with an unwritten agreement that the miles driven are to be limited & the dealer can call the car back to be resold at a premium, the dealer gets the lions share the customer gets all the money back plus a small premium and likely is in line for the next one, common practice and perfectly legit.
Ever wonder why you commonly see a GT3RS on Penske's, The Collection's, Braman's or Champion's floor way over sticker?

I have never been offered a car by a dealer to be ordered where i would agree to purchase the car for more than MSRP. Sure, I have been told "no we have no allocation" but never "we will order the car from the factory if you agree to pay a premium over sticker". Can some one confirm this has the case with Champion or any other OEM dealer? Is that what the posters are accusing Shiraaz of doing in addition to taking deposits with the intent of fraud? the two acts are very different and I am just trying to clarify the accusations.

Last edited by Toad Hall; 09-21-2018 at 09:06 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 09-21-2018, 09:14 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Toad Hall
let me see if I understand - is one of the allegations in this thread that the dealer was charging over MSRP for limited allocation cars? yes, it's common practice for dealerships to sell "preowned" cars for big premiums for a car sitting on the floor that has a been transferred once already. I see it at every Ferrari & Porsche dealership. In fact it's a game the dealers play with their insiders, the car is purchased and returned to the dealership at a later date to be resold at a premium. It's common & accepted practice. We call it "the bank of Ferrari" they invented it - a guy gets an allocation & green light to order a car, it gets built, paid for and delivered with an unwritten agreement that the miles driven are to be limited & the dealer can call the car back to be resold at a premium, the dealer gets the lions share the customer gets all the money back plus a small premium and likely is in line for the next one, common practice and perfectly legit.
Ever wonder why you commonly see a GT3RS on Penske's, The Collection's, Braman's or Champion's floor way over sticker?

I have never been offered a car by a dealer to be ordered where i would agree to purchase the car for more than MSRP. Sure, I have been told "no we have no allocation" but never "we will order the car from the factory if you agree to pay a premium over sticker". Can some one confirm this has the case with Champion or any other OEM dealer? Is that what the posters are accusing Shiraaz of doing in addition to taking deposits with the intent of fraud? the two acts are very different and I am just trying to clarify the accusations.

Toad, if you'd take time to actually read the thread you'd have the answers to all your questions. So you sign up to RL and start cheerleading for Champion, without even thoroughly becoming educated on the story??
Old 09-21-2018, 09:18 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Manifold
I agree that the thread is interesting and important. I also agree that if people aren’t interested in the thread, just don’t read it. Where I take issue is overconfidently speculating in a way that can harm a party without sufficient evidence. That’s not so different from fake news.

With any case like this, there are the facts and when trying to piece together a story line and agenda, some speculation (and noted as such) and connecting the dots happens.

Had nobody looked into this and started doing digging into it, and if we went by what Champion offered, we'd only have their attorneys phone number at this point. Not fair to anyone.

Thanks for everyone's collective efforts here. I'm a very small piece of it.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:19 AM
Toad Hall
Track Day

Yawn, anyone have an answer to the question besides the self proclaimed keyboard vigilante boss? this thread is many pages of crazy town interspersed with facts. Yup i am late to enter this discussion.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:21 AM
STG
Race Director

Yawn, anyone have an answer to the question besides the self proclaimed keyboard vigilante boss? this thread is many pages of crazy town interspersed with facts. Yup i am late to enter this discussion.

Yes, Champion was charging OVER MSRP ADM's (additional dealer mark ups) on the GT cars.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:22 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Toad, take a moment to read this: https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...litigation.pdf

It's ok if you're not familiar with the system but there is a lot of information on the forum, especially on this thread. Ferrari model is different, but it's been slowly shaping into that.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:25 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM

That's a good start!
Old 09-21-2018, 09:41 AM
Toad Hall
Track Day

thank you for you courteous reply and the court docs. I had not followed that part of the saga, nor did I know any of the details. Looking it over and noting the dates it would appear this should have been brought to a head by the dealer long ago and I have a much better understanding of what has transpired to date.

you cant make this stuff up.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing