Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2018, 01:40 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
The things you're talking about have nothing to do with the current case.

This isn't personal, it's business .... take your emotional stake out of this.
STG
I haven't read hundreds of posts here , just curious did SS scam you , are you one of the victims in his criminal enterprise ?
my bet is if so you will be getting your deposit back . bummer to not get the car you had dollars down for if the case .

Old 09-20-2018, 02:04 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

The scary part is that STG has no horse in this race. Just a wacky fixation.
Old 09-20-2018, 03:21 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by RDM2418
@Porsche should set up a site where you can login and check the status of your car. Sort of like the configurator - with icons to show order received, building car, shipping. You get a password, login to site maintained by Porsche HQ and confirm build, etc. Scam would not have worked if way to confirm build/order with second layer. Dealers would like because customers would not have to bug sales people for order status.
That is an excellent idea!
Old 09-20-2018, 07:38 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
STG
bummer to not get the car you had dollars down for if the case .
Yeah real "bummer" especially if other dealers offered the same exact car to you, but you couldn't buy it from them because you have a contract with Champion.
I wonder what the real downside is for Champion in all of this?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:54 AM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
Yeah real "bummer" especially if other dealers offered the same exact car to you, but you couldn't buy it from them because you have a contract with Champion.
I wonder what the real downside is for Champion in all of this?
I was wondering about this. Can Champion be sued for lost opportunity? If one of these depositors does't end up with the GT car they thought they were getting and thus cannot get one is there a lost monetary value associated with the lost opportunity and potential future value of the car?
Old 09-20-2018, 09:27 AM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The scary part is that STG has no horse in this race. Just a wacky fixation.
There's no requirement to be a victim in order to be an advocate.

I hope STG (and others) keeps up the pressure.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:47 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude

I hope STG (and others) keeps up the pressure.

The useless comments by those who can't control themselves and can't avoid checking in here (when they could care less about the issue) only motivates me more.

Fact is Shiraaz disappeared and emailed them end of August. No victims were ever contacted. Once they started calling, Champion wouldn't have any discussions with them and pushed them off to their attorneys.

Only since the media coverage started last week have they released their memo and started discussions with victims trying to come to mutual arrangements. Says something ....

Can you imagine the media $$ value on all this coverage and exposure?

A handful of them ..

Name:  photo279.jpg
Views: 1282
Size:  684.6 KBName:  photo830.jpg
Views: 1251
Size:  656.7 KBName:  photo664.jpg
Views: 1290
Size:  657.6 KBName:  photo523.jpg
Views: 1274
Size:  365.5 KB

The first and best coverage:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...s%3fsource=dam

Name:  photo890.jpg
Views: 1288
Size:  858.8 KB
Old 09-20-2018, 09:51 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
There's no requirement to be a victim in order to be an advocate.

Seems like the Rennlist hecklers have their own set of rules. Shows you who they really are. Enough with them, they waste everyone's time.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:56 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

If I were in charge at Porsche... I'd build enough 2019 GT3s to allocate those affected, and require Champion to sell them at MSRP as penalty for lax controls and oversight.

And if I were in charge at Champion... I'd then donate difference between cost and MSRP to each customer's favorite charity.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:31 AM
993pbug
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
If I were in charge at Porsche... I'd build enough 2019 GT3s to allocate those affected, and require Champion to sell them at MSRP as penalty for lax controls and oversight.

And if I were in charge at Champion... I'd then donate difference between cost and MSRP to each customer's favorite charity.
I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. It is the very least that can be done but only after all deposits taken are fully refunded + any associated fees expended during the course of recovery efforts on the depositors behalf.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:51 AM
Evilfrog
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=993KHTO;15303642][QUOTE=R.Deacon;15303598]
Originally Posted by Porsche71
"spot checking" emails of employees?
No. Active spying on employees is not something that successful company's do. There should be controls in place to where you can audit someones email for forensics. Depending on their policy, they'll be required to be able to recreate a mailbox up to 90 - 180. They may have the ability to go older technically. But since this isn't a publicly traded company, they aren't required to be SOX compliant. They do take Credit Cards, so they'll at least be PCI compliant. It's been about 8 years since I've dealt with that. Most of that is around network security and access to customer payment data. But I don't recall if there were mailbox controls.

I'd be surprised if they were't restoring several versions of his mailbox to look for customer emails.

Any company that does spot checks into people emails' is pretty damn sleazy. And it doesn't really catch much anyway. Since people tend to delete those things.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:27 AM
STG
Race Director

Name:  photo790.jpg
Views: 1507
Size:  419.4 KB

http://www.losangelesfinancialtimes....existent-cars/
Old 09-20-2018, 11:43 AM
Toad Hall
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DainLankfordLA
I'm glad you're not in charge.

Porsche doesn't owe anything and Champion seems to be handling refund of deposits (according to those who actually have been impacted).

I love pitch fork mentality of many in the world. Scary.
well put Dain - for those keyboard vigilantes that have taken an instant dislike to my opinions, so be it, i felt compelled to share my opinions based on real life experience. I have context knowing all the parties. Hopefully those of you in other regions will find it helpful.

I have ordered a few high end cars with waiting lists:

in 2001 I put a deposit on a CL55 and was told 18 months, 9/11 came and so did my car 4 weeks after i ordered it - sad but true
in 2010 I ordered a 997.2 GT3 from Champion, paid the deposit & six months later the car was delivered
in 2012 I ordered the next gen GT3, when the began delivering cars there was an issue, they were catching fire
Champion at my request applied my deposit to a GT3RS and i waited two more years, only to be told I wasnt going to get my car & my deposit was returned. I was angry and felt slighted - so what?

we are all big ballers - in our own minds. Keep in mind there always bigger ballers with stronger dealership relationships. When Porsche intentionally builds an new desirable model, knowing the hype and orders will exceed production this is how the game gets played. It's not new, been played for years. Ferrari is the master, as is Rolex & Audemars Piguet.

I kept my R8v10 and life goes on.

I recommend you read a short story - The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - since you probably wont it goes like this:
Walter Mitty uses his powers to make all the wheels in world square, thus all transportation stopped.
in the end Walter Mitty wakes up and realizes it was just a dream.

Last edited by Toad Hall; 09-20-2018 at 11:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-20-2018, 11:57 AM
993pbug
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Evilfrog

Any company that does spot checks into people emails' is pretty damn sleazy.

Very true! However, should a company have any significant reason to believe (such as a prior lawsuit) that illicit activities are being conducted through their servers / email, they have every right at that point to monitor & spot check only the suspected employees electronic transmittals.

EDIT: All, this quote was incorrectly attributed to @R.Deacon - my true apologies to him for the mistake.

Last edited by 993pbug; 09-20-2018 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong member in the response
Old 09-20-2018, 12:18 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe

So reward a dealer that knowingly had a slime ball on the payroll but was bringing in big numbers of clients and whales all knowing he was a piece of crap because of a prior incident and still kept him because of GREED and wanting to keep their "top dealer" rating. You can say whatever you want but Champion deserves all they are going to get, that was the price they paid for taking the risk. Porsche shouldn't give them ANY GT allocations because they have obviously demonstrated they can't handle the frenzy. I hope STG keeps up the pressure, I hope Champion gets punished and I hope Porsche doesn't give them one allocation. I also hope the affected get their money back and never have to deal with Champion again. I am sorry $2.5M doesn't get moved around without PLENTY of people knowing what is going on.

If you want Porsche to help then better solution is find out all who are affected and if you want to build them a GT car then send the allocation to a DIFFERENT dealer and allow the good dealer to gain a customer for life.

I also hope they do find SS and make him face his day of reckoning. I hope this more so because in a court of law you are going to see and get exposure to ALL the other people involved and purely IMO that will be quite the list to include some well known brokers I bet. It will also give Porsche insight, not that they don't know, to the shenanigans going on with these GT cars.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing