GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 11:58 PM
Toad Hall
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=R.Deacon;15303598]
Originally Posted by Porsche71
I have bought, sold and traded in many cars at Champion Porsche, and I can tell you this company has always been first class all the way. I knew Dave and he is a legend in this business. We can not drag this company because of SS. SS fooled them and lied and conned his way into their lives, and defrauded people. Champion is cleaning up the mess. I have met the Maraj family, the sons and daughter, and these are very good people. These people are fixing the problem, offering 2019 allocation slots and giving back money. They learned a valuable lesson people. Going on and on about it, in an attempt to drag Champion’s name through the mud, is pointless. No matter what, Champion will remain a champion. SS will go to prison and everyone will either get another allocation and their money back. The victims have pretty happy with their results. This thread is becoming redundant. Cmon people, let up.
[/QU
Thank You , as I a Champion MSRP GT Customer , I concur and with my personal experience the Sr. managements integrity as well. The trashing here , demonstrated by a few, only shows those the lack comprehension of what is involved in building and continually improving to be the #1 volume Porsche store in this country ! It certainly wasn't achieved by ripping off it's customers along the way to get there. SS belongs in jail very soon he won't need to be concerned about making his mortgage payment .
my pleasure, and you are welcome. I felt compelled to post after reading the drivel posted in this thread by trolls from all over the country that have no clue about any of the players. I have known the Maraj family for a long time & consider them to be friends, I met Mitra as a teenager and he is a friend whom has been here in my home, his father was a very special guy who contributed much to the Porsche community. Champion has issues a statement which I believe.
I have been driving the brand for 49 years & currently race two vintage 911s One is the original Toad Hall Racing car campaigned by Bruce Jennings & Michael Keyser & t I leave for Rennsport Saturday with both cars.

The trolls here may not like me but I do not speak about things I know nothing about. As for Shiraaz, he betrayed the family that gave him a chance in life, every dog has his day.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:58 PM
sqweak
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by DainLankfordLA
How do you know? Are you one?
Based on writing style, tone, hashtag usage and avatar I’m fairly certain that 993KHTO == @gt3buyer on Twitter/@1_hour_of_heaven on Instagram, one of the early victims to start making noise publicly about this scam
Old 09-20-2018, 12:01 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Toad Hall
I have bought lots of cars from them over the years, spent 500k there in round numbers. I know the Maraj family and count them as friends. I have known Shiraaz for 10 years and bought lots of upgrades from him when he was on the motorsports side. I am as surprised and shocked as anyone to hear what has happened. I will say this family business has been rocked by the death of Dave Maraj. I would encourage all of you to think carefully before you troll them on t the internet. I know they will make all those who got scammed whole. Likely they are insured against employee theft.
unless you have a personal stake please show some respect. If you have nothing better to do than speculate - get a life. Having said that i am off to Rennsport to go racing.

I hope you will all consider this and show some respect to a grieving family who has contributed so much to the Porsche community

thank you
Thanks for speaking up and have fun at Rennsport , I have only know the Champion brass six years , and had the privilege to know Dave who took a personal interest in my lowly GT3 back in 14. Champion and family will over come this SS low life's theft and I am sure painful path out of the woods to a clear horizon , as it bothers me being just a grateful customer to the brand . I encourage all parties to work together to the solution to this mess ; and unfortunately
Champion although may want to deliver promised dreams will only be able to deliver what can physically be produced by PAG , and otherwise put back what came out of the pocket of those scammed .

Last edited by R.Deacon; 09-20-2018 at 12:47 AM.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:02 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=R.Deacon;15303598][QUOTE=Porsche71;15301395]
only shows those the lack comprehension of what is involved in building and continually improving to be the #1 volume Porsche store in this country/QUOTE]
So it doesn't include supervision or even "spot checking" emails of employees? The "#1 volume" anything in this country has those controls don't they?
If they don't--just say so...
Old 09-20-2018, 12:06 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

my pleasure, and you are welcome. I felt compelled to post after reading the drivel posted in this thread by trolls from all over the country that have no clue about any of the players. I have known the Maraj family for a long time & consider them to be friends, I met Mitra as a teenager and he is a friend whom has been here in my home, his father was a very special guy who contributed much to the Porsche community. Champion has issues a statement which I believe.
I have been driving the brand for 49 years & currently race two vintage 911s One is the original Toad Hall Racing car campaigned by Bruce Jennings & Michael Keyser & t I leave for Rennsport Saturday with both cars.

The trolls here may not like me but I do not speak about things I know nothing about. As for Shiraaz, he betrayed the family that gave him a chance in life, every dog has his day.

The things you're talking about have nothing to do with the current case.

How long you've been driving the brand, Dave Maraj, and Mitra visiting your home has nothing to do with the facts here.

Shiraaz was employed by a business entity (Champion Porsche), and businesses have legal consequences for any broken laws made by those they employ.

This isn't personal, it's business .... take your emotional stake out of this.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:12 AM
Toad Hall
Track Day

yawn, got you on ignore. go name some one else's pony.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:18 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,747 Likes on 2,172 Posts

At least we can say that Toad Hall is a real thing (I know Michael Keyser): http://www.toadhallracing.com/

At this point, the evidence is strong that SS is a criminal. The evidence is also strong that the Porsche allocation system entices people in the dealer network to engage in egregious behavior in the interest of making money. I don't think the current evidence is strong that others at the dealership were in on this, nor that the dealership knew what was going on. The 911R case raises concerns, but it may have been explained away by SS in a convincing way. That doesn't take the dealership off the hook for paying back the money, but their reputation shouldn't be trashed until there's real evidence that they acted with gross negligence or malintent.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:19 AM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Shiraaz was employed by a business entity (Champion Porsche), and businesses have legal consequences for any broken laws made by those they employ.
Well said. And that is part of the facts at hand.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:25 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

perhaps you havent read this:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

As the Porsche community has learned, Champion Porsche together with approximately 20 valued customers have been defrauded by a former employee who utilized a fictitious entity to divert money customers believed to have been deposits for limited GT special order vehicles. The issue was discovered on September 4th and we have been diligently investigating and dealing with the matter since. We had no records of the fraudulent deals and have been assembling documentation with the assistance of cooperative customers. A civil lawsuit has been filed against the former employee, together with others who appear to have been involved in the fraud. Law enforcement has been contacted and we are fully cooperating with their investigation.

We understand, and share in the outrage that this issue has caused. We are working diligently to investigate and confirm which customers were impacted and fully intend to stand by our customers to assist them. It is our intention to insure that each customer impacted by this matter receives the amount delivered to the fictitious entity under a fraudulent order.

We have enjoyed a stellar reputation for decades. That reputation was earned through our commitment to customer satisfaction. While no one is immune from being the victim of fraud, we will successfully manage this issue by putting customers first and assuring that each customer receives the proceeds that were delivered to the fictitious entity under a fraudulent order.

and if you have - why continue to stir the pot? get a life
Thanks for posting as I hadn't read this , and couldn't bear to read the pages of garbage here .
My last time I was in Pompano was walking in the door behind fellow gangster Derek Bell And Jim Hahn to Dave's last gathering of which I was honored to have attended .
It's a shame SS prayed like a crack dealer with his criminal activity on GT customers , and tarnished Champion name but its not grave . The guys have some polishing to do a when Champion shines as it will they will be bonded further to its destiny !!
Old 09-20-2018, 12:37 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

[QUOTE=993KHTO;15303642][QUOTE=R.Deacon;15303598]
Originally Posted by Porsche71
only shows those the lack comprehension of what is involved in building and continually improving to be the #1 volume Porsche store in this country/QUOTE]
So it doesn't include supervision or even "spot checking" emails of employees? The "#1 volume" anything in this country has those controls don't they?
If they don't--just say so...
geez guess not guess they got some hard lessons to learn , maybe you should help them out . My mom always told me its not a perfect world and life's not
fair and that still annoys me .
Old 09-20-2018, 12:40 AM
RDM2418
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 27 Posts

@Porsche should set up a site where you can login and check the status of your car. Sort of like the configurator - with icons to show order received, building car, shipping. You get a password, login to site maintained by Porsche HQ and confirm build, etc. Scam would not have worked if way to confirm build/order with second layer. Dealers would like because customers would not have to bug sales people for order status.

It's hard to stop a motivated crook from from stealing, but if you set up an external control, it will make him/her work harder. I don't know all the facts, but this could have happened to any dealer - create fake documents, bank account close. What more should Champion have done? What about the bank he used, shouldn't they have asked questions about deposits - what were they for?
Old 09-20-2018, 12:47 AM
Toad Hall
Track Day

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Thanks for posting as I hadn't read this , and couldn't bear to read the pages of garbage here .
My last time I was in Pompano was walking in the door behind fellow gangster Derek Bell And Jim Hahn to Dave's last gathering of which I was honored to have attended .
It's a shame SS prayed like a crack dealer with his criminal activity on GT customers , and tarnished Champion name but its not grave . The guys have some polishing to do a when Champion shines as it will they will be bonded further to its destiny !!
know Derek well & will see him next week in Monterey along with Mas, Keyser & Barth. Jimmy Hahn is a good guy, sad this happened on his watch. I think Champion’s statement speaks for itself. This to will pass - until the next one the drama here will continue.
Old 09-20-2018, 12:55 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

^Yup some us of will live life , so others have something to read about . carry on and perhaps one day we will meet out on life's roadway .
Old 09-20-2018, 01:01 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by RDM2418

I don't know all the facts, but this could have happened to any dealer - create fake documents, bank account close. What more should Champion have done? What about the bank he used, shouldn't they have asked questions about deposits - what were they for?

I would start by reading this ...

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...entid=1290833&

Make sure the check the dates. It's important.

Name:  photo976.jpg
Views: 1584
Size:  845.0 KB
Old 09-20-2018, 01:24 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Originally Posted by RDM2418
@Porsche should set up a site where you can login and check the status of your car. Sort of like the configurator - with icons to show order received, building car, shipping. You get a password, login to site maintained by Porsche HQ and confirm build, etc. Scam would not have worked if way to confirm build/order with second layer. Dealers would like because customers would not have to bug sales people for order status.

It's hard to stop a motivated crook from from stealing, but if you set up an external control, it will make him/her work harder. I don't know all the facts, but this could have happened to any dealer - create fake documents, bank account close. What more should Champion have done? What about the bank he used, shouldn't they have asked questions about deposits - what were they for?

because of the breakage ,very likely the system will get honed , maybe there's something to the slogan we all know " cann't fix it if its' not broke ."
My time honored GT3 experience @ Champion:
I put down a 2k CC deposit over the phone with zero paper for a spot on the list 3 days after 991 GT3 was released back in March /13 , with my SA at Champion , and I was insisting on a 10k deposit cause I didn't want to be chumped/bumped down the list , was told 2 is all that was needed , was told I was #8 at the deposit time , six weeks later went down to write the order in person with my SA whom has been with Champion decades and was a key componet
back in Champion Motorsport era , we wrote up a spec build and waited for an allocation , my ordered car was delivered inline 20 months later at sticker.
Still a thrill , as I sign the back of the check at work.
I came to becoming a Champion customer because the WPB BMW/P store to the north with whom I had purchased 400K + worth of cars would not commit to getting me a GT3 at sticker I was very disappointed with there greed . I'm sure others have had different experiences with Braman but that was mine and not proud of it.

Last edited by R.Deacon; 09-20-2018 at 01:50 AM.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing