Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 12:58 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

The comments that Champion should have known or did know are ignorant, unless they were monitoring all of his emails it would be very difficult to know. He could have easily done this from his home and was not using Champions "books", plus he was likely trusted. The guy was clearly desperate, probably has drug or gambling problem.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:00 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Honestly, all the people that were defrauded by this scumbag should sue the dealership for not only their deposit but the mental distress over this as Champion created an environment that allowed for this complete lack of controls and segregation of duties...they need to be made an example of. Maybe it'll teach other dealerships shape up.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by rsierra
The comments that Champion should have known or did know are ignorant, unless they were monitoring all of his emails it would be very difficult to know. He could have easily done this from his home and was not using Champions "books", plus he was likely trusted. The guy was clearly desperate, probably has drug or gambling problem.

Champion is ignorant for not managing their business properly and not having some sort of checks and balances when buyers are putting deposits down on ordered cars. They are negligent as well and will be held responsible.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:03 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 3,750 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Given that he was there for 10 years, I do think Champion had reason to trust him. No business is going to do well if it has to mistrust its employees and monitor their every move. The guy is a criminal, not just an employee with some general performance issues.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:04 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Champion is ignorant for not managing their business properly and not having some sort of checks and balances when buyers are putting deposits down on ordered cars. They are negligent as well and will be held responsible.
Correct. THANK YOU.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:05 PM
rsierra
Banned

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
How are they going to know about deposits that they never received? They went to the dudes shell company.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:09 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are they going to know about deposits that they never received? They went to the dudes shell company.
Kindly, and with respect, if you are not familiar with Florida law please refrain...
Old 09-12-2018, 01:14 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Buyers BEWARE! This happened in a well known dealership.

Think about those "Speccable" GT cars being sold by brokers or third party. Don't they ask for deposits?

Either buy from a direct owner, with clean title, or "reputable dealer." Even reputable dealer now becomes an investigative matter.

I hope those defrauded get their monies back.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 09-12-2018, 01:14 PM
1990ruf
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Man,you're trying so hard to shill for this guy,it's not even funny!
I feel their pain. Trying to be helpful. He's my attorney and know his capabilities...
Old 09-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

The latter likely true, the former absolutely not. Simple accounting controls could probably have avoided this. A fraud like this should be extremely difficult to pull off, particularly for an extended period of time. Not impossible, but it will interesting to see what if any controls were in place and how he got around them. My guess would be that he was such a trusted, long term employee that the controls that applied to him weren't very robust.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:15 PM
STG
Race Director

I'm not going to pollute this thread with nonsense and respond to any comments like this. Does a disservice to those who need help and support.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:17 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by 993KHTO
Kindly, and with respect, if you are not familiar with Florida law please refrain...
Agree, but your post applies to several members in this thread.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:18 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Buyers BEWARE! This happened in a well known dealership.

Think about those "Speccable" GT cars being sold by brokers or third party. Don't they ask for deposits?

Either buy from a direct owner, with clean title, or "reputable dealer." Even reputable dealer now becomes an investigative matter.

I hope those defrauded get their monies back.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Great point - I know of one broker who asked me about buying a spot from Champion for a 3RS for $50k. I wonder how far this will reach for those brokers that took their cut, and the Champion funds went into the "Champion Autosports" account.

Does this now mean it will spread back into those brokers who sold spots and were also ignorant to the fact this was all a shell?
Old 09-12-2018, 01:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

You're assuming that the entirety of this fraud involved 25-30 people writing checks that averaged about $100k each, every single one to this fake account, and none of which involved any information produced by the dealership to the customers and no communication at all between the dealership and any of those victims. I find that hard to believe. Do you think there were likely zero inquiries directly to the dealership from those customers/victims prior to this guy disappearing? Very unlikely.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:21 PM
STG
Race Director

PCNA will have to make some big changes to future GT car allocations. The brokers, flippers, and fraudsters come out of the woodwork when there's $$ to be made with these games.

Mark my words, this is the peak of the games.

Quick Reply: GT car / Salesman - Shiraaz Sookralli - Champion Porsche's VP of Marketing