Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?

Old 09-11-2018, 03:16 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by 17bhub

Never too late to develop a relationship with Fresno. I chose to spend my 2.5 hrs of drive time heading to a dealer in Fresno that has open roads ahead of me and Great service as opposed to 2.5 hrs of traffic filled windshield stop and go traffic heading west into the land of the entitled tech market better than thou attitudes and horrible service. No offense - but it didn’t used to be that way. I know all are not like that in the Bay Area but the scene has definitely changed. I’d rather hang out with the humble hard working farmers.
we should head to fresno together one day.
cj tells me great Indian food there.
and I need to drive his 993RS and a few mac's ;-)
Old 09-11-2018, 11:24 AM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
we should head to fresno together one day.
cj tells me great Indian food there.
and I need to drive his 993RS and a few mac's ;-)
Definitely! Maybe take the CGT's down. Word is he has some good back roads he's found. Plus only an hour drive (at a normal speed - not mooty speed) to Yosemite.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:39 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 81 Posts

As loyal as they are to me. Its a mutual relationship, as all relationships should be
Old 09-11-2018, 11:56 AM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by mooty
its not turbo.
it's cheap garden variety c4s I am afraid.
Gee, Thanks Mooty......
Old 09-11-2018, 01:14 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm not loyal to any of the dealers within driving distance to me because they are either stealers or have too many good customers to treat me like one.
Agree. More the later.

It would be so much easier if loyalty with the local dealer worked. They have good guys there, I am just not high up on the preferred customer list and can’t get a GT from them for nothin.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:06 PM
GTS01
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My experience with the local Porsche dealer has been outstanding. There is no question that certain allocations, such as the GT2RS, will go to the VIP list of customers, but they have been very forthcoming about what they can do, and they delivered their only mid-year allocation to me for a 2019 911 Carrera GTS C2. It will be built late next week and ship in early October. They received a non-allocated GT2RS and sold it to a walk in customer on the spot, who also snagged a GT3 at the same time. I could have snagged a GT3 earlier in the year, but my preference is the 911 GTS C2 with AWS as I will rarely track the car and spend my time driving the country roads.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:29 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,112 Likes on 726 Posts

In these parts it appears that whomever offers the best financial deal to the dealer is who gets the car. As a primary requirement. I'm sure there is some value placed on relationship, individual, long term prospects etc. I think those are all secondary and down. Financial deal meaning overall spend at the dealer (trades, new, used, parts, service, labour, paid dealer events, sponsorships etc). Big dealers already have too many good customers and not enough allocations. So makes it hard to get an allocation for the average buyer who has a GT trade, unless you some how get through a crack.
Old 09-11-2018, 03:30 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
My loyalty is directly correlated to the quality of their espresso machine and selection of their pastries and snacks. Mine has fresh baked chocolate chip cookies regularly.
Yeh but my Dealer always has a hottie preparing my Latte
Old 09-11-2018, 09:13 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 733 Posts

Loyal to Champion for service, nice campus any car with any color and option under the rainbow.
Excelent cookies and Espresso. I like to sit in their showroom, spec cars and request to be contacted by other dealers, and leave it up on the giant screen. LOL. Imma child.
I am loyal to Porsche Tampa (5 hour drive) for all new Porsches, even though they forgot to give me my RS allocation, until someone intervened.

So, now we are on shaky grounds...
Old 09-20-2018, 09:03 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
"wow that's aggressive"

i said the spec was aggressive (i'm 37, this is how people my age talk) not the price. ask anyone and they know that I love the wild cars. i spec all the pts stuff and drive a rainbow colored car. PNH and PF do the same thing- as do colorado springs and isringhausen. we build the wildest pts cars and are not the biggest stores.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:32 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 698 Likes on 510 Posts

12 years loyal to my dealer serving my 4 Porsches over the years. Recently bought a Porsche from another dealer that had the spec I wanted. So........not as loyal in their eyes. Loyal to manufacturer probably more than dealer to be honest. In our market we have 2 dealers and that has its benefits both for customer and the dealer as the brand starts to saturate the market and as a luxury good maintains good margins.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:51 PM
Nifty911
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I am seeking to purchase a CPO Porsche. I have some specific options I prefer. I will not say the dealer by name, but I always try my local dealer (12 miles from my house) to start. I believe in buying local, so I make it a point to give them the first shot. If that doesn't work out, then I spam every dealer within 250 miles with an email of what I am looking for. I'm not unreasonable. The non-local dealers I have approached in the past have jumped all over my offer when the right car shows up, as my last two Porsche purchases, and a BMW purchase were done elsewhere.

(The local dealer's service shop side of things is excellent through).

For the local dealer, the complaints I have are:

1. Not returning calls or emails. In fact, i have not received one email other than some automated thing about my first visit.
2. Failing to contact me when a specific car shows up in inventory. Not once have they ever called to let me know they were about to get something in either. I really have to stay diligent about checking what they have. This has happened for years.
3. Not knowing what they had in inventory, or inventory not accurate - this is strange and common, even going back a few years. Inventory online is never up to date, or cars just mysteriously drop off then show up again. I've walked around the lot with a sales guy trying to find a specific car listed online.
4. Refusing to give me an appraisal value (even a ball park guess) over the phone on one of my current cars. I bought the car from them to begin with, they have serviced it for the last 40k miles.

All in all, the local place has just become difficult to work with. Unless your buying a GT3 or a Turbo, they don't give you much more than the time of day. There is turnover there, as each time I visit, there seems to be more different people there.

Conversely, sales people from two other dealers, both more than a 4 hours drive away, have contacted me at least once a week now for over a month. Either to let me know what's coming in, or seeing if I am still in the market. Both have already given me trade values after seeing one pic. One said he pulled up my service history in the data base. And my local dealer can't do the same?????

I don't expect them to kiss up to me, I actually dont want that type of attention. I would like to be loyal only because they are local, but there is just not any real "sales service" from them anymore.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:42 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

^^ Your local dealer sounds exactly like mine
Old 02-09-2019, 12:09 AM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 887 Likes on 335 Posts

Closest dealer is I think the last dealer near me still selling based on place in line at MSRP. I use them for service and placed a deposit on a car I'll probably never see (long line ahead of me). I respect them for doing that and hope they keep the policy in place. If they do, I will always try and buy from them first.

2nd local dealer I purchased 2 cars from to establish a relationship became a "goes to the highest paying ADM bidder" dealer so won't use any longer.

Loyalty as others have said is a two way street.
Old 02-09-2019, 12:11 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Loyal to Champion for service, nice campus any car with any color and option under the rainbow.
Excelent cookies and Espresso. I like to sit in their showroom, spec cars and request to be contacted by other dealers, and leave it up on the giant screen. LOL. Imma child.
I am loyal to Porsche Tampa (5 hour drive) for all new Porsches, even though they forgot to give me my RS allocation, until someone intervened.

So, now we are on shaky grounds...
OMG...you are hilarious!! Great idea to do at Champion. I’ve bought a couple cars there plus my GT3...Im not thrilled with them anymore, especially there used car manager and finance guy...who was pissed I didn’t finance the car with them and caused issues....

Next time youre are Reeves in Tampa you better call me! Who’s your sales guy there? My wife wants another Panamera or Cayenne....I’ll tell them you sent me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?