Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?

Old 09-08-2018, 02:20 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Loyalty is built and earned - two way street. Porsche Fresno needs to learn a little etiquette I will say. My Irish Green Targa was being sold by Porsche of North Houston and on Rennlist. CJW took a shot at the pricing on the Rennlist listing - I thought that was interesting... The PNH guys certainly don't take shots at Fresno's listings. Anyway, Fresno's unnecessary input wasn't appreciated but I'm sure they treat their inner circle cabal just fine. Targa sold for Ask price BTW.....
"wow that's aggressive"

i said the spec was aggressive (i'm 37, this is how people my age talk) not the price. ask anyone and they know that I love the wild cars. i spec all the pts stuff and drive a rainbow colored car. PNH and PF do the same thing- as do colorado springs and isringhausen. we build the wildest pts cars and are not the biggest stores.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:28 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Interesting responses. Seems to be about half and half, loyal vs not, so far. I guess the main differentiating factor is whether you are lucky enough to live close to good operation with relatively abundant allocations. Western California seems to have a dearth of really good dealerships or maybe just way too many rich guys competing for desirable cars. I like my sales guy as a person and I think he has been there about 20 yrs, attaining a more prominent cubicle than even the manager. He is a 'brand ambassador' no less. Funny how they toss these words around. I have thought about contacting CJ's guys as they are only about 3 hours away from me. Thanks for the opinions.

J
Old 09-08-2018, 02:46 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 702 Posts

Very loyal, but the dealer is not local. We have a great relationship going... got car at MSRP and they shipped it enclosed to Texas on their dime. In return, I’ve hooked them up with a GT2RS buyer at an ADM and I’m paying for a flight ticket for my sales guy to meet him at the PEC LA center (that was my idea too btw).

ps... first Porsche and no trade
Old 09-08-2018, 03:13 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Very loyal, but the dealer is not local. We have a great relationship going... got car at MSRP and they shipped it enclosed to Texas on their dime. In return, I’ve hooked them up with a GT2RS buyer at an ADM and I’m paying for a flight ticket for my sales guy to meet him at the PEC LA center (that was my idea too btw).

ps... first Porsche and no trade
Can I be your friend Weniger?
Old 09-08-2018, 03:19 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Can I be your friend Weniger?
Always an open spot
Old 09-08-2018, 04:03 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
"wow that's aggressive"

i said the spec was aggressive (i'm 37, this is how people my age talk) not the price. ask anyone and they know that I love the wild cars. i spec all the pts stuff and drive a rainbow colored car. PNH and PF do the same thing- as do colorado springs and isringhausen. we build the wildest pts cars and are not the biggest stores.
Well given the spec was a stripper minus the PTS, I (btw I’m way older than you - 45 LOL!) nor PNH or others based upon responses took it that way but I appreciate you addressing it otherwise I wouldn’t be able to be a fan any longer. Good luck.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:17 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Most targa builds have been very conservative, a few of us see it as a cool enough car to let the freaky colors loose.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:17 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

This is a funny thread. We are all happy with our dealer when we get what we want (or close). Hate them when we don't. I'm on good graces right now because I have a 3RS coming (did pay a fair ADM, but first car from their store). If they try to get ADM next time, I won't be as loyal. I do understand market though and sometimes you have to pay if you want something. you are naïve if you think they should sell a car to you for sticker when they have 10 people standing behind you that will pay more. It's just business to some degree. Of course, the smart dealer sees the long term play (I would sell the GT car to the younger guy who will buy more cars over his lifetime).
Old 09-08-2018, 04:18 PM
lfish
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 50 Posts

I am in SW Ohio with 5 dealers within an hour's drive. Only one would commit to getting me a GT3 at MSRP (they don't charge ADM) and I was fourth on the waiting list. Only previous purchase was my wife's Audi Q5 bought new in 2012. When I got on the list I mailed then a $15k deposit which was not cashed until I was guaranteed an allocation. As I mentioned in a previous post, the transaction was fun and painless. Great sales rep who has left the dealership to pursue another opportunity. I have since referred two customers who purchased two new cars from the dealer.

BTW the Audi just had its pistons replaced under warranty due to excessive oil consumption and at the same time the timing chain, tensioners, and guides were replaced at my cost with the knowledge that a class action suit was pending due to faulty design. Three days later I received a notice from Audi that they would reimburse my out of pocket expenses for the repair due to pending settlement of the lawsuit.

They have earned my loyalty.
Old 09-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 709 Likes on 322 Posts

For a 992.1 GT3 I'm #20, for a 992.2 I'm #16 at my local dealer. They'll have at minimum 15 991.2 GT3's delivered by the end of production. From what they tell me they do not charge ADM.

Since '05 I've purchased 7 cars from Sunset, a combo of Audis and Porsches. This year a Macan GTS and taking delivery of my T at Zuff. I wonder what my chances will be when the time is near? I would say that I'm loyal, but if I could get on another dealers list at sticker lower on their list then maybe I would do that. What I'd really want is to continue doing biz w/ my local dealer and building that relationship.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:04 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Loyal to Porsche SD. They take great care of me. No ADM on 4 GT cars and fair trade in value on my Voodoo RS. Sales guy met me at my house to take all my RS OEM parts to the dealer to revert it back to stock. I get all my tires there, as they match Tirerack pricing and mount/balance all 4 for $150.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:48 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Only dealership I can say I'm loyal to is Capital Porsche (Mike Ludes) in Tallahassee -- Rennlist sponsor. I know some people like to say they are all stealerships or that you shouldn't trust any dealer. But if you guys knew the efforts Mike has gone to for me, even on transactions where he wasn't involved, you'd understand my loyalty.
​​​​​​
Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
Very loyal, but the dealer is not local.
Yes, I should have been clearer... Capital Porsche and I are on the opposite sides of the country. Would much rather deal with Mike and pay the $2000+ transport than buy from my local dealer.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:33 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Tirerack plus $150 is a great deal on tires.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:55 PM
737Drvr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joejenie
This is a funny thread. We are all happy with our dealer when we get what we want (or close). Hate them when we don't. I'm on good graces right now because I have a 3RS coming (did pay a fair ADM, but first car from their store). If they try to get ADM next time, I won't be as loyal. I do understand market though and sometimes you have to pay if you want something. you are naïve if you think they should sell a car to you for sticker when they have 10 people standing behind you that will pay more. It's just business to some degree. Of course, the smart dealer sees the long term play (I would sell the GT car to the younger guy who will buy more cars over his lifetime).
My good friend takes Euro Delivery of his LG WP 3RS at the end of the month. Bought from CP as well. We both have been trying to make them our "local dealer." He ended up with the 3RS with an ADM and I've been visiting quite a bit in hopes of an addtional GT3 allocation. That is 99% not going to happen. But they are nice people just not enough allocation.

His RS will not be delivered with the WP carbon hood, so he gets to keep the painted one. Will be cool wall art from his Euro driving. He's been trying to get me to step up to an 3RS but at that price point I'm more compelled to order a 600LT. We'll see what happens when the next round of 3RS allocations are released. Congrats in your MB 3RS! Maybe we'll see you around the Chandler/Gilbert area.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:32 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,711 Likes on 4,752 Posts

My loyalty is directly correlated to the quality of their espresso machine and selection of their pastries and snacks. Mine has fresh baked chocolate chip cookies regularly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer?