Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   How loyal are you to your nearest Porsche dealer? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1095702-how-loyal-are-you-to-your-nearest-porsche-dealer.html)

John Mclane 02-12-2019 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by Gh0st0
I’m in the area, curious which one this is.

No names, let's just say they have a brand new store...
A close by dealer got me a better appraisal in my car and discounted a 992, and I've never even been there. The other guys are so special, that it's MSRP on their car and low ball on mine. I'm not the only one, it's a common trait with them. They called me with opportunity to purchase a GT car on the floor, same price as announced on the internets. Call me with a build slot, as I've asked for many times.

Way too many cars here been caressed by diapers in a cozy climate controlled garage condo, driven twice a year. Car "collectors" take precedence with several stealerships.

usctrojanGT3 02-12-2019 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by John Mclane (Post 15632868)
No names, let's just say they have a brand new store...
A close by dealer got me a better appraisal in my car and discounted a 992, and I've never even been there. The other guys are so special, that it's MSRP on their car and low ball on mine. I'm not the only one, it's a common trait with them. They called me with opportunity to purchase a GT car on the floor, same price as announced on the internets. Call me with a build slot, as I've asked for many times.

Way too many cars here been caressed by diapers in a cozy climate controlled garage condo, driven twice a year. Car "collectors" take precedence with several stealerships.

No need shield the stealerships...give us the name. See the list of stealers that I've dealt with below...

Walters
Newport
McKenna
Auto Gallery
Downtown LA
Gaudin

John Mclane 02-12-2019 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
No need shield the stealerships...give us the name. See the list of stealers that I've dealt with below...

Walters
Newport
McKenna
Auto Gallery
Downtown LA
Gaudin

In the Chicago area I've dealt with Napleton , unlikely to buy from them ever again.
Barrington has a good attitude and competitive prices. I'll probably purchase from them, regardless of a GT allocation.
Exchange runs highs prices, so does Orland Park.

RealityGT 02-12-2019 08:13 AM

^How could they deny you! Did you tell them about Nakatomi Plaza and what happened to the Germans who vexed you?!! :)

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a450d9584d.jpg

John Mclane 02-12-2019 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by RealityGT
^How could they deny you! Did you tell them about Nakatomi Plaza and what happened to the Germans who vexed you?!! :)

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a450d9584d.jpg

:roflmao:
They may have seen #s 2 and 5..

Obturate 02-12-2019 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by John Mclane (Post 15632907)
In the Chicago area I've dealt with Napleton , unlikely to buy from them ever again.
Barrington has a good attitude and competitive prices. I'll probably purchase from them, regardless of a GT allocation.
Exchange runs highs prices, so does Orland Park.

Downstate there is Isringhausen in Springfield. Super nice folks and very knowledgeable. They don't give them away but they are reasonable.

docjohnM 02-12-2019 12:46 PM

Flemington Porsche in Central New jersey is great....

No ADM & they back their promises up pretty well too. Just nice people. The manager, Steve, is always just a few feet from the action and he always is ready for a handshake and a "how are you?".

My Salesman, Rich K is also a cool guy. Customers just stop in to shoot the breeze with them!

Nifty911 02-12-2019 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Obturate (Post 15633459)
Downstate there is Isringhausen in Springfield. Super nice folks and very knowledgeable. They don't give them away but they are reasonable.

I agree. They tried to work something with me but I am so geographically far it didn't work out.

Nizer 02-12-2019 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by mooty (Post 15630482)
manager/sales come and go
a smart principal knows customers
there are ppl who buy many cars and there are ppl who boy many cars for 20 years
if the principals do not know the customers, they wont be around long
any business consultant would know it's way more costly to obtain a new customer than to keep an exiting one
it's the long term value
it's the econ down cycle
it's the great depression
that define the business
today, any moron can be in business and make a buck. look at 2008, how many GIANTS crumbled
the dumb ones do not remember history....

....and then there are the young ones that never did their homework.

I’m loyal to any dealer that’s loyal to me. Alas they’re becoming harder and harder to find.

Riddle me this: how healthy is a dealer network that keeps cars out of real buyers hands while watching them pile up on the sales floor.....?

shaytun 02-12-2019 02:53 PM

FYI, I drove by work and saw Galpin opening a dealership in Valencia (north of LA). Let's see what their practices will be like.

tasman 02-13-2019 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Nizer

I’m loyal to any dealer that’s loyal to me. Alas they’re becoming harder and harder to find.

Riddle me this: how healthy is a dealer network that keeps cars out of real buyers hands while watching them pile up on the sales floor.....?

Not very. :nono:

spyder fan 02-18-2019 12:42 AM

Very!

mooty 02-18-2019 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by Nizer (Post 15634003)

ur kids must be out of school system now.
have u heard of this thing called "common core" education where we use the lowest score in the universe to establish the standard of excellence in schools?
have you seen what they consider as HS reading level and math?
homework? surely you jest, that's a vocabulary this new generation is unfamiliar with. I asked my kids to do homework, they logged into fort nite.
math was counting how many likes in FB
what homework are you talking about?

NBoost 02-18-2019 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by shaytun (Post 15634017)
FYI, I drove by work and saw Galpin opening a dealership in Valencia (north of LA). Let's see what their practices will be like.

Ha. Those guys were getting 50k ADM on freaking Mustangs, nice Mustangs--GT350Rs--but still, that's 50k on a 65-70k car. The entire state of New Mexico got 3 350Rs in '16, the big Ford dealer in ABQ got all 3 and Galpin offered those guys 30k/car for all of them. The local dealer ended up selling all 3 to local buyers for 10 over.

F1tifosi 02-18-2019 10:14 AM

I am a fan of Porsche Beachwood (Beachwood, Ohio). Phil is a great GM and Steven Y is a stud salesperson. Product experts, solid communication, etc. A++