Sponsored by:

GT2RS STOLEN IN SWEDEN ****

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2018, 04:52 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
I think they’re totally stolen but I can’t confirm so it’s wrong to post the sellers full info.
It would also be counterproductive if he finds out he’s about to get caught.
FWIW: The goods went on sale the day after our car was stolen - on a Polish site. (I recognize the pictures from the polish site.)
That day the car was still in one piece according to witnesses.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:20 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
FWIW: The goods went on sale the day after our car was stolen - on a Polish site. (I recognize the pictures from the polish site.)
Witnesses could be wrong. Timing of this ebay ad is suspect. What are the odds that parts from a GT2 RS the same color, in new condition front and rear are offered for sale the day after your car was stolen? No coincidence imo.

Put another way, who has ever heard of a GT car being parted out without damage to either the front or rear? This is your car, Dan.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:29 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro

Witnesses could be wrong. Timing of this ebay ad is suspect. What are the odds that parts from a GT2 RS the same color, in new condition front and rear are offered for sale the day after your car was stolen? No coincidence imo.
Put another way, who has ever heard of a GT car being parted out without damage to either the front or rear? This is your car, Dan.
I'll double check with my dealer: There should be holes after the license plate holder. They should know how they usually install it.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:32 PM
robmypro
Race Director

I'll double check with my dealer: There should be holes after the license plate holder. They should know how they usually install it.
Okay let us know what you find out.
Old 09-23-2018, 05:51 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

I wrote him on eBay, I'll PM you
Old 09-24-2018, 03:26 PM
Nagata-San
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 22 Posts

Since we met at the Nürburgring, I daily check this topic hoping for good news...
Old 09-24-2018, 05:21 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

"Witness" reports could be easily faked with the goal of throwing off the search and the investigation.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:29 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Originally Posted by hf1
"Witness" reports could be easily faked with the goal of throwing off the search and the investigation.
Definitely. All i need to know is red GT2 RS was stolen. A day later front and rear bumper shows up on ebay “parting out” the car, yet surprisingly neither the front or rear are damaged. The user selling on ebay is from poland but i seriously doubt the parts are in poland. When the cops show up the story will be that some guy i met online asked me to post this ad.

Complete losers.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:37 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Incredible, car being hacked apart and they will get away with it, even if everyone knows exactly what stolen car these parts come from.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

It makes me sick to my stomach.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:24 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

me too and worse it happened to great guy. My heart goes out to you Kobalt.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:02 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

I'm not sure if this was covered already however, simple question...how will your insurance company determine the replacement value of the car (market value or original MSRP)? I ask because the MV of a GT2RS is currently much higher than MSRP and you cannot easily replace the car (i.e., secure another allocation at MSRP). If the former, (i.e., your insurance company will pay Market Value), maybe it's easier to take the check and do less detective work. Even if located, I doubt the car will be in any condition close to how it left the factory. This is simply a terrible situation.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:10 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
I'm not sure if this was covered already however, simple question...how will your insurance company determine the replacement value of the car (market value or original MSRP)? I ask because the MV of a GT2RS is currently much higher than MSRP and you cannot easily replace the car (i.e., secure another allocation at MSRP). If the former, (i.e., your insurance company will pay Market Value), maybe it's easier to take the check and do less detective work. Even if located, I doubt the car will be in any condition close to how it left the factory. This is simply a terrible situation.
This is dependent on the terms of the insurance contract (it can vary greatly, depending on the language). Generally with high dollar and collectible cars, I'd recommend "agreed value" policy (you get a pay-out of a specified amount, less deductible, when total loss). Generally, the premiums are proportional to this agreed value (premiums not quite double with double agreed value amount, since many claims are not for total loss).

Hoping that things work out as well as possible for Kobalt
Old 09-25-2018, 04:16 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
This is dependent on the terms of the insurance contract (it can vary greatly, depending on the language). Generally with high dollar and collectible cars, I'd recommend "agreed value" policy (you get a pay-out of a specified amount, less deductible, when total loss).
Agree, I don't know what type of policy the OP had on the car (or what is customary in Sweden). If the policy will pay market value then I say collect the check and (as hard as it is), move on. If the police authorities eventually find the car then great. At that point the car will be the property of the insurance company and if the OP wants to negotiate a buy-back and try to restore the car, then he can! I just feel terrible at the OP having to undergo chasing leads and rumors of sightings and ebay posts. Maybe its time to collect a check and move on to the next phase of his car ownership experience...as sad as this is.
Old 09-25-2018, 04:17 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
Companies like Grundy and Hagerty use Stated values. Most other insurance companies use ACV. Since these are low production vehicles, KBB is not applicable. An insurance adjuster determines the current market, calling dealerships, any auction sales. You the policy holder can counter the adjuster and Any proof to present to back up your claim. At the end of the day, stated value is the way to go, but policies are higher.
I'm looking at 3300$ a year with Hagerty and Grundy. I'm 48 with clean license, own home, great credit no recent claim payouts. Living in the Las Vegas area is driving the cost up. Who would have thought that the middle of the desert would be one of the most expensive places to insure, SMDH

Quick Reply: GT2RS STOLEN IN SWEDEN ****