Sponsored by:

GT2RS STOLEN IN SWEDEN ****

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 04:22 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Raven 666
How are you finding your insurance company ...are the being helpful ..?
We are cooperating. They've been nice so far.
Obviously they want to find the car too.

The problem for us right now is that it is really difficult to focus on doing other things. The thoughts .revolves around the car all the time.
We sleep well and that is a blessing.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:53 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
We are cooperating. They've been nice so far.
Obviously they want to find the car too.

The problem for us right now is that it is really difficult to focus on doing other things. The thoughts .revolves around the car all the time.
We sleep well and that is a blessing.
I am glad they are working with you ,,,I would think it would be also in their best interests to also recover the car ..
Old 09-09-2018, 06:23 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

LOL

Found this j my mailbox:

It says:
"If you don't want to wax your new car for six years - contact us."

I guess someone contacted them for us

Name:  photo10.jpg
Views: 2989
Size:  82.6 KB
Old 09-09-2018, 10:50 AM
aalencar
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

I am so sorry to hear. It is a horrible experience. The sense that your family environment has been violated is frustrating and scary. We once had a car stolen and later recuperated. We got rid of it as soon as it got it because it reminded us of all those bad feelings. But it was a beater prius for the love of God and obviously it is a different ballgame here. I do hope you get it back and those bastards get what they deserve. However, that scar is pretty annoying.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:02 AM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts

Sorry to hear as well. It's never a good feeling when others steal from you, let alone while you're home (talking from experience). It is much easier once all the dust settles and the thoughts fade...hopefully the police can find her! I really wish people were all raised with values and decency, thieves are so pathetic to me, just writing about it bothers me. In my opinion it all starts with education and free thought, which is lacking in a big way these days...

Sending positive vibes your way!
Old 09-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

This is why I live in a gated community behind three (3) gates, the last of which is my own.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:29 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

**** Update

We have witness that have seen the car yesterday, Saturday, in the north of Norway: Mo i Rana - Altshaug somewhere.

Wife and I are sharing a bottle of wine when this tips came in... Totally unlikely "Den er pċ tur" as you say in Norway... LOL

The cars appearances reminded us both of the very good movie "Amélie" where a Garden gnome is kidnapped and pictures of it is sent to the owner from all around the world.

Old 09-09-2018, 05:47 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Very sad... Sorry man, has to hurt. I can't wrap my mind around how they can steal a rare exotic car like this and have chances to register. I guess, it can be done in countries where they can register the car through bribery. Here in the States, thieves usually stay clear of cars like these. Here thieves are after Hondas and Tacomas.

Hope you get this sorted out fast, and hope your dealer, or better yet PAG, comes around with a new car for you. I would write a letter to PAG and explain your situation. Can't hurt trying.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:46 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by gago1101
Very sad... Sorry man, has to hurt. I can't wrap my mind around how they can steal a rare exotic car like this and have chances to register. I guess, it can be done in countries where they can register the car through bribery. Here in the States, thieves usually stay clear of cars like these. Here thieves are after Hondas and Tacomas.

Hope you get this sorted out fast, and hope your dealer, or better yet PAG, comes around with a new car for you. I would write a letter to PAG and explain your situation. Can't hurt trying.
This problem has been going on for almost 20 years. High end cars are stolen in Europe and end up in Russia or the remains of soviet union. Nothing more corrupt.
This is actually funny, as soon as oil starts to rise a bit, high end thievery starts to happen. Art, jewls, cars. One could almost predict.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:51 AM
pete95zhn
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 103 Likes on 58 Posts

**** Update

We have witness that have seen the car yesterday, Saturday, in the north of Norway: Mo i Rana - Altshaug somewhere.

Wife and I are sharing a bottle of wine when this tips came in... Totally unlikely "Den er pċ tur" as you say in Norway... LOL
Pic of that? Are they going to try to drive the car to Russia from N Norway?
Old 09-10-2018, 08:02 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

there would be just one boarder / customs checkpoint between Norway and Russia - near Hesseng.
They shouldn´t be that stupid. But if. Tell the guys at the Norway boarder controll to hand out a couple of € - so they keep their eyes open. (your € should be more in case as their € )

i guess they will try to get it now on a boat!?
Old 09-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by jo_ker
there would be just one boarder / customs checkpoint between Norway and Russia - near Hesseng.
They shouldn´t be that stupid. But if. Tell the guys at the Norway boarder controll to hand out a couple of € - so they keep their eyes open. (your € should be more in case as their € )

i guess they will try to get it now on a boat!?

Police are alarmed.

Boat is likely.

But who knows... maybe they are just doing some scenic driving - it is very beautiful there.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:32 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

But who knows... maybe they are just doing some scenic driving - it is very beautiful there.
true!

maybe you and your wife should go "hunting" within this region. in one of your GT3´s.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:05 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by jo_ker
true!

maybe you and your wife should go "hunting" within this region. in one of your GT3´s.
No time - gotta go to Nürburg
Old 09-11-2018, 06:00 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

No news. I assume car is gone now...

But I must share this with you guys. Don't want to start a war but this is just ridiculous:

We reached out to the Norwegian Tesla Owners Club for some help spreading the word about the theft.

"Hi,

As this is a Porsche matter we must decline to help spreading the info.

Good luck."

Quick Reply: GT2RS STOLEN IN SWEDEN ****