GT2RS STOLEN IN SWEDEN ****

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 03:16 AM
cox1974
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
The Porsche Connect Tracker is jammed.

Removing fuse is a good idea. Sometimes they need to actually drive the car somewhere to store it or to load it on a truck. If they load it immediately the fuse might not help.
If you remove the relay... The car will start... But will shut off after 20 sec max...
Old 09-08-2018, 03:17 AM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

It is ironic: You can see the bridge from where the car was stolen.

They drove it north after they stole it, then for some strange reason drives the car back to go south of where it was stolen. In clear sun light with original plates. Weird...
They must have run out of distilled water and knew there was only one place to get it...

Too soon?..
Old 09-08-2018, 03:32 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Mika911
They must have run out of distilled water and knew there was only one place to get it...

Old 09-08-2018, 03:35 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

I googled "Flat slides" and all I found was sandals...

What is "Flat slides"?
Flat slide security bolts. Put some heavy ones on every outside door. At a minimum it buys you time as someone tries to break in. Dog buys you a little more. 12 gauge finishes the job.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:37 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3

Would suck to have to use these every time you park:

No but always park another car in front so they have to move it to get to the good stuff. My wife’s Q7 blocks my Spyder at all times, though if someone would agree to steal her POS, I’d probably let them take the Spyder.
Old 09-08-2018, 04:50 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Very good recommendation for home defense. I have a very good dog, and both short and long firearms.

Of course you have to check gun laws in your city/state for applicability.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Archimedes

Flat slide security bolts. Put some heavy ones on every outside door. At a minimum it buys you time as someone tries to break in. Dog buys you a little more. 12 gauge finishes the job.
Old 09-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Nur93
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 75 Posts

Sorry the hear this Dan, Hope it get sorted. I can for sure relate to this, its not fun. They did try to steel myM4 GTS in my video rigged garage. They destroyed the car door but did not manage to steel it. But the feeling when they do this **** is not fun😡
In my Case the video server did not pick up anything 😡
Still the police said the guys doing this know of video and dont care, they have mask/robbery hoods.
Hope you can go down to NBR Dan in that GT2 In the end, and thats its not damaged!
Old 09-08-2018, 07:58 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Woah. Sorry to hear this. I hope you recover the car intact and they nail the guys who did it
Old 09-08-2018, 08:33 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes

yeah.👍 and those that live are shot again. 😈
Old 09-08-2018, 08:48 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Bastards!!!

My car is on a lift, good luck trying to get it off.. Use a BEWARE of DOG sign near garage.. Sometime the mere suggestion of a Rotwieler will work>

Really sorry to hear this!
Old 09-08-2018, 10:07 AM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 26 Posts

Great suggestions for home security. I am a big fan of high security locks, having the entire perimeter of the house illuminated, cameras, and security system. Have a dog too which is helpful. Also a big fan of firearms. Even though I have 1911s in my room and access to 12Ga, I don't find that is the answer here. IMO that is for personal defense and for me that means protecting my family, ie when your life is being threatened. This is best case scenario - guys got in and left. Someone whois actually going to get in your house, who knows what they will do. I imagine if you heard them and came running with your 1911 you could start a shootout in your house, for me not worth it for any car. If you hear people get with your family and prepare to defend yourself if they are after you, but if they get distracted and go after a shiny red car then that is best case IMO. Glad you and your family are ok
Old 09-08-2018, 10:22 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Around here, we at least have the benefit of being able to hear the Police start their sirens when we call 911.
ETA 2-3 minutes.
So to break in, you have to be pretty suicidal..

Trigger happy, nervous police can have it’s problems, but it beats them advertising PA’s that insurance will pay but to leave your keys near your expensive car in obvious plain sight, so thieves don’t wake you up with a gun against your head for your keys...

Sleeping through it while your car disappears isn’t the worst.
At this point you have to wonder if you want it back...Bad story.

Makes one so angry, sorry Dan, maybe somehow there will be a silver lining somewhere.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:55 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Got to look at your safety over a car to feel better about a raw deal. Still, you have our thoughts these guys deserve extra burning in hell for what its worth. Hope your insurance covers the true value.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 1,057 Posts

This just sucks. Really sorry to hear Kobalt.
In live in Los Angeles, the "car theft capital of the world" and its just maddening how many 911s are ripped off here.
On the garage door thing, super common issue to sick a coat hanger with a hook on end and catch the emergency release to open the garage door ( you pull it towards the door).
We replaced our opener with a marantec that you cannot do this with. other option are side openers.

Originally Posted by stout
Lol. I can actually provide alibi for the mythical Mooty on this, and all he was doing was sitting on a couch in MO drinking bottled water when this probably went down. I was expecting more mythical behavior, frankly.
next time bring a bag of oreos or especially those asian snack boxes. just make sure you throw it on the floor and kick it to him or you may lose a finger or hand
Old 09-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
This just sucks. Really sorry to hear Kobalt.
In live in Los Angeles, the "car theft capital of the world" and its just maddening how many 911s are ripped off here.
On the garage door thing, super common issue to sick a coat hanger with a hook on end and catch the emergency release to open the garage door ( you pull it towards the door).

We replaced our opener with a marantec that you cannot do this with. other option are side openers.
next time bring a bag of oreos or especially those asian snack boxes. just make sure you throw it on the floor and kick it to him or you may lose a finger or hand
Or, remove the emergency release rope. :-)

Quick Reply: GT2RS STOLEN IN SWEDEN ****