Sponsored by:

Delivery of my 2019 Gt3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 07:38 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Delivery of my 2019 Gt3 RS

Took delivery today. Car had 31 delivery kms on it and came with Dunlops (same as my 2015 Gt3)

Here's my story. It's my fourth sports car and probably last. All four have been red. All four have been ordered and specced by me.

My first was 991.1 2012 Carrera S which I enjoyed and sold to get my 2014 Italia (which I still own now for 5 yrs). The itch for a 911 remained so I got a 2015 Gt3 which was sold a few months ago to prepare for this RS.

I do put miles on my cars and even track them.

My first three cars the wait was agonizing and the anticipation and excitement was huge each time. This time around it was rather depressing. I was not looking forward to it at all. Rather feeling guilty about it. Partly this is due to my financial condition though I can easily afford the car and paid cash for it, but new income is hard to come by these days. Secondly after all the miles and track days I have done with my cars I feel I have to large extent satisfied this hobby and my stomach feels full with not much appetite left for more. This being so and with the future looking like turbos, hybrids and electrics I do feel I may hold on to my 458 and RS for a long time as my last two sports cars.

I just drove the car straight home so can't say much about it other than it looks way more aggressive than my gt3.

Last edited by aamersa; 09-03-2018 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:17 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Awesome spec! Really like it, and hopefully you will get to enjoy it in full health. Most probably "peak NA" cars with the 458 and RS. I would keep them for as long as you can. Good choice, and you shouldn't feel any buyers remorse, and if you feel like it you should be able to shift them without any problems.

Once again, congrats!
Old 09-03-2018, 08:28 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Carmine red perhaps?
Gorgeous, enjoy the new one!
Old 09-03-2018, 08:29 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

i would take the red RS!

but for god´s sake: track the RS + instructor. and do this often. i promise - you will get hungry again.
and you will not care about the spent 10k$ on tires and fuel.

if there is really not much appetite left for a lot of driving or tracking - sell all - and buy a 458 speciale.
thats the dessert - for which is always some space left.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:13 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Carmine red perhaps?
Sorry to disappoint. It's guards.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:16 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jo_ker

if there is really not much appetite left for a lot of driving or tracking - sell all - and buy a 458 speciale.
thats the dessert - for which is always some space left.
It doesn't help that we do not have the driving roads that Europe and some parts of America are blessed with. The roads we do have are infested with radars. We do have two tracks. But going round in circles gets old after a while. Plus I did get fed up of paying for tires and brake pads.

Old 09-03-2018, 09:22 AM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by acey81
Awesome spec! Really like it, and hopefully you will get to enjoy it in full health. Most probably "peak NA" cars with the 458 and RS. I would keep them for as long as you can. Good choice, and you shouldn't feel any buyers remorse, and if you feel like it you should be able to shift them without any problems.

Once again, congrats!

Though I am opposed to the principal this time for the first time I even considered flipping the RS for a small profit but decided against it. Now these two shud keep each other company for a long while.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:30 AM
Lebo
Instructor

Congratulations ! the color combination of Red and Satin Aurum is stunning
The car looks fantastic and your garage is the perfect mix of cars for a petrol head besides the fact that the Speciale would've looked really good along with the RS also
Old 09-03-2018, 12:08 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lebo
Congratulations ! the color combination of Red and Satin Aurum is stunning
The car looks fantastic and your garage is the perfect mix of cars for a petrol head besides the fact that the Speciale would've looked really good along with the RS also
Yup Speciale and RS wud be my perfect garage. But I feel I am 90% there and shud consider myself lucky. As I tend to order and buy my cars new, I won't change to speciale. I tried for the Pista but was denied an allocation (unless I bought a Lusso). Good thing or I would be feeling even more guilty today taking delivery of the pricier pista.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

Congrats on two fronts-

first for the new car.

second for realizing that one can be content with their current toys and not have to always have the latest and greatest.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:28 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Gorgeous spec. I’m a little biased though as I did this same spec except with PCCBs. Mine will also be parked next to another red “looker”. A 2005 FGT.

Enjoy it it in good health. Post some pics in the “Official” 3RS pic thread too!👍
Old 09-03-2018, 01:54 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Congrats OP and Waxer that GR and Gold wheels combo on RS with all the black tidbits is really totally right !! Very Hot , not a red car guy but that one is exceptional !
Old 09-03-2018, 02:32 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Waxer
Gorgeous spec. I’m a little biased though as I did this same spec except with PCCBs. Mine will also be parked next to another red “looker”. A 2005 FGT.

Enjoy it it in good health. Post some pics in the “Official” 3RS pic thread too!👍
Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Congrats OP and Waxer that GR and Gold wheels combo on RS with all the black tidbits is really totally right !! Very Hot , not a red car guy but that one is exceptional !
Thanks to both !!

BTW this is the gift I received with the car. A small model, but note that it is not a RS.

Old 09-03-2018, 04:04 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by aamersa
Thanks to both !!

BTW this is the gift I received with the car. A small model, but note that it is not a RS.
Thanks guys!
Old 09-03-2018, 04:15 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Very nice! Well done.

Quick Reply: Delivery of my 2019 Gt3 RS