Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on GT3 Park Place Allocation

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 10:33 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Offer MSRP if you are interested in any. There are so many of these cars sitting around the country at above MSRP.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:45 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

44 GT3's would be a ton.

However- we had 40 people on our list. We had 8 of the top 25 pass on cars to slide towards an RS, a speedster, GT4, boxster spyder etc.

We are getting 10. PP is HUGE and could have gotten 40, theoretically, since they are 4-6x our share of nation.
Old 09-02-2018, 11:36 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Here's what's suspicious about what Park Place is doing. These 2018 GT3s they have as CPO have never been registered. Why would they order inventory cars when they have unfulfilled deposits that are over 18 months old?
Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2018, 11:46 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 241 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
Here's what's suspicious about what Park Place is doing. These 2018 GT3s they have as CPO have never been registered. Why would they order inventory cars when they have unfulfilled deposits that are over 18 months old?
How do you know they are inventory cars? Why don’t you get your deposit back and go buy elsewhere if PP isn’t doing it for you?
Old 09-03-2018, 12:19 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

The Gemini blue GT3 looks like a good deal if you want PDK and don’t mind not having FAL.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:53 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Quikag
How do you know they are inventory cars? Why don’t you get your deposit back and go buy elsewhere if PP isn’t doing it for you?
The car is in inventory and it has never been registered by either a private or a corporate owner. That is clear from the Carfax.

On your second question - I have already sent that email on Friday to ask for my deposit but the guy is out of the office for the entire weekend. Not sure I will have much luck with another dealer. Most require you to have a previous relationship to order a GT car at MSRP. I have bought 2 cars from PP including my current Turbo S. Haven't got a relationship with other large dealers.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:57 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthpilot
The car is in inventory and it has never been registered by either a private or a corporate owner. That is clear from the Carfax.

On your second question - I have already sent that email on Friday but the guy is out of the office for the entire weekend.
The Carfax is incorrect. It was not a dealer inventory car. It was registered, and is being sold as a pre-owned car.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:08 AM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have a bridge in Brooklyn available for immediate sale.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:14 AM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by carcommander
This has gotta be a fake post. You are in Atlanta and you put down 4K to be 44th on the list? lol.
Originally Posted by jrbkarter
Yes, it’s completely normal. Park Place is a nationally known @ MSRP GT car dealer and thus their wait lists fill early and fast. They (to the best of my knowledge) do not cap (by quantity) or restrict (by location) placing a deposit but they’ll generally tell you after a certain point your chances are slim. However, I’ve had friends receive allocations from them who were in the 20s on their list for GT4s, in the mid teens for .2 GT3s and not receive an allocation when being sub 10 for a GT2 RS. They receive a ton of GT cars and do the best they can to fulfill every request. They’re also very good at rolling your deposit on to another list/car if you decide to switch to a different vehicle.
I did ask about rolling to another list back in Jan but they said other lists were also long and suggested I would be better off sticking with the GT3 list.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:23 AM
MM3.9GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rallyeporsche
They have a bridge in Brooklyn available for immediate sale.
You may want to place an offer on that bridge. My post above is 100% correct.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:14 AM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Are you faster than JVS on track or is he?

I don’t actually know! Have never made it out to the track at the same time. Definitely need to do that. I am sure he is super fast in his 718 GTS!
Old 09-03-2018, 06:46 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrett

I don’t actually know! Have never made it out to the track at the same time. Definitely need to do that. I am sure he is super fast in his 718 GTS!
He definitely is quick @ MSRC. Never seen him @ Hallett.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:52 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

What a surprise - another "I didn't get a GT allocation" thread. If the issue is MSRP only, it sounds like you understand the process fairly well in that your going to wait. If the issue is you want a car, it also sounds like you understand there are plenty available.

Buy a car, and drive it now and find a happy medium in the price - or, unfortunately wait until an MSRP slot comes available for a GT car (which from experience, this can takes years), and guarantees are at a minimum with this across all dealers. Only guarantee is when the car arrives and keys are in your hand.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:20 PM
DogsPoison
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NSD991
All gt3’s are done? No?
No, there are still some yet to be made.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:31 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
What a surprise - another "I didn't get a GT allocation" thread. If the issue is MSRP only, it sounds like you understand the process fairly well in that your going to wait. If the issue is you want a car, it also sounds like you understand there are plenty available.

Buy a car, and drive it now and find a happy medium in the price - or, unfortunately wait until an MSRP slot comes available for a GT car (which from experience, this can takes years), and guarantees are at a minimum with this across all dealers. Only guarantee is when the car arrives and keys are in your hand.
**** off. It's my money. If I don't want to pay over MSRP I don't have to.

My TTS is faster than a GT3 anyway. I'm in no rush. My main issue is if they don't have enough cars then they should give my money back.

Quick Reply: Question on GT3 Park Place Allocation