Originally Posted by Big Swole

lolol

Same day?
Same temp?
Same humidity?
Same tires?
Same driver?

Nah, didn’t think so.

We can only go by best time ever posted on a track, especiallly a benchmark like the Nurburgring. Otherwise, why even look at times between GT2RS and Performante? Potentially the Performante is faster because they were driven by different people on different days? Even Porsche themselves only compare their own cars by their best times ever. They are not going to line up 5 cars made in the last 5 years and ask one driver to drive them all back to back within one hour.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:56 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
We can only go by best time ever posted on a track, especiallly a benchmark like the Nurburgring. Otherwise, why even look at times between GT2RS and Performante? Potentially the Performante is faster because they were driven by different people on different days? Even Porsche themselves only compare their own cars by their best times ever. They are not going to line up 5 cars made in the last 5 years and ask one driver to drive them all back to back within one hour.

Will you at least concede that everything I mentioned DOES in fact make a difference in times / power / grip?

I was referring in my original post to vids posted somewhere here a while back of a GT3 and a TTS doing laps at the same track and the TTS was quicker. It's not the first I've seen of this, hence my comment.

Either way, the guy / gal sitting behind the wheel is what makes the most difference in us "normal" folks anyhow. I come from motorcycle riding / racing. I've done faster lap times on my completely stock R1 than some or most of the guys on their Stupid Money spent modded bikes at some tracks. Just proving that the equipment helps and it's the end all / be all for lap times.

Quicker or not, Faster or Not, I'll choose the TTS simply because I personally don't like the huge wing and the "hey look at me" looks of the GT cars. I like simple, clean, stock looking "Sleeper" type vehicles that are more about performance than the ones the LOOK like they're all about performance.

As you were.......
Old 10-06-2018, 10:35 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Will you at least concede that everything I mentioned DOES in fact make a difference in times / power / grip?

I was referring in my original post to vids posted somewhere here a while back of a GT3 and a TTS doing laps at the same track and the TTS was quicker. It's not the first I've seen of this, hence my comment.

Either way, the guy / gal sitting behind the wheel is what makes the most difference in us "normal" folks anyhow. I come from motorcycle riding / racing. I've done faster lap times on my completely stock R1 than some or most of the guys on their Stupid Money spent modded bikes at some tracks. Just proving that the equipment helps and it's the end all / be all for lap times.

Quicker or not, Faster or Not, I'll choose the TTS simply because I personally don't like the huge wing and the "hey look at me" looks of the GT cars. I like simple, clean, stock looking "Sleeper" type vehicles that are more about performance than the ones the LOOK like they're all about performance.

As you were.......
..... and that's EXACTLY why they built the GT3 Touring. For guys like me!!
Old 10-06-2018, 10:51 AM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 92 Posts

As you were.......
IMO a TTS (had a ‘16 in GT Silver) is just as look-at-me as a GT3. Neither are what I would call “sleepers”. I do think the GT3T, aside from the sound, is a sleeper.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:00 AM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

As you were.......
So despite your "racing" background, your car choice is not about performance, but rather how you perceive others viewing you? I feel the exact opposite, for better or worse, I'm pretty certain I've never considered what others think of my car choice. Not saying my opinion is better, just way different.

​​​​
Old 10-06-2018, 12:04 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by KM1959
So despite your "racing" background, your car choice is not about performance, but rather how you perceive others viewing you? I feel the exact opposite, for better or worse, I'm pretty certain I've never considered what others think of my car choice. Not saying my opinion is better, just way different.

​​​​

not exactly sure how you came to that conclusion. Actually I am very performance oriented versus what other people think. I just like a sleeper and less look at me look of a car because I’m not about the show versus the go.

I would drive a turbo S over a GT three even if there was no one else on earth other than me. Simply because I like the perfume it’s better.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:07 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
..... and that's EXACTLY why they built the GT3 Touring. For guys like me!!

Touche’

agreed

Originally Posted by localmotion411

IMO a TTS (had a ‘16 in GT Silver) is just as look-at-me as a GT3. Neither are what I would call “sleepers”. I do think the GT3T, aside from the sound, is a sleeper.

well I agree it’s not really a sleeper but I believe it’s less, look at the name, then a GT three with the big wing.

I would totally drive a GT 3 touring.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:38 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Someone close this BS down.
I'm marking your vote down for the RS.
Old 10-06-2018, 12:48 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheFrank
Some people might prefer the somewhat lower key looks of the GT3 or maybe the touring vs the RS. But I'd bet that vast majority of winged-PDK-GT3 owners wish they had an RS, even if they don't want to admit it.
I admit to no such thing.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:48 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

You guys are having WAY too much fun with this thread.

You do know that the OP has already decided several pages ago to go with the GT3 and is trading in his TTS, right?
Old 10-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Taffy66
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by DainLankfordLA
Forgot one...

991 GT3RS 6:56.4
That time is with the secret sauce R spec tyres which gains 1 second every minute or shortens the Ring's time by 7 seconds..
Old 10-06-2018, 03:47 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
OP has already decided several pages ago to go with the GT3 and is trading in his TTS, right?
Lol yep he came to his senses pretty quick.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:34 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Oh my, the well stated comments I have read, I applaud you all, but let's just cut to the chase.

If you have a Wiener you go for the GT3RS....

If you have a Vaginer you go for a TT.

If you like wine and nibbling cheese, creasing your slacks, and wearing light blue sweaters you get a TT...

IF you wear Jeans and T-shirts you get a GT3RS

IF you like Michael Bolton get a TT for sure

IF you like Sound Garden get a GT3RS

IF you you eat bananas with your lips touching the banana get a TT

IF you use your teeth to bite a piece of banana get a GT3RS

I could go on but I think that about sums it up.

Oh yeah if you can't take a joke get a TT....

Disclaimer.. this post does not represent the opinions of Antigravity Batteries, it was just the owner trying to make himself feel more special because he bought an RS. RS owners tend to think they are cooler than TT owners, and while they might indeed be a little cooler, possible better looking and more in shape, there have not been any scientific studies to prove this. He actually thinks Turbos are faster and with some tweaking offer as much if not performance on the track.. But Turbos DO NOT look as cool by any stretch of the imagination, and as Benjamin Franklin said "You can't make Chicken Salad out of Chicken Sh*%...
O
M
G
HAHAHA
Old 10-06-2018, 05:42 PM
localmotion411
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 92 Posts

I’m ordering an Antigravity battery tonight. I’m serious. That was amazing!
Old 10-07-2018, 06:25 PM
rsisrs
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no they are the same

Quick Reply: Is the gt3 really better then a tts?