Sponsored by:

Late to the Party - GT3 allocated!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 12:09 PM
DNSGT3
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
Why did you sell the GT350? I was recently contemplating the same thing to pursue another car. Also have a deposit on the GT500 depending what the final car ends up being.
Lots of reasons. Bad build quality being one of them. Then I read the engine blown thread and noticed my increasing oil consumption, I decided to sell it before summer ends.
This car is popular in the US but hard to sell in Canada.

Old 08-31-2018, 01:52 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Really eh? Timing works....however I've been good and may need 1-2 other goodies. Thanks!

I always hope for a white Christmas......maybe not this year!
Just a head's up and word of warning. Even if the roads are completely dry, merely breathing on the throttle in freezing temps can send the car sideways. I almost learned that the hard way a couple years ago.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:26 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks!

They are not the ones who provided the allocation. Will post up the build soon as I finalize it.
Well thats a curveball! But it's good to know there was another dealer who could take of you.

Why did you go GMG?
Honestly, there isn't much between all the options. PCO orders/installs/paints GMG cages, so I went with them out of convenience. Made the delivery process seamless. And I also wanted the WEC bar mainly just cause how awesome it looks

For harness I think Race Tech seems to try to match a few paint colours. They have a Miami Blue and will have Lizard for 3RS.
Ya, they look interesting. I know they're popular with the Viper crowd. When I was looking I only saw Sabelt and Schroth with 'proper' GT3 lap belt mounting brackets.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:40 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Just a head's up and word of warning. Even if the roads are completely dry, merely breathing on the throttle in freezing temps can send the car sideways. I almost learned that the hard way a couple years ago.
Thanks. I'm hoping for sunny 15 degree day with no road salt or ice/snow. Tall order. What will realistically end up happening will be me driving home from dealer following an enclosed trailer.
Old 08-31-2018, 03:45 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shizzle
Well thats a curveball! But it's good to know there was another dealer who could take of you.
Yeah, my canvassing worked. Quite frankly this dealer has been easier to work with.

Originally Posted by shizzle
Honestly, there isn't much between all the options. PCO orders/installs/paints GMG cages, so I went with them out of convenience. Made the delivery process seamless. And I also wanted the WEC bar mainly just cause how awesome it looks
Good to know, that might narrow it to GMG or BBi. Convenience is big these days. I'll have to check out your cage.

Old 08-31-2018, 03:57 PM
kav1
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DNSGT3
Wow that is a long shot. Congrats!!!!
I got a GT4 then traded for my GT3 as well. I too had a GT350 but sold it recently. Did you get your GT4 from PNT?
i recently got a GT350R in addition to the GT3. The Shelby is an amazing car. The sound is unmatched and the track performance has been stellar. I’m finding the GT3 fun the drive fast. The GT350R is fun to drive at any speed. My car has burned no oil and has been solid.

Consider it if you are interested.

Last edited by kav1; 08-31-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:15 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks!
What is the main bar? The one that goes parallel across the width of the car?
Yes, that is the one.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:24 PM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks!

I will wait until I hear the stock exhaust, but I feel like I'll want something more. Videos sound great but are hardly ever good representations for both stock and aftermarket. I thought the GT4 could've used a boost in sound. I also have Sharkwerks centre bypass and Cargraphic sides on my 997.2 and well the GT350 is a beast. So I suspect I'll want something more.

Any thoughts on which neck restraint is best?

I think the major players all promote carpet cutting as the most invasive part of the install. But good point on the BBi following the internal contours best, wouldn't have thought of that and I don't think I read any of them promoting that feature. Is this from you seeing different ones installed or from marketing material?

I'll be sure to check out your thread!
If u are doing cage install yourself, BBi is way easier than Cantrell as you don't have to remove the side interior pieces...both require carpet trimming...
I have BBi in my RS along with Sabelt (slightly better hardware) and Hans (suggest lower profile neck restraint as Hans pushes ur head forward with the LWB, or use aftermarket kit to tilt the mount for LWB)
Old 09-04-2018, 03:27 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by batmanm3
If u are doing cage install yourself, BBi is way easier than Cantrell as you don't have to remove the side interior pieces...both require carpet trimming...
I have BBi in my RS along with Sabelt (slightly better hardware) and Hans (suggest lower profile neck restraint as Hans pushes ur head forward with the LWB, or use aftermarket kit to tilt the mount for LWB)
Thanks for the tips!
Old 09-04-2018, 04:29 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

congrats!
Old 09-10-2018, 01:42 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJG911
congrats!
Thanks!
Old 09-10-2018, 01:43 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Build locks this week! Here it is minus some CXX options that I'm waiting on....down to the wire.

Old 12-04-2018, 03:41 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Took delivery few days ago! Still surreal that it's finally home. Unfortunately the weather hasn't been great, took it out for a short drive in 3.5 and 10 degree weather (Celsius). Soooo hard to keep RPM below 4000. Can't really glean much from that type of driving but I'm sure this car is going to be awesome when winter is done. Exhaust sounds awesome on cold start with sweet engine noises. Axle lift works quick. LWB are comfortable, gotta figure out how to get in and out better. Exclusive options turned out nicely and I'm happy with the results of the CXX options - Miami Blue LED for carbon door sill GT3 script, entire side mirrors in gloss black paint and rear deck air intake ducts in gloss black paint.

Better pics in the spring but here are a few with my phone, the house is not mine. Miami Blue definitely takes on different hues, it didn't look quite like the colour shown in the dealer pics, close but not the same. The one in front of the house is a decent representation for that light.

Some mods planned - PPF, Akrapovic link pipes and centre bypass, Eds LWB bolster protectors, 997 GT3 rear badge and removal of PORSCHE, some stickers and probably clear side signal lenses.

Last edited by SToronto; 12-04-2018 at 05:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:48 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Looks great, Miami Blue is one of my faves!! Enjoy, as much as you can in this weather over the coming months!!
Old 12-04-2018, 04:38 PM
aaa335
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 38 Posts

congrats!! looks fantastic. Any pics of those door sills glowing blue?

Quick Reply: Late to the Party - GT3 allocated!