Old 09-23-2018, 11:25 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hello Derek,

Hope all is well in Asia and with your Kingkong. I bet you're enjoying it!

Finally today Sunday is a beautiful day. Sunny and high of 77. Took Kingkong out for a relaxed spin and it simply is glorious.

Here are some pictures as you have requested under full sun.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

That color with the WP wheels looks amazing!!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 10-17-2018, 03:02 PM
CurvyRoads
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT2 RS - Tire rubbing issue

Thanks for starting this thread. Here's a pic of my GT2 RS w/ the WP. Will try to upload more pics later, but I have a question for you GT2 RS guys...Since I'm new to Rennlist, let me know if there's a better place/thread to post this question/issue...

I recently took the car to the track. Had a great time and took it relatively easy; however, the right rear tire rubbed in the turns. Left rear seemed to rub a little, but the right rear was much worse. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks in advance for your input.

GT2 RS w/ WP -- Crazy fun
Old 10-17-2018, 05:17 PM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CurvyRoads
Thanks for starting this thread. Here's a pic of my GT2 RS w/ the WP. Will try to upload more pics later, but I have a question for you GT2 RS guys...Since I'm new to Rennlist, let me know if there's a better place/thread to post this question/issue...

I recently took the car to the track. Had a great time and took it relatively easy; however, the right rear tire rubbed in the turns. Left rear seemed to rub a little, but the right rear was much worse. Has anyone else experienced this?

Welcome to RL.

Check the GT2 RS thread for most info. https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...991-gt2rs.html

Your the first I've heard with the rear rubbing on the 2RS. I was at Sebring last week and had no rubbing front or rear.

Where was it rubbing, inside or outside of tire? can you take a few pics...
What track?
What were your hot tire pressures?
What suspension setting while on track?
off topic, but how fast did you go through your distilled water?
Old 10-17-2018, 05:24 PM
CurvyRoads
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BK77
Welcome to RL.

Check the GT2 RS thread for most info. https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...991-gt2rs.html

Your the first I've heard with the rear rubbing on the 2RS. I was at Sebring last week and had no rubbing front or rear.

Where was it rubbing, inside or outside of tire? can you take a few pics...
What track?
What were your hot tire pressures?
What suspension setting while on track?
off topic, but how fast did you go through your distilled water?
Thanks for the fast reply! I was at Hallett in OK. Rubbed only on the outside of the tires, from what I can tell (rear of car was covered in black tire dust). Still need to put it on the lift to check it out further. Since I'm still in the break-in period, I kept the RPM low and didn't go through much distilled water at all. How about you?

Had it in sport suspension mode. Was shooting for a recommended hot tire pressure I saw on RL, but can't remember. I'll have to check and report back. What pressures did you run?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:06 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 123 Likes on 69 Posts

Old 10-17-2018, 08:52 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

WOW your Guards Red is stunning! Had I not been approved for PTS that was my first choice. Congrats!

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Old 10-18-2018, 10:51 AM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Old 10-18-2018, 11:02 AM
BK77
Pro

Thanks for the fast reply! I was at Hallett in OK. Rubbed only on the outside of the tires, from what I can tell (rear of car was covered in black tire dust). Still need to put it on the lift to check it out further. Since I'm still in the break-in period, I kept the RPM low and didn't go through much distilled water at all. How about you?

Had it in sport suspension mode. Was shooting for a recommended hot tire pressure I saw on RL, but can't remember. I'll have to check and report back. What pressures did you run?
If you weren't even pushing the car hard and you had tire rub, that seems very strange. There are many RL'ers that have thousands of track miles on their 2RS and no one has had a issue like this, I would defiantly have the dealer take a look.

On a hot, humid day at Sebring (about 92 degrees) I was going through all the water reserve in about 10-15 minutes on the track. With cooler temps the water should last longer, I'll know more in a couple of weeks after my next event.
Tire pressures seemed to work well at 34/38 hot, (on cup2's)
Old 10-18-2018, 11:20 AM
BK77
Pro

Resting between sessions with a new 3RS...
Old 10-18-2018, 02:11 PM
CurvyRoads
Rennlist Member

I think I was closer to 32/34 hot. Maybe that's part of my issue (possible tire roll?). That's a LOT of distilled water. Sounds like I'll need to take several gallons with me on the next track day.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:10 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Hello Derek,

Hope all is well in Asia and with your Kingkong. I bet you're enjoying it!

Finally today Sunday is a beautiful day. Sunny and high of 77. Took Kingkong out for a relaxed spin and it simply is glorious.

Here are some pictures as you have requested under full sun.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Unique colour. A future classic!
Old 10-21-2018, 11:08 PM
T-Spoon
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago. My 2RS and 3RS arrived on the same transporter even though they were ordered months apart.

3RS on top of 2RS....

Not really a huge wing-on-the-street kind of guy. So I made some wing tips to finish off the deck lip when I have the track wing off.

To me it still looks really aggressive but a little more civilized. I'm expecting fewer mothers to pull their children close when I approach....
Old 10-22-2018, 08:33 AM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Well if you need assistance on solving this issue. Talk to RS Autohaus in Tulsa. Pat Henke has 20 + years Porsche experience including cup car etc. he has been handling my Porsche's for the past 6 years and set-up all my GT's for the track.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:22 AM
CurvyRoads
Rennlist Member

Thanks!
Old 10-22-2018, 12:32 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by T-Spoon
Mine arrived a couple of weeks ago. My 2RS and 3RS arrived on the same transporter even though they were ordered months apart.

Not really a huge wing-on-the-street kind of guy. So I made some wing tips to finish off the deck lip when I have the track wing off.

To me it still looks really aggressive but a little more civilized. I'm expecting fewer mothers to pull their children close when I approach....
That's the best looking neuter that I've seen on an RS. Did you 3D print the deck lip ends? If so, would you be willing to share the CAD file?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official - GT2RS Picture Thread. Please Post Pics of your GT2RS