991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

.2 GT3 RS track set up

Old 08-26-2018, 09:43 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

I'll be taking the ST rotors off the Voodoo and installing them on the Storm Trooper, pulling the PCCBs and putting them in a box. I have to return the Voodoo to stock, so my GMG exhaust will be pulled and installed on the new RS. This will also include the GMG Voodoo half cage (that GMG color matched perfectly) which will be powder coated white and installed on the .2 . The AntiGravity Lithium battery will also be swapped, further lightening up the car. First things first thou, get the clear bra installed to protect all that carbon!
Old 08-27-2018, 07:44 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 975 Likes on 541 Posts

Wow, just killer... Congrats.

We were up at Monterey for Speedweek, and we have our Booth at the Track for the Classics Race Event and I got to see the new RS and a GT2 as well as just about everything else from the Paganis, Konegs, McLarens.... but for some reason even with the ultra exotics around I will still fawn over the RS. Don't get me wrong, to see some of those cars it jaw dropping, especially the Konegs, but maybe its the fact that they are out of my reach, or that it just TOO much for my personality to drive something like the exotics, but whatever it is, love these GT3/2s Cars. I think alot of people love them to because we have the RS in front of our Booth and it draws people even with tons of other cool cars around.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:48 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Anyone have advice on set up of the .2 for the track? Sounds like the .2 will need less suspension tuning compared to the .1.
I assume add camber to the front and rear, say -2.7 F/-2.6 R, Toe F 0/R 4mm and corner balance as well as take the mesh out of the front fender vents. Ride height adjustments?
I haven't read about rubbing issues, so I assume no need to roll the fenders like the .1.
Thanks
Curious to hear what you like. I like to start with stock settings to get a baseline before doing much. For the Mk 1 I found adding camber f or r past 2 didn't have the desired effect. As trakcar has pointed out playing with ride height / rake has a far greater impact on balance. Somewhat limited with stock wheels though.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:09 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats!

This is the first time I'm hearing about the mesh, but it makes sense. Please keep us updated.

I guess my car should be getting to the dealer soon... Your car was on the Altair Leader, right?
Old 08-27-2018, 10:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 732 Posts

I’ve never had the screens in. Not sure what they are supposed to do.
i figure it’s a government useless thing, like orange corner lights.
I did knock out a couple of those front fender spoke things trying to find out how low I can go..
That also resulted in the lip being shaved off a 1/4”

That’s on 19”
Old 08-31-2018, 12:30 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nlpamg
Congrats!

This is the first time I'm hearing about the mesh, but it makes sense. Please keep us updated.

I guess my car should be getting to the dealer soon... Your car was on the Altair Leader, right?
Yes, Altair Leader. Just picked it up today.
Old 08-31-2018, 12:37 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Picked car up today. Pictures don't do it justice. Got some shots of my Voodoo trade in next to it to compare the two.

Old 08-31-2018, 12:40 AM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Looks great! Congrats!

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 08-31-2018, 12:44 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Voodoo is heading to the shop tomorrow to be converted to stock and I'll bring the WP in after the cage is powder coated white and get the set up completed.
Agree with those the ride height and rake can make huge differences in handling. I had a fairly slammed setup in the Voodoo but had serious understeer issues. Add rake helped a bunch, almost a different car.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:01 AM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

BTW, the .1 RS clear side markers don't fit the .2 RS and the .2 RS clear side markers are on back order.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:05 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,711 Likes on 4,752 Posts

When you heading out to Thermal with the new beast?
Old 08-31-2018, 02:24 AM
FerchoPorsche
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoDavid
Voodoo is heading to the shop tomorrow to be converted to stock and I'll bring the WP in after the cage is powder coated white and get the set up completed.
Agree with those the ride height and rake can make huge differences in handling. I had a fairly slammed setup in the Voodoo but had serious understeer issues. Add rake helped a bunch, almost a different car.
Can someone expand on ride height in general, rake in particular? I’m doing track alignment and corner weight, don’t know or unsure about ride height. I’ll appreciate any pointers
Old 08-31-2018, 03:19 AM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FerchoPorsche

Can someone expand on ride height in general, rake in particular? I’m doing track alignment and corner weight, don’t know or unsure about ride height. I’ll appreciate any pointers
Perhaps I am providing a non-answer here, but whatever you do with ride height on the RS you need to do in conjunction with all other adjustments and together with an outfit who have experience with these cars. I don’t know about the gen2 3RS but the gen1 as well as the 2RS have serious issues with rubbing which is made worse when lowering the car or changing rake. It’s a trade off for having wider tyres, but will increase tyre wear and damage the wheel liners. Very disconcerting too when you take a compression and it sounds like pneumatic drill is taken to your chassis.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:58 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

The problem is the wheel size.
If you do nothing else go 19”.

Now that Hoosier has 20” perhaps 19” F and 20” R.
With the front I can’t go low and wide enough. So I’m as low as fits on 295/30/19.

The rear could go lower but doesn’t work as well do perphaps there is a size that works replacing the 345/30/19?
I haven’t looked into the 20” Hoosier outer diameter dimensions.

Thinking of getting wider fronts 19” so maybe need wider rears also.
Ton of room back there.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:05 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: .2 GT3 RS track set up