Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2RS deal

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I've seen 9 in Scottsdale alone.One guy here owns 3 of them. 2-green 1-Mexico Blue.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:09 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

And 167 isn't a round number either. Hilarious. Ok, I'll take the over. Any takers? I'll bet at least 170

Use some common sense. They brought 150ish of the 997 4.0 to North America and total production was 600. Hmmm?

Now I see the thinking behind the prices people are paying for these things. Flawed, but logic.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:21 PM
NBoost
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
I've seen 9 in Scottsdale alone.One guy here owns 3 of them. 2-green 1-Mexico Blue.
1 green and 1 sexy Mexi wasn't enough?
Old 09-02-2018, 05:24 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
My issue with the 997 GT2RS is that it's not a very exciting car to drive, regardless of how many cars they made. In the 997 era, there is no doubt in my opinion that the 4.0 is the car to keep. In the 991 era, I would say the GT2RS and the 911R are the ones to keep. If I was comparing between the 997 GT2RS vs. the 991 GT2RS, I would always take the keys of the 991 GT2RS every single time. Manual transmission is important, but that is just one component of making it a complete driver's car.
Fair points. While the 997 2rs is super limited and last manual mezger turbo (aka collectible), it just isn't that exciting to drive or look at. It's design is kinda a compromise between a 3rs and turbo (not a turbo'd RS). Whereas the 991 was first gt2 that was given 3rs-or-better aero, suspension, etc. Porsche really pulled out the stops and made this one angry. The last 2rs was probably the tamest gt2 ever made. No insult to 997 2rs owners; I used to own one. They are amazing cars but are so-so on the emotion category.

I haven't driven a 991 2rs. But from all the feedback, seems like Porsche built a much more emotionally fun gt2 this time around. I hope they make a bunch, so many of us can get the opportunity to try one out.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:26 PM
RyanDDWPartners
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

He doesn’t own three. He owns two GT2RS’s both PTS. Gelbgrun and Mexico Blue. The other green car is his new Lizard GT3RS. Three of his many many cars.
Old 09-02-2018, 06:36 PM
NBoost
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners
He doesn’t own three. He owns two GT2RS’s both PTS. Gelbgrun and Mexico Blue. The other green car is his new Lizard GT3RS. Three of his many many cars.
Well that sounds perfectly reasonable.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:13 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by F40-r
The reality is, they’re making too many and everybody knows it. Most dealers have had another 5-8 slots open, so that’s a lot of cars per reasonably sized dealers. My friend let go of his at $50k over, now I doubt they’ll be touching overs in the coming months. It’s hard to gauge but it might pick back up after production ends but there’s way too many for sale worldwide at this time. Who knows
Carlos , right on once again. Words of wisdom

Originally Posted by joejenie
My dealer told me they might have another 2RS coming too. Asked me what I would pay for it. I told them sticker and I would make a deal that when I sell it, they can buy it back from me at the same price or market, whichever is less. They still think they will find a $100-150k ADM guy. Good luck.
Things change fast and your cash talks loudly. I just sold a GT4 and was astounded at the small pool of real buyers when 2 years ago these were hot potatos. Hold fast and good things will happen

Originally Posted by fibredog
Another 5-8 slots open for most dealers? Most dealers didn't even get 5 slots. I buy from a high volume dealer. They received 8 allocation slots since January and were told they may get one more if production capacity allows. The 2RS is definitely not limited, but it will probably end up having 1/2 the production number of the .2 3RS.

My dealer received twice as many .2 3RS allocations as 2RS allocations and the 3RS will be produced until July 2019. More allocations are coming for that one.
Good point, what are the total production numbers as relating to rarity. Remember, more expensive cars have higher profit margins and that is a huge motivating factor.

Last edited by Perimeter; 09-02-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:27 PM
GT Venum
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

If all dealer have 5-8 open slots why are they not selling them???
Old 09-02-2018, 10:59 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,798 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Venum
If all dealer have 5-8 open slots why are they not selling them???
Because they are asking for $150k-$200k ADMs. There are only so many buyers willing to cough up that kind of ADM.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:32 AM
GT Venum
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Because they are asking for $150k-$200k ADMs. There are only so many buyers willing to cough up that kind of ADM.
Ok so with your theory the numbers of the GT2RS will be very low since no one is will pay the high ADM's. So will these 5-8 allocations at each dealer never get built?

Old 09-03-2018, 12:53 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Once the novelty of these cars are over or like that buyer he moves on to the next new toy in a year, there will be plenty of these used GT2RSs without many deep pocket buyers which will result in prices going towards MSRP. I'm sure there's some people who bought the car as an investment and once they realize that prices are going down they'll also be unloading their cars.
+1. I’m a buyer at MSRP. Never again will I pay over a list. Done that, made that mistake.. that’s over. If you’re a VIP who got the car at MSRP and can now flip it and make a nice profit then go ahead .

At $100 to $150k adm that’s all the $$$ for the 2RS there will ever be. It’s a losing game at that point and your down side is much steeper than the up for sure. Mho. I was offered a 2RS at $96k over. Nope. Been there done that. Got my 3RS at msrp. The msrp bus the only bus I’m ridding from now on.

The 2RS is not a limited production car with about 2000 WW copies at the end nor is it numbered nor is it an exclusive produced car. Even the R has softened in price with the advent of the GT3 touring which is 95% of what the R is and the other remaining 5% difference I believe is imaginary or so difficult to experience it’s not worth the extra price of admission unless you just want the R for exclusivity which is a valid reason.

No doubt the 992 TTS will perform with the 2RS for less.

Whats fascinating to me was all the hysteria over the new “Motorsport” solid valve train motor of the RSR derived motor revving to 9000 rpm with which they just finished 1-2 at LeMans and the related Cup motor finding its way to the new 3RS now apparently the red headed step child to the non Motorsport hydraulic valved off the shelf 3.8 with big turbos making 700hp. This gets even more ironic when you go back and read all the “NA forever” protestations here. Lol.

The magic of the 2RS is very simply it’s 700 hp. Full stop. Many have lost sight of the fact that power comes from a non-motorsport, non-dry sump off-the-shelf 3.8 L engine with some internal improvements with hydraulic valve train.

The above is not a knock. It’s fact.

Whats also interesting ting is that even being 180hp down the 3RS is still within 1-2 seconds at shorter circuits and only 9 seconds down at the Ring. Seems it does more with less.

Both will be about 2000 WW at end of day. Only one has a related Motorsport engine that won LeMans 1-2 the other not.

I am am not saying the 2RS isn’t awesome. It is. I love it. Just putting some facts on the table.

Flame suit on.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:21 PM
msimon9
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

It’s almost sad to read this post as so many fellow Porsche enthusiast bash a value of a car they don’t have, haven’t driven, or quite possibly have never laid eyes on in person. People speculate and claim they are not worth the 150-200k ADM, but people are paying it all over the country. It doesn’t matter that it is a pdk or that it is a turbo, or that a turbo can be made faster, or that it isn’t numbered. The facts are that it is a one year production and the next probably isn’t for another 6-7 years. It’s arguably the best performing car in the world and most people will never get an allocation. Therefore, prices are not going down. I believe all allocations for the 2018 year are spoken for and production starts will cease in December for March deliveries. There is no point in trying to devalue the cars we all love. Embrace the fact that certain cars are expensive and will stay expensive because they are incredible. There is absolutely ZERO chance these cars sell below msrp, ever!
Old 09-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanDDWPartners
Guess I failed to look close enough.

Old 09-03-2018, 03:02 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

I don’t own a GT2 RS, nor am I in the market for one, but I just got to sit in and drive a GT2 RS, and the thing is fantastic. Surreal and amazing come to mind as appropriate adjectives.

Is it worth MSRP? Or 100k ADM? Or 150k ADM? Who knows. I think if you have to ask those questions then the car isn’t the right car for you. People that are buying these cars - at whatever price point - don’t really worry about value, depreciation, limited production etc.

They worry about today, worry about being able to drive the car today, and worry about not being able to enjoy the car today.

Because at the end of the day no one is guaranteed tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I don’t own a GT2 RS, nor am I in the market for one, but I just got to sit in and drive a GT2 RS, and the thing is fantastic. Surreal and amazing come to mind as appropriate adjectives.

Is it worth MSRP? Or 100k ADM? Or 150k ADM? Who knows. I think if you have to ask those questions then the car isn’t the right car for you. People that are buying these cars - at whatever price point - don’t really worry about value, depreciation, limited production etc.

They worry about today, worry about being able to drive the car today, and worry about not being able to enjoy the car today.

Because at the end of the day no one is guaranteed tomorrow.
agreed 100%.

im in no way bashing the 2RS. There’s nothing to bash. Amazing car. Just stating some factual observations.

Quick Reply: 2RS deal