Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2RS deal

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 04:03 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Very well articulated by these two posters.

Almost always the "monetary value" of the car is front and center of almost any thread. On the other hand there are car enthusiasts who will discuss "emotional value," as to what the car does, how it performs, likes and dislikes about the car, which is what it is supposed to be. The slippery slope of monetary value I guess is vey hard to resist.

It is simply pure and simple. If you can afford it whatever the price is and it will make you happy, then buy it. If you can't because you don't like it or don't have the finances, move on.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by msimon9
It’s almost sad to read this post as so many fellow Porsche enthusiast bash a value of a car they don’t have, haven’t driven, or quite possibly have never laid eyes on in person. People speculate and claim they are not worth the 150-200k ADM, but people are paying it all over the country. It doesn’t matter that it is a pdk or that it is a turbo, or that a turbo can be made faster, or that it isn’t numbered. The facts are that it is a one year production and the next probably isn’t for another 6-7 years. It’s arguably the best performing car in the world and most people will never get an allocation. Therefore, prices are not going down. I believe all allocations for the 2018 year are spoken for and production starts will cease in December for March deliveries. There is no point in trying to devalue the cars we all love. Embrace the fact that certain cars are expensive and will stay expensive because they are incredible. There is absolutely ZERO chance these cars sell below msrp, ever!
Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I don’t own a GT2 RS, nor am I in the market for one, but I just got to sit in and drive a GT2 RS, and the thing is fantastic. Surreal and amazing come to mind as appropriate adjectives.

Is it worth MSRP? Or 100k ADM? Or 150k ADM? Who knows. I think if you have to ask those questions then the car isn’t the right car for you. People that are buying these cars - at whatever price point - don’t really worry about value, depreciation, limited production etc.

They worry about today, worry about being able to drive the car today, and worry about not being able to enjoy the car today.

Because at the end of the day no one is guaranteed tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:39 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

+1. I’m a buyer at MSRP. Never again will I pay over a list. Done that, made that mistake.. that’s over. If you’re a VIP who got the car at MSRP and can now flip it and make a nice profit then go ahead .

At $100 to $150k adm that’s all the $$$ for the 2RS there will ever be. It’s a losing game at that point and your down side is much steeper than the up for sure. Mho. I was offered a 2RS at $96k over. Nope. Been there done that. Got my 3RS at msrp. The msrp bus the only bus I’m ridding from now on.

The 2RS is not a limited production car with about 2000 WW copies at the end nor is it numbered nor is it an exclusive produced car. Even the R has softened in price with the advent of the GT3 touring which is 95% of what the R is and the other remaining 5% difference I believe is imaginary or so difficult to experience it’s not worth the extra price of admission unless you just want the R for exclusivity which is a valid reason.

No doubt the 992 TTS will perform with the 2RS for less.

Whats fascinating to me was all the hysteria over the new “Motorsport” solid valve train motor of the RSR derived motor revving to 9000 rpm with which they just finished 1-2 at LeMans and the related Cup motor finding its way to the new 3RS now apparently the red headed step child to the non Motorsport hydraulic valved off the shelf 3.8 with big turbos making 700hp. This gets even more ironic when you go back and read all the “NA forever” protestations here. Lol.

The magic of the 2RS is very simply it’s 700 hp. Full stop. Many have lost sight of the fact that power comes from a non-motorsport, non-dry sump off-the-shelf 3.8 L engine with some internal improvements with hydraulic valve train.

The above is not a knock. It’s fact.

Whats also interesting ting is that even being 180hp down the 3RS is still within 1-2 seconds at shorter circuits and only 9 seconds down at the Ring. Seems it does more with less.

Both will be about 2000 WW at end of day. Only one has a related Motorsport engine that won LeMans 1-2 the other not.

I am am not saying the 2RS isn’t awesome. It is. I love it. Just putting some facts on the table.

Flame suit on.
Not to cause a ruckus. However, your facts are not correct.

The fact that you said the GT3 touring is 95% of the R shows that you have never driven either. People who continue to say that are trying to make themselves feel better about not getting an R. I don’t have an R but had one in my possession for over a month and it was phenomenal.

Nobody knows how many cars they will make,
but the .2 GT3 RS without WP is going to fall hard, I would not pay a premium versus a .1 RS. They are making a lot more of the .2 GT3RS than the GT2RS. I was able to get 2 from my dealer. First without WP and let it go. If my second.2GT3 RS with WP comes after the delivery of my GT2RS I will sell
it also.

I was able to drive the GT2 RS this weekend and I was shocked at how amazing it was.

I could care less if it’s a Motorsport derived engine. I am pretty sure most people driving skills on this forum wouldn’t know the f***n difference of how it was derived. That kind of speak is only for cars and coffee.

If didn’t have my msrp allocation I would pay the $100-150K ADM.
Because, I know I would be happier in the car then looking at the money in my account. Money can be made, time cannot.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:55 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

From what I heard and to chime in to above op the R is different form the 991.2 gt3 touring.
they are not the same.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:14 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd

Not to cause a ruckus. However, your facts are not correct.

The fact that you said the GT3 touring is 95% of the R shows that you have never driven either. People who continue to say that are trying to make themselves feel better about not getting an R. I don’t have an R but had one in my possession for over a month and it was phenomenal.

Nobody knows how many cars they will make,
but the .2 GT3 RS without WP is going to fall hard, I would not pay a premium versus a .1 RS. They are making a lot more of the .2 GT3RS than the GT2RS. I was able to get 2 from my dealer. First without WP and let it go. If my second.2GT3 RS with WP comes after the delivery of my GT2RS I will sell
it also.

I was able to drive the GT2 RS this weekend and I was shocked at how amazing it was.

I could care less if it’s a Motorsport derived engine. I am pretty sure most people driving skills on this forum wouldn’t know the f***n difference of how it was derived. That kind of speak is only for cars and coffee.

If didn’t have my msrp allocation I would pay the $100-150K ADM.
Because, I know I would be happier in the car then looking at the money in my account. Money can be made, time cannot.
My crystal ball is as good as anyone else’s.

The R is nice but reviews comparing it with the GT3 T have them comparable. Your facts are wrong also. Have driven them. R is softer. Both are great but differences I found to be nuanced.

2000 WW GT2RSs at the end of the day. Same for .2GT3RS. Basically one year production cycle for each.

Some likw WP some don’t and don’t see the value in it. I like both but didn’t see the value without the roll bar.

You may not care about “Motorsport” but that lands you squarely in the minority. Motorsport and it’s connection to racing is the essence of “Rennsport”

Your odds of “falling” hard value wise imho are exponentially greater sitting in a 2RS at $150 over than a .2 3RS at msrp or even $30k over.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:18 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,732 Likes on 4,763 Posts

^
Just like the differences in the Mark IV and Mark VI Iron Man suits are nuanced, right?

Old 09-03-2018, 06:27 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

^
Just like the differences in the Mark IV and Mark VI Iron Man suits are nuanced, right?

Zactly. Lol
Old 09-03-2018, 06:32 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
The fact that you said the GT3 touring is 95% of the R shows that you have never driven either. People who continue to say that are trying to make themselves feel better about not getting an R.
Of course. But then everything about the GT3 touring is set up to make buyers feel better about not getting an R. It is the ultimate 911R wannabe car. Just add aftermarket stripes and you're good to go.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:47 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

LOL. So true.

Look, at the end of the day, everyone's situation is different and Porsche can't make everyone happy. There are more buyers of 911R and GT2RS than there are in supply, hence, it's why these cars are currently going for much higher than MSRP. The current ADM on the 991.2 GT3RS is around 15-20k for SoCal dealers, which means in other parts of the country, MSRP deals can be had EASILY. So if you got a .2 GT3RS at MSRP, congrats! Now try to get a GT2RS allocation at MSRP.

However, there are some "unspoken" facts in the Porsche world that won't be changed in many years to come:

1. Get the Weissach package or whatever lightweight package Porsche has. Why? Because GT owners are a bunch of ******* and we all like to over compensate. Without it, your car will be worth less down the line and harder to sell.
2. Get the bucket seats. Why? Please refer to point number 1. Without it, your car will be worth less down the line and harder to sell.
3. Get PTS, but choose your color wisely. Get the right PTS color, your car will be worth slightly more. Get the wrong PTS color, good luck selling it in a timely manner.

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Of course. But then everything about the GT3 touring is set up to make buyers feel better about not getting an R. It is the ultimate 911R wannabe car. Just add aftermarket stripes and you're good to go.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:42 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by GT Venum
Ok so with your theory the numbers of the GT2RS will be very low since no one is will pay the high ADM's. So will these 5-8 allocations at each dealer never get built?
They'll build every allocation, many will be built by the dealer and listed for over MSRP. Like I said, the US will get at least 700-1,000 GT2RSs.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by msimon9
It’s almost sad to read this post as so many fellow Porsche enthusiast bash a value of a car they don’t have, haven’t driven, or quite possibly have never laid eyes on in person. People speculate and claim they are not worth the 150-200k ADM, but people are paying it all over the country. It doesn’t matter that it is a pdk or that it is a turbo, or that a turbo can be made faster, or that it isn’t numbered. The facts are that it is a one year production and the next probably isn’t for another 6-7 years. It’s arguably the best performing car in the world and most people will never get an allocation. Therefore, prices are not going down. I believe all allocations for the 2018 year are spoken for and production starts will cease in December for March deliveries. There is no point in trying to devalue the cars we all love. Embrace the fact that certain cars are expensive and will stay expensive because they are incredible. There is absolutely ZERO chance these cars sell below msrp, ever!
Just look at history and I'll take that beg that the GT2RS trades below MSRP.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:00 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
LOL. So true.

Look, at the end of the day, everyone's situation is different and Porsche can't make everyone happy. There are more buyers of 911R and GT2RS than there are in supply, hence, it's why these cars are currently going for much higher than MSRP. The current ADM on the 991.2 GT3RS is around 15-20k for SoCal dealers, which means in other parts of the country, MSRP deals can be had EASILY. So if you got a .2 GT3RS at MSRP, congrats! Now try to get a GT2RS allocation at MSRP.

However, there are some "unspoken" facts in the Porsche world that won't be changed in many years to come:

1. Get the Weissach package or whatever lightweight package Porsche has. Why? Because GT owners are a bunch of ******* and we all like to over compensate. Without it, your car will be worth less down the line and harder to sell.
2. Get the bucket seats. Why? Please refer to point number 1. Without it, your car will be worth less down the line and harder to sell.
3. Get PTS, but choose your color wisely. Get the right PTS color, your car will be worth slightly more. Get the wrong PTS color, good luck selling it in a timely manner.

Uno....please pm Me if you know of any msrp deals.
Thanks
Old 09-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

True but incremental improvements are getting smaller. Just look at the difference between 991.2 GT3 and RS which is only 25hp
How will the 992 make improvements on this engine? How much better can it get in the same form?
Originally Posted by Waxer
...No doubt the 992 TTS will perform with the 2RS for less....
Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt

Guess I failed to look close enough.

You got me, I'm in the black shirt and shades!

^

Oh yes!
Old 09-03-2018, 09:29 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
The numbered and Exclusive nature of the R is what sets it apart from the Touring. Beyond that many would say the Touring has the better engine. Some view it differently. Remove the R badging and number plate and you have an over priced Touring.

R prices have softened. Touring shave been fetching premiums.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:34 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 2006m5

Uno....please pm Me if you know of any msrp deals.
Thanks
Lol! Seriously. Very hard to get a 3RS allocation right now. Average adm is around $35k from what I’ve seen. Best deal is around $25k unless you get msrp based on relationship.

Right now there are far more 2RS’s for sale than .2 3RS’s. I counted 19 on Autolist.

Last edited by Waxer; 09-03-2018 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:35 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

150k over I would say is not light for a 2 year old R no matter how you size it.

Quick Reply: 2RS deal