Sponsored by:

2RS deal

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 09:37 PM
msimon9
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Just look at history and I'll take that beg that the GT2RS trades below MSRP.

What gt2rs’ are selling under msrp? If you know of any, please let me know, I’ll buy it.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:45 PM
GTSBoneDoc
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems very unlikely that these cars will sell for much under MSRP. Not saying they will appreciate at all but I also have trouble imagining a 2RS for less than MSRP in the foreseeable future
Old 09-03-2018, 09:46 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
LOL. So true.

Look, at the end of the day, everyone's situation is different and Porsche can't make everyone happy. There are more buyers of 911R and GT2RS than there are in supply, hence, it's why these cars are currently going for much higher than MSRP. The current ADM on the 991.2 GT3RS is around 15-20k for SoCal dealers, which means in other parts of the country, MSRP deals can be had EASILY. So if you got a .2 GT3RS at MSRP, congrats! Now try to get a GT2RS allocation at MSRP.

However, there are some "unspoken" facts in the Porsche world that won't be changed in many years to come:

1. Get the Weissach package or whatever lightweight package Porsche has. Why? Because GT owners are a bunch of ******* and we all like to over compensate. Without it, your car will be worth less down the line and harder to sell.
2. Get the bucket seats. Why? Please refer to point number 1. Without it, your car will be worth less down the line and harder to sell.
3. Get PTS, but choose your color wisely. Get the right PTS color, your car will be worth slightly more. Get the wrong PTS color, good luck selling it in a timely manner.
1. Agee. WP cars will be worth more. Between $10k to $15k more. Cost of admission $18k w/o roll bar unlike Europe. Many chose no WP because they don’t like the look and or didn’t see the value.
2. Buckets vs. 18 way in a GT car..agree.
3. PTS. Agree.
Old 09-03-2018, 09:59 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Perimeter
True but incremental improvements are getting smaller. Just look at the difference between 991.2 GT3 and RS which is only 25hp
How will the 992 make improvements on this engine? How much better can it get in the same form?

You got me, I'm in the black shirt and shades!

Oh yes!
992 TT will likely have the same wet sump 3.8L. Don’t need to really improve the engine much. Just add more boooost! How do you you think they got 700hp from a 3.8L? Magic?
🙄
Old 09-03-2018, 10:05 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

The numbered and Exclusive nature of the R is what sets it apart from the Touring. Beyond that many would say the Touring has the better engine. Some view it differently. Remove the R badging and number plate and you have an over priced Touring.

R prices have softened. Touring shave been fetching premiums.
You forgot one of the biggest differences that the R has
an option which separate the cars pulling bigger premiums, the SMFW. I find it hard to believe you feel so strong that the touring is on par with the R, after you said you have driven both. Did you drive an R with SMFW?

Cars without the SMFW and buckets are the ones lagging, the same will be for the cars without WP in the GT2RS and .2 GT3 RS.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:45 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 874 Likes on 385 Posts

+1
Cars without WP will be selling at least 50k below compared to cars with WP.

Just look at the price between a 918 WP vs 918 or a 911R with SMFW/bucket vs no SMFW/sofas. Huge price difference!!

Originally Posted by fastmd

an option which separate the cars pulling bigger premiums, the SMFW. I find it hard to believe you feel so strong that the touring is on par with the R, after you said you have driven both. Did you drive an R with SMFW?

Cars without the SMFW and buckets are the ones lagging, the same will be for the cars without WP in the GT2RS and .2 GT3 RS.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:49 PM
unotaz
Drifting

I dont think so. I have seen the current order system from PCNA and the take rate of the WP for both GT3RS and GT2RS are over 80%. The only thing that the GT3RS buyers are opting out are the magnesium wheels, which now is stop order.

Look at the value of the 918 and 911R, you will see the huge market price difference on cars without KEY options.

Originally Posted by Waxer

1. Agee. WP cars will be worth more. Between $10k to $15k more. Cost of admission $18k w/o roll bar unlike Europe. Many chose no WP because they don’t like the look and or didn’t see the value.
Old 09-03-2018, 10:53 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fastmd

Smfw is chatty compared to the T. The T is very noisy inside also. I think the T was meant more for every day but still is a hell of a package. Does not have quite the specialness of the R but not far off.

As to WP cars fetching more. Yup. They cost more to begin with. Doubt it will add significantly to resale beyond its cost.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:53 PM
BusDriver
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 63 Posts

The GT3 and GT3 RS are tremendous cars and can stand on their own merits. No need to justify a GT3/GT3RS by bloviating that the special Porsches are less special. With or without the Weissach Package, the GT3 RS is a mighty track weapon of a car.

On the track, speed is everything and the GT2 RS is king and the GT3 RS is queen.
On the road, the Carrera GT is the ultimate drivers car. But the CGT is a dragon of a car, and the 911R is its more accessible unicorn cousin.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:23 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Getting MSRP deals on the GT3RS is not hard nowadays. The issue is availability. There are lots of dealers that sells the GT3RS at sticker, Porsche North Houston is one of the many dealers that sells them at sticker. There might be a wait list at these dealers and their list might be longer than the actual number of allocations they will receive.

Originally Posted by 2006m5

Uno....please pm Me if you know of any msrp deals.
Thanks
Old 09-04-2018, 02:34 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 540 Posts

Delete
Old 09-04-2018, 03:21 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,815 Likes on 2,174 Posts

Originally Posted by msimon9

What gt2rs’ are selling under msrp? If you know of any, please let me know, I’ll buy it.
The 997 GT2RS traded under MSRP 3-4 years ago and that was a numbered car with only 500 in the world. They'll build 2,500-3,000 991 GT2RSs. Never say never.
Old 09-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by unotaz
Getting MSRP deals on the GT3RS is not hard nowadays. The issue is availability. There are lots of dealers that sells the GT3RS at sticker, Porsche North Houston is one of the many dealers that sells them at sticker. There might be a wait list at these dealers and their list might be longer than the actual number of allocations they will receive.
Yup sounds easy breezy to me.

There are “ lots “ of dealers selling at msrp? Give us some more. PNH will sell you at MSRP if you have a previous relationship with them.

The vast majority want adm .

Also so easy since all you have to do is get on the end of the long line that out numbers allocations. Wait? That sounds a lot like demand greater than supply therefore adm. oh wait... Forgot, that law of economics only works for vip’s with “special” cars.

Please. Lol
Old 09-04-2018, 09:04 AM
msimon9
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
The 997 GT2RS traded under MSRP 3-4 years ago and that was a numbered car with only 500 in the world. They'll build 2,500-3,000 991 GT2RSs. Never say never.

Sounds like fake fake news to me. Where are you getting your numbers?
Old 09-04-2018, 09:11 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by BusDriver
The GT3 and GT3 RS are tremendous cars and can stand on their own merits. No need to justify a GT3/GT3RS by bloviating that the special Porsches are less special. With or without the Weissach Package, the GT3 RS is a mighty track weapon of a car.

On the track, speed is everything and the GT2 RS is king and the GT3 RS is queen.
On the road, the Carrera GT is the ultimate drivers car. But the CGT is a dragon of a car, and the 911R is its more accessible unicorn cousin.
Last I checked GT2RS is not an Exclusive. No more “special” than the 3RS except for its TT 700 horses. 19 for sale right now. Just pony up &100k over. 3RS has its Motorsport 9000 rpm solid valve engine.

Id love one but not at 100k over. My adm days are over.

Quick Reply: 2RS deal