Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So many pdk GT3s for sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 04:30 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

Just wait till the GT3 Speedsters are released. They will create a real panic to get to the top of the next new Porsche pile.
Old 08-22-2018, 09:06 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I have a better chance finding a 991.2 gt3 than a 991.2 c4gts right now
Old 09-09-2018, 01:44 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Wow 43 pdks 2018 GT3s for sale right now on Autotrader!
Old 09-09-2018, 02:29 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Either flippers or rs buyers dumping for the different cars.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:52 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 707 Likes on 516 Posts

Anyone have count on manuals...over 30 last week....cars are getting dumped for lots of reasons, some below..

Life changing events
GT3 not a good daily
GT3 too expensive to track and/or daily
GT2 or 3s coming in
GT3 traded for better daily - Turbo/Turbo S
Speculators taking profits now
Buyers limiting losses if paid ADM
Old 09-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

I doubt there are many, if any trading for a turbo. the cost of the turbo is close or more to most gt3's Although i am sure you can get a great deal on a turbo. The turbo is a run of the mill production car. There are so many to choose from. Its a great car, just doubt anyone would be trading for a turbo!
Old 09-09-2018, 05:32 PM
white6speed
Rennlist Member

Received 172 Likes on 97 Posts

I just saw a '17 Turbo S 3K miles with an MSRP OF $225 (clearly a lot of options) go for $160 to a Porsche dealer. No doubt dealer will probably ask$180 or so but that was a hit.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:53 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

As mentioned before, doesn't matter how many for sale now. Grab one, PDK or manual, if you can. Forward about 8-10 years, these will be the desired driver's cars, not necessarily collectors.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:12 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Love buying cars after original owner takes the depreciation hit))) that is my advice to people buying Porsches when they ask about them.

Yes, buying low mileage little used Porsches via CPO is the way I have bought my primarily cars..... All my Porsches have been CPO except for a 993 as the program didn’t exist back then.

Bought a 14 Cayenne GTS, the 95 993, a 2003 C4S and a 17 Turbo S all less than 2 years old in service with less than 10,000 miles each on their odometers. Saved a cumulative $140k via depreciation values. I can say that the Turbo S is quite a good car as my 18 GT3 but for a different focused purpose.

I also bought a 4 year old pristine SL 65 AMG with 17,000 miles for $63k with an original list of 203k and sold it for 50k 5 years later.

There are some great cars out there to sample.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:36 PM
gago1101
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
I also bought a 4 year old pristine SL 65 AMG with 17,000 miles for $63k with an original list of 203k and sold it for 50k 5 years later.

There are some great cars out there to sample.
That is how you buy Benz!

GT Porsches are a little different, but still have their sweet spot. It was mid 2012. I had an opportunity to buy a 2011 997.2 gt3 with 7k miles, cpo car for 97k. Did not do it, but that was the sweet spot for those 997 GT3s. not sure when the sweet spot of the 991.2 will come, but the 991.1 gt3 and the gt3 rs are coming close to it, especially the 991.1 gt3. It is a freaking bargain in the current 911 lineup. Can get a nice 15’ car in the low 120s.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Raghu
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 87 Posts

Way back in March of 2016 I paid a premium to buy my .1 GT3RS that had 34 miles on it. People said wait, don't pay the premium, buy it when the markets cool off. That was 29 months ago. I have enjoyed my .1 RS for 29 months while many were waiting for the markets to cool off and were driving some other cars or looking at Rennlist and other forums pining for the .1 RS for 29 months while I have had a blast in that car. I would most likely have bought some other car that I did not crave for and been disappointed for 29 months not having an RS. Of course, fast forward now and the markets have cooled off somewhat and the car that I paid $25K premium for is now down about $4K below MSRP in the retail market. So was it worth it for me to drive the car 6000 miles over a 29 month period for $29K more ($1K depreciation per month) or would it have been worthwhile for me to have waited 29 months and then got to brag about the fact that I have saved $29K by buying it now? Perhaps trade in whatever else I may have bought (had I not bought the RS then that I wanted 29 months ago) and taken a $30-$50K hit (like a turbo S or turbo) by selling it today and then bragging about the fact that I was finally able to buy a .1 RS under MSRP with 6000 miles that somebody else put on it and looking up its over rev reports and getting a PPI and looking for some dings/scratches on the paint or creases on the LWBS and becoming unhappy with those things as I buy the .1 RS today. All of this just cuz I was not willing to pay ADM for the .1 RS 29 months ago while somebody was enjoying that car.

Moreover, my SA was able to get me a MSRP PTS MT .2 GT3 because I bought the RS from him when he needed to sell it quickly for the premium I paid. I am thankful for the blessings that allow me to have and enjoy the .1 RS and the .2 GT3. It did cross my mind that I could recover the ADM that I paid for the .1 RS if I sold the .2 GT3 and I put the .2 GT3 on the market for 10 days and then better sense prevailed and I took the car off the market.

I shall take the .1 RS to COTA on October 6-7th and have a blast while I am driving the MT .2 GT3 to work every day it is not raining. Although I have an SCCA license I am far from having mastered the art and science of race car driving. If I get to the point that I feel the .1 RS is too slow for me (the chance of that happening is as much as that I may one day fly to Mars) then I can always engage in minor modifications to make it better for me on the track. As I have found out that my Krell KPS 20i CD player, Krell FPB 600 two channel amp, Thiel CS5i speakers, BAT vacuum tube amp and VPI Scout turntable may have gotten old and there may be other technologies that have come out that may be better but to my discerning ears the beautiful music created by my LP collection and HD CD's will not get worse with time just because new technology came out. These have brought me countless hours of satisfaction (since 1998 when I began my love for music) and I have never had to update or upgrade my equipment except for the cables.

There may be a lot of GT3's on the market. MT, PDK, GT3T, .1, .2 ...... No one really knows why they are on the market. It would be presumptuous of me to nail it down to them being flippers or whatever else we may want to call them. However, if you are passionate about driving one of these Porsche NA beautiful GT cars and have the means to buy one of these, then take the plunge and get yourselves one that you like very much. Get one that quickens your heart every time you look at it and gives you an adrenaline surge when you turn the key in the ignition and take it out for a spin and enjoy the sound and the precision and the speed and every thing else that comes with this world class automobile. Enjoy it every day if you can and then who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Old 09-09-2018, 06:56 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your story.......I also drive the wheels off my cars and Porsche is the only brand that can hold up to my driving style after going through various Benz, BMW, Audi, etc...products.

Buying used happens to be my preference and how I manage my budget and spend money on some other stuff.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:01 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by DainLankfordLA
Turbo S drop like a rock in water. Horrible depreciation.
That is for sure. I owned a 991 TTS. I got bored with the car after a couple of months and sold it. Despite the large discount I had negotiated when I purchased it, I still lost my shirt.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:16 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Agree GT3 are different in depreciation as my plan was to hold my GT3 for 2-3 years while it held and then get the CPO Turbo S after initial depreciation. I was not willing to take the huge hit and let the first guy do that on the S and have the car I needed sampling the GT3 in between..
Old 09-09-2018, 07:16 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by Raghu
Way back in March of 2016 I paid a premium to buy my .1 GT3RS that had 34 miles on it. People said wait, don't pay the premium, buy it when the markets cool off. That was 29 months ago. I have enjoyed my .1 RS for 29 months while many were waiting for the markets to cool off and were driving some other cars or looking at Rennlist and other forums pining for the .1 RS for 29 months while I have had a blast in that car. I would most likely have bought some other car that I did not crave for and been disappointed for 29 months not having an RS. Of course, fast forward now and the markets have cooled off somewhat and the car that I paid $25K premium for is now down about $4K below MSRP in the retail market. So was it worth it for me to drive the car 6000 miles over a 29 month period for $29K more ($1K depreciation per month) or would it have been worthwhile for me to have waited 29 months and then got to brag about the fact that I have saved $29K by buying it now? Perhaps trade in whatever else I may have bought (had I not bought the RS then that I wanted 29 months ago) and taken a $30-$50K hit (like a turbo S or turbo) by selling it today and then bragging about the fact that I was finally able to buy a .1 RS under MSRP with 6000 miles that somebody else put on it and looking up its over rev reports and getting a PPI and looking for some dings/scratches on the paint or creases on the LWBS and becoming unhappy with those things as I buy the .1 RS today. All of this just cuz I was not willing to pay ADM for the .1 RS 29 months ago while somebody was enjoying that car.

Moreover, my SA was able to get me a MSRP PTS MT .2 GT3 because I bought the RS from him when he needed to sell it quickly for the premium I paid. I am thankful for the blessings that allow me to have and enjoy the .1 RS and the .2 GT3. It did cross my mind that I could recover the ADM that I paid for the .1 RS if I sold the .2 GT3 and I put the .2 GT3 on the market for 10 days and then better sense prevailed and I took the car off the market.

I shall take the .1 RS to COTA on October 6-7th and have a blast while I am driving the MT .2 GT3 to work every day it is not raining. Although I have an SCCA license I am far from having mastered the art and science of race car driving. If I get to the point that I feel the .1 RS is too slow for me (the chance of that happening is as much as that I may one day fly to Mars) then I can always engage in minor modifications to make it better for me on the track. As I have found out that my Krell KPS 20i CD player, Krell FPB 600 two channel amp, Thiel CS5i speakers, BAT vacuum tube amp and VPI Scout turntable may have gotten old and there may be other technologies that have come out that may be better but to my discerning ears the beautiful music created by my LP collection and HD CD's will not get worse with time just because new technology came out. These have brought me countless hours of satisfaction (since 1998 when I began my love for music) and I have never had to update or upgrade my equipment except for the cables.

There may be a lot of GT3's on the market. MT, PDK, GT3T, .1, .2 ...... No one really knows why they are on the market. It would be presumptuous of me to nail it down to them being flippers or whatever else we may want to call them. However, if you are passionate about driving one of these Porsche NA beautiful GT cars and have the means to buy one of these, then take the plunge and get yourselves one that you like very much. Get one that quickens your heart every time you look at it and gives you an adrenaline surge when you turn the key in the ignition and take it out for a spin and enjoy the sound and the precision and the speed and every thing else that comes with this world class automobile. Enjoy it every day if you can and then who knows what tomorrow will bring.
Great story! I completely agree. I've watched tons of guys here complain at ADM but personally, I decided quickly that I wanted one now and I paid for the new GT3RS coming in January. Yes, I will lose the ADM and probably more, but face it, I lose money on all the cars I buy over time. The loss on these cars even with ADM is small compared to other luxury brands I have experienced. Waiting isn't worth it. Live is too short. Buy and drive.

Quick Reply: So many pdk GT3s for sale