Sponsored by:

Brewster Green GT3 Touring Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 01:25 AM
hsiaochinsan
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Dot23RS
Now we just need to get all of these GT3T guys to actually understand a GT3 with optional wing delete does not make it a 911R, nor does it make anywhere close to as rare.
I have to agree with this as the owner of 911R and just recently sold my touring. The 911R is more emotional and playful.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:24 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Brewster looks great. Mexico may be more common at this point than some of the regular palette colors.

Last edited by Bobby 911; 05-26-2019 at 01:03 AM.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:20 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
very true
But but, they only brought less than 1,000 of them to the US...it has to be a collectible. haha
Old 05-26-2019, 12:42 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 232 Likes on 104 Posts

Hey Lapis, I’m new to posting on the forum; but have followed closely over the years as I’ve had the privilege to enjoy numerous GT cars. I just saw your touring for the first time and it’s amazing! I have an October Speedster allocation that I’ve locked in Mexico, and the R in this thread also initially absolutely knocked my socks off, and was the final influence for me to decide Mexico. I must say your seats and touring is next level. You’ve absolutely nailed it, great work!

Originally Posted by Lapis

On the OP’s 911 R, which is also Mexico Blue, of course I loved the factory houndstooth LWB seats, so had to get those on the Touring as CXX. Despite there being a short-lived option to get those inserts only via CXX for $3555 without having to go all-in for full custom tailored seats, I ultimately caved and went for the full custom tailored CXX seats ($8875 or so, if I recall), which allowed me to also opt for stitching or piping in a color of my choice (Olympic Blue, the only blue piping they have available) instead of the standard black stitching (not piping) the Touring would have otherwise come with on them, and a choice of options for the headrest.

The extra coin for the full custom tailored seats also let me choose whatever leather I would have wanted for the rest of the seats, but I kept them the standard smooth black leather, as going with a brown, for example, might have been a bit too much and may have looked odd unless I started to spend even more to coordinate that with the same color leather on some other bits of the interior trim, which would have made things even pricier.

However, on the headrest, I wanted something special, the Touring script, for which I asked about early and which Porsche Exclusive originally said no. But just couple weeks before it hit the CXX shop they reached out and said yes so I had to quickly decide and choose color for that stitching. If I recall, I think they charged an extra $1100 or so for that special request. Without that extra CXX bit, the only choices for the headrest would have been the embossed Porsche crest (same as standard), the embossed Porsche crest above with the GT3 script embroidered below, or the GT3 script embroidered only.

I went with the Touring chrome trim instead of black, since I liked them silver wheels and other bright work as an accent against the Mexico Blue paint, and I thought the chrome is one thing that sets the Touring apart from other GT3s, which all have black trim (as does the 911 R). For that reason, also went with the standard Xenon headlights, which are silver and whose single eyeball is more classic looking, IMO. Doesn’t hurt that doing so saved anywhere from $800-$2900 vs the other headlight options, which helped offset the cost of the CXX stuff inside.

The wheels are the standard glossy silver, not the Satin Aluminum (basically a white aluminum matte finish) that the OP’s 911 R has. While I do like the satin aluminum wheels, I felt the glossy silver would better compliment the chrome trim.
Old 05-26-2019, 01:28 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks Bubba. Congratulations on the Speedster allocation. I’ll be excited to see it. It will likely be very unique. Seems as though a lot of Speedster buyers are going more muted classic colors... GT Silver, dark metallic blues and greens, black, slate grey, white, etc.

Originally Posted by Bubba Wibs
Hey Lapis, I’m new to posting on the forum; but have followed closely over the years as I’ve had the privilege to enjoy numerous GT cars. I just saw your touring for the first time and it’s amazing! I have an October Speedster allocation that I’ve locked in Mexico, and the R in this thread also initially absolutely knocked my socks off, and was the final influence for me to decide Mexico. I must say your seats and touring is next level. You’ve absolutely nailed it, great work!
Old 05-26-2019, 01:58 AM
Bubba Wibs
Racer

Received 232 Likes on 104 Posts

The silver does look incredible with the heritage pack.... I went slate grey on my GT3, and got a little caught up in “Steve McQueen color”, heritage this and that......

I told myself if I go PTS again; or any special vehicle I purchase- I want something that really gets me excited.

Now that you’ve had your touring for a little while, are you happy with how it all turned out? Anything you’d change? I’m going satin wheels, standard lights, silver stitch as well, very similar spec, but just curious. I’m obviously bias, but you’ve got the nicest spec I’ve seen. Enjoy in good health!
Old 05-26-2019, 02:07 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I still love the color. About the only PTS blue I also love as much is Oslo Blue, which another Smokies GT attendee frok Indiana has on his GT3 Touring and which is gorgeous and more understated than Mexico.

If I were to do anything different if I had it to do over again... maybe the satin aluminum wheels instead of the standard silver. I think they pop even better. I went with the standard silver instead of satin aluminum because I figured the standard silver was a better match to the chrome trim of the Touring Package and standard silver headlights than would be the bright matte finish on the satin aluminum wheels (which Yana correctly described as a “white silver metallic” paint). Nevertheless, those satin aluminum wheels look spectacular against vivid PTS non metallic colors.

I also might have done some different color leather on the seats, too, instead of black. I’ve seen some others who went with browns and they look wonderful, though you’d also need to do so on some of the other interior bits like the arm rests and door cards, which starts to raise the CXX price further.

Regardless I’m really happy the way it all turned out.

Originally Posted by Bubba Wibs
The silver does look incredible with the heritage pack.... I went slate grey on my GT3, and got a little caught up in “Steve McQueen color”, heritage this and that......

I told myself if I go PTS again; or any special vehicle I purchase- I want something that really gets me excited.

Now that you’ve had your touring for a little while, are you happy with how it all turned out? Anything you’d change? I’m going satin wheels, standard lights, silver stitch as well, very similar spec, but just curious. I’m obviously bias, but you’ve got the nicest spec I’ve seen. Enjoy in good health!
Old 06-07-2019, 04:01 PM
jwinebrenner
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gorgeous!
Old 06-26-2019, 01:45 PM
soulsea
Rennlist Member

Received 1,707 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by jwinebrenner
gorgeous!
It really is.
Old 06-26-2019, 01:55 PM
jp884
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 163 Posts

That sure is purdy!
Old 09-30-2019, 03:34 PM
smyers528
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

My two favorite PTS colors, Brewster and Mexico, perfect colors on both the R and the Touring.....
If I ever came across either color on either model I would pull the trigger, congrats gents!
Old 02-04-2022, 09:39 PM
alexk993
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI
I have 992 GT# Touring coming in Brewster Green.... Who did you use for for paint correction & PPF?

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2022, 05:14 PM
Bruce911_
Pro

Received 484 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Dot23RS

Now we just need to get all of these GT3T guys to actually understand a GT3 with optional wing delete does not make it a 911R, nor does it make anywhere close to as rare.
Yes we know the GT3 Touring is inferior to the R. We also know it’s just a GT3 without the wing. I went for a drive this morning in mine and I couldn’t help thinking how I’m missing out on the great driving experience. I guess I will have to deal with understanding what it isn’t and what it is. In the meantime I think I’ll go for another drive and make myself miserable.
The following 3 users liked this post by Bruce911_:
Brian4lev (02-07-2022), Porsche911GTS'16 (02-05-2022), smyers528 (02-09-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 05:21 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce911_
Yes we know the GT3 Touring is inferior to the R. We also know it’s just a GT3 without the wing. I went for a drive this morning in mine and I couldn’t help thinking how I’m missing out on the great driving experience. I guess I will have to deal with understanding what it isn’t and what it is. In the meantime I think I’ll go for another drive and make myself miserable.
Funny. 991.2 Touring was my favorite non-aircooled Porsche I've ever owned. And I've owned a ton. It's special, just is.
The following 3 users liked this post by tstafford:
Bruce911_ (02-05-2022), Porsche911GTS'16 (02-05-2022), smyers528 (02-09-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 05:29 PM
Bruce911_
Pro

Received 484 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
But but, they only brought less than 1,000 of them to the US...it has to be a collectible. haha
Actually it was a little over 700 to the U.S. I can’t believe when I go for a drive I see one on every corner. I don’t care how collectible the car is. I didn’t buy it for that purpose. I bought it to drive and enjoy. Haha!
The following users liked this post:
Porsche911GTS'16 (02-05-2022)

Quick Reply: Brewster Green GT3 Touring Pictures