991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brewster Green GT3 Touring Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 08:32 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfmobil
Both cars have buckets. 911R has SMFW. You can definitely feel how much faster the revs rise and fall on 911R. You can definitely feel the suspension more playful on 911R. And personally I like the noise of the R a lot more. When I drive GT3T I fee like I am driving a really good sports car. When I drive 911R I feel a sense of occasion. I feel like I am driving a very special car.

Back to GT4 and Spyder. In my opinion regardless of the seats Spyder is more fun. I owned both. Spyder has better suspension. No two setups like in GT4. The engineers had to make only one setup right and they nailed it. The tires are narrower and it makes the car more playful. And for obvious reasons it sounds better.
I noticed between GT3.1 gen 1 Cup2 tires and GT3.2 gen 2 michelin a lot of difference,
I guess your R has the older ones?

not a drama setting either the suspensions slightly softer but for my personal taste I will limit at next change to a tires softer compound better suited for street driving

these new cuo2 are killer on track but too much on the street

never tested the R smfw but I prefer the new 4.0liter power torque band over the 991.1 4l one

Last edited by fxz; 08-19-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:46 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats on your GT3 Touring. The Brewster green reminds me of unotaz's 911R, but unotaz's is unique in its own right.

Now we have an unblemished comparison since there had been an endless arguments and debates as to which one is better. Since you own both and have driven and experienced both, your analysis on how you as an owner carries the most weight now as no other have claimed they both own and have driven both. Both cars have its own character and agree and the 911R is a "Special Car."

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Both cars have buckets. 911R has SMFW. You can definitely feel how much faster the revs rise and fall on 911R. You can definitely feel the suspension more playful on 911R. And personally I like the noise of the R a lot more. When I drive GT3T I fee like I am driving a really good sports car. When I drive 911R I feel a sense of occasion. I feel like I am driving a very special car.

Back to GT4 and Spyder. In my opinion regardless of the seats Spyder is more fun. I owned both. Spyder has better suspension. No two setups like in GT4. The engineers had to make only one setup right and they nailed it. The tires are narrower and it makes the car more playful. And for obvious reasons it sounds better.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:00 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 79 Posts

Sweet!
Old 02-08-2019, 11:13 AM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Brewster Green

The exact color I've been looking to buy. Any chance you've thought about selling?
Old 02-08-2019, 11:35 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

The new post alert reminded me of this thread. Since I last posted on it, I received my Mexico Blue GT3 Touring that was inspired by the OP’s 911 R which I’d lusted after since seeing it in pics and videos over a year ago.

I bought aftermarket 911 R style side stripes but decided to leave them off for now after seeing how it looked in the first pics from photographer Greg Castell who works at the dealership (Beachwood/Cleveland). Pics below.

Re: GT3 Touring v 981 Spyder, I still love the Spyder. GT3 of course way more powerful and has more grip. New 4.0L in GT3 Touring is also a lot louder and has a tenor drone in the mid rev range that can be a bit annoying IMO, but easy to avoid by cruising in higher gears.

981 Spyder, on other hand, just purrs along a low to mid revs and develops a great higher pitched raspy wail as you start to push it harder. I think I prefer its sound to the new GT3 (blasphemy, I know).

Steering wise, the GT3 certainly is more direct with that go kart on rails feel, which I suppose has a lot to do with its rear wheel steering setup that the Spyder lacks. But Spyder steering is also great given how light the car is and how tight the steering ratio is on it vs other Caymans and Boxsters.

Spyder with its single setting suspension rides a little more softly that Touring, even in Touring’s standard shock setting. But Touring’s suspension is by no means punishing. In fact it feels very well damped and “rubbery”, which is a good thing. I’ve heard in reviews that 911 R is a bit softer suspension than GT3, so I imagine it might feel a little closer to the softer ride of the Spyder, which is maybe what you (and others) mean by describing it as “more playful”(?). I suppose if that’s true, I would like that about the 911 R.

In terms of engine on the new GT3 Touring vs the 991.1 GT3, RS and R, I think I preferred the way the older engine sounds, which is more high pitched with almost a whistle sound as it quickly revved.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:57 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by MattDFW
The exact color I've been looking to buy. Any chance you've thought about selling?
Good chance as OP has listed several of his cars for sale here on RL lately.
Old 02-08-2019, 01:02 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 176 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
The new post alert reminded me of this thread. Since I last posted on it, I received my Mexico Blue GT3 Touring that was inspired by the OP’s 911 R which I’d lusted after since seeing it in pics and videos over a year ago.

I bought aftermarket 911 R style side stripes but decided to leave them off for now after seeing how it looked in the first pics from photographer Greg Castell who works at the dealership (Beachwood/Cleveland). Pics below.

Re: GT3 Touring v 981 Spyder, I still love the Spyder. GT3 of course way more powerful and has more grip. New 4.0L in GT3 Touring is also a lot louder and has a tenor drone in the mid rev range that can be a bit annoying IMO, but easy to avoid by cruising in higher gears.

981 Spyder, on other hand, just purrs along a low to mid revs and develops a great higher pitched raspy wail as you start to push it harder. I think I prefer its sound to the new GT3 (blasphemy, I know).

Steering wise, the GT3 certainly is more direct with that go kart on rails feel, which I suppose has a lot to do with its rear wheel steering setup that the Spyder lacks. But Spyder steering is also great given how light the car is and how tight the steering ratio is on it vs other Caymans and Boxsters.

Spyder with its single setting suspension rides a little more softly that Touring, even in Touring’s standard shock setting. But Touring’s suspension is by no means punishing. In fact it feels very well damped and “rubbery”, which is a good thing. I’ve heard in reviews that 911 R is a bit softer suspension than GT3, so I imagine it might feel a little closer to the softer ride of the Spyder, which is maybe what you (and others) mean by describing it as “more playful”(?). I suppose if that’s true, I would like that about the 911 R.

In terms of engine on the new GT3 Touring vs the 991.1 GT3, RS and R, I think I preferred the way the older engine sounds, which is more high pitched with almost a whistle sound as it quickly revved.

Where are the pictures?
Old 02-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Old 02-08-2019, 01:33 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5,134 Likes on 2,892 Posts

That looks great!
Old 02-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

On the OP’s 911 R, which is also Mexico Blue, of course I loved the factory houndstooth LWB seats, so had to get those on the Touring as CXX. Despite there being a short-lived option to get those inserts only via CXX for $3555 without having to go all-in for full custom tailored seats, I ultimately caved and went for the full custom tailored CXX seats ($8875 or so, if I recall), which allowed me to also opt for stitching or piping in a color of my choice (Olympic Blue, the only blue piping they have available) instead of the standard black stitching (not piping) the Touring would have otherwise come with on them, and a choice of options for the headrest.

The extra coin for the full custom tailored seats also let me choose whatever leather I would have wanted for the rest of the seats, but I kept them the standard smooth black leather, as going with a brown, for example, might have been a bit too much and may have looked odd unless I started to spend even more to coordinate that with the same color leather on some other bits of the interior trim, which would have made things even pricier.

However, on the headrest, I wanted something special, the Touring script, for which I asked about early and which Porsche Exclusive originally said no. But just couple weeks before it hit the CXX shop they reached out and said yes so I had to quickly decide and choose color for that stitching. If I recall, I think they charged an extra $1100 or so for that special request. Without that extra CXX bit, the only choices for the headrest would have been the embossed Porsche crest (same as standard), the embossed Porsche crest above with the GT3 script embroidered below, or the GT3 script embroidered only.

I went with the Touring chrome trim instead of black, since I liked them silver wheels and other bright work as an accent against the Mexico Blue paint, and I thought the chrome is one thing that sets the Touring apart from other GT3s, which all have black trim (as does the 911 R). For that reason, also went with the standard Xenon headlights, which are silver and whose single eyeball is more classic looking, IMO. Doesn’t hurt that doing so saved anywhere from $800-$2900 vs the other headlight options, which helped offset the cost of the CXX stuff inside.

The wheels are the standard glossy silver, not the Satin Aluminum (basically a white aluminum matte finish) that the OP’s 911 R has. While I do like the satin aluminum wheels, I felt the glossy silver would better compliment the chrome trim.
Old 02-08-2019, 02:27 PM
MattDFW
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobby 911
Good chance as OP has listed several of his cars for sale here on RL lately.
What is the best way to contact? I'm new to the forum have attempted to send a PM without success. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by MattDFW; 02-08-2019 at 02:27 PM. Reason: wording
Old 02-08-2019, 03:41 PM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 824 Likes on 269 Posts

That is a good looking green! Congrats!
Old 02-25-2019, 06:16 PM
Jerseyman2222000
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Want to sell?
Old 02-25-2019, 11:55 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

If I ever get a GT3, it will be Brewster!!
Old 02-26-2019, 12:39 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Now we just need to get all of these GT3T guys to actually understand a GT3 with optional wing delete does not make it a 911R, nor does it make anywhere close to as rare.

Quick Reply: Brewster Green GT3 Touring Pictures