Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official .2GT3RS picture thread. Post pic of your .2GT3RS here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 12:23 AM
Derek RS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 20 Posts

GT3RS-Fan1 the WP looks good congrats!
Old 08-19-2018, 12:32 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Thank you for your kind words TRAKCAR. I hope you get your GT3RS soon as I have a feeling this 991.2 is at least slightly better (at a minimum) than the 991.1. Still have to put on some miles for initial driving impressions.

Speaking of initial impression, on the exposed carbon fiber hood, I wish Porsche made those NACA air ducts also in carbon fiber. The plastic air ducts doesn't blend well with the carbon fiber hood. Also in the interior, there is no more "GT3RS" stitching on the rear trunk tunnel. The carpet without a doubt is thinner and actually look cheaper than the 991.1 More observations later on.

Not to hijack this thread, that GT2RS is an BEAST! When you hit the button to open the exhaust valves, boy that is loud and the drone is obvious. I will post on the GT2RS initial feedback but I have to say it is very drivable (GT2RS), but I already know as fast and as quick the GT2RS is, it can get me into trouble just as quick. Let me just say to describe in one word, the GT2RS is "Effortless."

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Look forward to the little detail differences!
Old 08-19-2018, 12:36 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Thank you for your kind words Derek RS. I simply like the looks and lightness of carbon fiber. It may be miniscule in terms of adding performance, but nevertheless the lightness will still contribute towards performance. Well, we go around once so might as go for it!

I like your Miami Blue GT2RS. Give me some time and will post my GT2RS later.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Derek RS
GT3RS-Fan1 the WP looks good congrats!
Old 08-19-2018, 01:03 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Thank you for your kind words TRAKCAR. I hope you get your GT3RS soon as I have a feeling this 991.2 is at least slightly better (at a minimum) than the 991.1. Still have to put on some miles for initial driving impressions.

Speaking of initial impression, on the exposed carbon fiber hood, I wish Porsche made those NACA air ducts also in carbon fiber. The plastic air ducts doesn't blend well with the carbon fiber hood. Also in the interior, there is no more "GT3RS" stitching on the rear trunk tunnel. The carpet without a doubt is thinner and actually look cheaper than the 991.1 More observations later on.

Not to hijack this thread, that GT2RS is an BEAST! When you hit the button to open the exhaust valves, boy that is loud and the drone is obvious. I will post on the GT2RS initial feedback but I have to say it is very drivable (GT2RS), but I already know as fast and as quick the GT2RS is, it can get me into trouble just as quick. Let me just say to describe in one word, the GT2RS is "Effortless."

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Thanks.
i have plenty of warranty left so not in a rush for the new one, but Porsche always polished them up nicely, even if the performance difference is all in the details.

AP mentioned in an interview that the rear cabin missed embroidered Alcantara and less sound deadening gaining 3KG if I remember right.

Yes the lower body, cheap plastic is the track wash and wear charm of GT cars.
But specially on the WP GT2RS it seems a bit out of place because the car is pretty exotic / Super car looking.
Away from flying rubber and stones they could have pretties it up a bit instead of the cheap plastic.
im sure someone will make the pieces or maybe paint them?

Effortless because all that torque, less screaming of the engine.
PDK better helps also.

i barely let the front and rear axle move around and the car is very easily placed. This was slow on an exit ramp.
But I launched it from 0-125 and it felt and sounded like 0-75, in about the same amount of time as a 3RS LOL.

So yeah, widow maker for different reason, an inexperienced driver will be able to get into trouble super fast.
One of those cars so capable and so good that you don’t realize speed. When you overtake on a 2 lane, you better have field of vision for about a mile if you’re going to floor it :-)

Old 08-19-2018, 01:08 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

GT3RSFan: Yellow Jacket is stunning.

Wow.

👍
Old 08-19-2018, 01:32 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

All valid points TRAKCAR. Since you're an instructor your tip on field of vision for about 1/2 mile is on target. When I say effortless it doesn't take a lot and a very few seconds, you are way over the speed limit and it feels like you are just "jabbing" it a little. Speed is not an issue with GT2RS, its got plenty. To me it is a question of, does the driver have the skill set to exploit its full potential. Frankly, this car relatively new driving it, is a LOT of car for my skill set. LMAO.

I get it that putting inexpensive plastic on the lower body parts is cost effective. Rocks, loose gravel, hitting those lower body panels. But then again if I compare the cost difference between the GT2RS and Turbo S Exclusive Series there is significant cost difference. There's more aesthetic carbon fiber parts on the Turbo S Exclusive Series such as running board, rear diffuser, etc. This is considering the GT2RS is not cheap by 911 cost price point.

Well, there will be after market parts for carbon fiber, just give it time. However when you start changing the plastic pieces to carbon fiber there are many plastic parts to change. The air vents on the front fender, the side intakes, otherwise it would look tacky if you piece meal changing some and not all IMO.

This GT2RS is really a race car with license plates as Dr. Walliser have stated to Nico Rosberg when he visited Weissach. Anyone who will own this GT2RS have better respect for this car. Even though it has built in nannies, I call this the modern "Widow Maker."

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Thanks.
i have plenty of warranty left so not in a rush for the new one, but Porsche always polished them up nicely, even if the performance difference is all in the details.

AP mentioned in an interview that the rear cabin missed embroidered Alcantara and less sound deadening gaining 3KG if I remember right.

Yes the lower body, cheap plastic is the track wash and wear charm of GT cars.
But specially on the WP GT2RS it seems a bit out of place because the car is pretty exotic / Super car looking.
Away from flying rubber and stones they could have pretties it up a bit instead of the cheap plastic.
im sure someone will make the pieces or maybe paint them?

Effortless because all that torque, less screaming of the engine.
PDK better helps also.

i barely let the front and rear axle move around and the car is very easily placed. This was slow on an exit ramp.
But I launched it from 0-125 and it felt and sounded like 0-75, in about the same amount of time as a 3RS LOL.

So yeah, widow maker for different reason, an inexperienced driver will be able to get into trouble super fast.
One of those cars so capable and so good that you don’t realize speed. When you overtake on a 2 lane, you better have field of vision for about a mile if you’re going to floor it :-)

Old 08-19-2018, 01:36 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Thank you Waxer. Yours is Guards red correct? A friend of mine has one and his I call his GT3RS, a Fire Ball. The red combined with the black carbon fiber and tidbits is HOT!

I was either going Guards Red or Racing Yellow.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Waxer

Wow.

👍
Old 08-19-2018, 05:08 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

They are both Stunning ........but I Do love the Yellow..WOW
Old 08-19-2018, 10:45 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Thank you Waxer. Yours is Guards red correct? A friend of mine has one and his I call his GT3RS, a Fire Ball. The red combined with the black carbon fiber and tidbits is HOT!

I was either going Guards Red or Racing Yellow.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Thanks.
Didn’t think of Fireball. Like it but someone else grabbed it first.

Was as a Marvel/DC comic fan as a kid. We have names for all our cars in this family!

New RS name is Ironman. 😎 See Avatar 👍
Old 08-19-2018, 11:38 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Wow.

👍
+1 love the yellow/black combo!
Old 08-19-2018, 11:40 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

On a related note for those with impending arrivals, my dealer didn't have any clear markers in stock for the RS, I just ordered through suncoast and they're back ordered and expected 9/3, so put your orders in if your dealer doesn't have them in stock!
Old 08-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

I like the yellow-jacket. Mine build is close, but black wheels and steels.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by ajag
On a related note for those with impending arrivals, my dealer didn't have any clear markers in stock for the RS, I just ordered through suncoast and they're back ordered and expected 9/3, so put your orders in if your dealer doesn't have them in stock!
thanks for the heads up 👍
will order today
Old 08-19-2018, 02:42 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Thank you.

Originally Posted by ajag
+1 love the yellow/black combo!
It was toss up for me, but was drawn by the newness of the ARUM wheels. Congrats on your incoming BUMBLEBEE.
Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I like the yellow-jacket. Mine build is close, but black wheels and steels.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:35 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Pics before dropping off fr PPF and tint, will do red alloygators after.

Quick Reply: Official .2GT3RS picture thread. Post pic of your .2GT3RS here!