Best roll cage for GT3 991.2

Old 07-10-2019, 01:05 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by LandShark View Post
It might be answered before, but is the half cage design like GMG's RSR a good one in terms of DE safety? I've been looking for a cage but really don't want to lost much of the rear space since I drive to track, sometimes a good 5hrs drive to VIR with a weekend worth of craps (clothes, ez up, etc.). Therefore, I would like to have the rear space for hauling stuffs on a longer/weekend trip.

https://shop.gmgracing.com/collectio...arness-rollbar
You are losing some important structural elements of a roll bar with the RSR. The upside is that you will be able to mount harnesses, while still being able to pack for a track weekend.

[email protected]
www.gmgracing.com

facebook | twitter | youtube

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport Ś Audi Sport Customer Racing Ś Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 07-11-2019, 12:04 AM
Mech33
Super User

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Yargk View Post
Thanks mech33 for your contributions to this thread (and general facts based discussions of products for GT cars.) I have a Cantrell bar in my GT4 and like the bend at the top and measurements of the fit of all bars are helpful.
Always happy to pass along my learnings.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:50 AM
SToronto
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed the Competition Motorsports bar, fit and finish is great. Somebody previously mentioned a slight visibility concern with the top bar in the centre. There is now a slight bend there. No visibility issues.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:31 PM
kyrocks
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto View Post
Installed the Competition Motorsports bar, fit and finish is great. Somebody previously mentioned a slight visibility concern with the top bar in the centre. There is now a slight bend there. No visibility issues.
Agree. I have that bar on my GT3 and GT3 RS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: