Sponsored by:

GT3 vs 488

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 09:19 AM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Yeah, the FGT is a keeper for me. Wonderful car in every respect. I know I would regret letting it go. Last of the true mt analogue American supercars. Their values have plateaued but I think they will be on the rise in the future.
Definitely don't let that FGT go! Long term value can only trend up.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
Definitely don't let that FGT go! Long term value can only trend up.
Flame suit on: I think the fgt is one of coolest/most uniquely designed cars ever, from a visual perspective. It is a stunner visually and has universal appeal. I think it feels like a super-charged mid-2000's mustang from behind the wheel. The drive experience is ho-hum imo. And it's not that hard to get one back in the US. There are quite a few. One day, if I have a big **** garage that can display eye candy on wheels, an FGT might find its way there. It might the only car I've ever sold that I might get back, but again, not because I put it anywhere in the top quartile of drive experience for the price bracket it trades in. Because it's crazy cool example of American muscle.
Old 09-08-2018, 09:48 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Yet when you look at lap times the .2 GT3RS makes the 488 look pedestrian and the .2 GT3 matches it. That’s NA 6s vs. TT V8.

Theres life beyond striaght away acceleration torque.
That's why I have a few cup cars :-) And, if the 488 had a proper width front tire, and the same tire, I think I would be about as fast around a track in that as the RS. The acceleration difference is staggering and with same tires the lateral loads would be almost the same. GT3 would be better braking I think.
Old 09-21-2018, 11:39 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I have had my new 488 for about a month now and love it. Had it on the track two times and the performance is amazing. Having been racing spec racer ford for 24 years, I do not miss a manual transmission. I was playing briefly with a '16? RS (it has the vents on top of front tires) and we were pretty equal in the turns, but on the straight, he got smaller in the mirror. Was working my way to the faster performance settings but did not have time to try CT. My pressures were too high and am looking forward to starting out with lower pressures. Unfortunately, our city park will not be available until next spring for additional testing :-(

Quick Reply: GT3 vs 488