Sponsored by:

So many manual GT3's for sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 08:37 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Let’s face it, this was a BS thread started on an anecdotal glimpse at some cars for sale on a website. No one should be drawing any conclusions from the title or the ‘data’ presented.
totally ... trolls and haters on the GT3 manual and especially the Touring
Old 09-08-2018, 09:44 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Let’s face it, this was a BS thread started on an anecdotal glimpse at some cars for sale on a website.
Bingo ^^^^
Old 09-09-2018, 02:54 AM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/p...ch-package/#/6

Maybe more sales is now happening after many owners realizing it really is as Preuninger say: It is not good, and it doesn't make any sense either.

Last edited by manolis; 09-09-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:04 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

^^ in that article it says WP carpet is lighter. Can anyone confirm?
Old 09-09-2018, 09:34 AM
manolis
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ in that article it says WP carpet is lighter. Can anyone confirm?
Only way to check up is to pull out carpet from WP and non WP to measure but what owner will do that really? He say it is grams not kilos. But on gearbox they will appease minority only the soft GT versions. I mean a GT car without rear aero is already losing enough sense really lol. These are for the real lightweights.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:25 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
Who is driving in traffic, are people actually driving any of these cars as a daily driver? It would be rare to see a GT car with 20k on it. So year after year we all see cars with little to no milage on them. My guess would be a lot of buyers don't drive the car the way it was intended. I would hate it to in down town NY in traffic everyday. Its not suppose to be that kind of car. The arguments are the exact reason we see no milage GT cars for sale, and even used 2004 996, all 997, and 991.1 gens with less than 10k on them. so 14 year old cars with no milage. Seems like the trend is more than a few years, its a few decades. I really don't care if anyone drives it or not, I care that PCAR keeps making manual cars.
Um...that would be me. I drive my GT3 nearly everyday to work. My 2015 GT3 had nearly 17000 miles on it in just 20 months. Considering I live in Michigan and don't drive the car from mid-December through late March, and the fact that my work is only 8 miles away; I've driven it a lot. My 2018 GT3 has 2700 miles on it already. Considering I now spread my mileage between it and a 2018 488GTB, I would say I'm making pretty good headway.

I would say that for the typical daily commute, the PDK was just plain boring for me. Sure on the track or those rare times when I make a right turn and there's a good open stretch of road to appreciate that 9000 RPM shift, it was just awesome...just too rare to find such an instance in my situation. Also, since I already had experienced the PDK, I decided to try the manual for the .2 GT3. I'll say that the 991 in general is such a softer car that unless you have a GT-variant, a standard Carrera/S/Turbo etc. is very much like owning an M3, C63, RS4, etc. A 991 GT3 is more of a proper sports car and I find it absolutely easy to drive it everywhere, everyday.

Moreover, and I've said this so many times, there will ALWAYS be a better PDK Porsche. They may not be a better Manual Porsche much longer. Try the manual. You can always go back to a PDK in a better future Porsche model.

Finally, this review of the manual GT3 agrees with my sentiments completely...

Old 09-09-2018, 11:41 AM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Um...that would be me. I drive my GT3 nearly everyday to work. My 2015 GT3 had nearly 17000 miles on it in just 20 months. Considering I live in Michigan and don't drive the car from mid-December through late March, and the fact that my work is only 8 miles away; I've driven it a lot. My 2018 GT3 has 2700 miles on it already. Considering I now spread my mileage between it and a 2018 488GTB, I would say I'm making pretty good headway.

I would say that for the typical daily commute, the PDK was just plain boring for me. Sure on the track or those rare times when I make a right turn and there's a good open stretch of road to appreciate that 9000 RPM shift, it was just awesome...just too rare to find such an instance in my situation. Also, since I already had experienced the PDK, I decided to try the manual for the .2 GT3. I'll say that the 991 in general is such a softer car that unless you have a GT-variant, a standard Carrera/S/Turbo etc. is very much like owning an M3, C63, RS4, etc. A 991 GT3 is more of a proper sports car and I find it absolutely easy to drive it everywhere, everyday.

Moreover, and I've said this so many times, there will ALWAYS be a better PDK Porsche. They may not be a better Manual Porsche much longer. Try the manual. You can always go back to a PDK in a better future Porsche model.

Finally, this review of the manual GT3 agrees with my sentiments completely...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaUCdAdaaj8
thank you for sharing
Old 09-09-2018, 12:01 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by heaven_inc
Is it weird that are so many manual GT3's for sale? eBay has 20 cars for sale (2018 GT3's) with only 5 PDK's. Is there something we are missing or are the manuals not as great as all the hype was?

Even here, so many people are "trading up" their beloved manuals for RS's which IMHO are not THAT much different form a PDK GT3. I mean its essentially the same engine, very few people can really extract the performance difference - so it has to be either the looks, gearbox or the rarity/value of the RS that draws people in...

Any people who traded up to an RS care to chime in?

Between all of the Tourings + Manual GT3's, the PDK may actually end up as a rarer car...

17 911 R’s plus 3 listed on Rennlist not on DuPont ... wow !!
Old 09-09-2018, 12:51 PM
BCMgunner
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

I went with the manual GT3 for its connection to the original 911s and the original RS/R. Of the current entire line of 911s, it’s the closest IMO.

Pull the radio out and keep the windows down... now we’re getting closer.

Quick Reply: So many manual GT3's for sale