Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No more GT3RS WP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

That must frustrate the hell out of you guys at least we can easily get clubsport option down under ...tick the box and done ..
Old 08-04-2018, 08:21 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

Its insulting that it’s not even possible to do so.

we should start a petition from actual, real GT owners.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:27 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Must be some kind of online app we can sign with VIN number, purchase date and name?

Not a lawyer but I do pay a lot of them and I just can’t understand how they think it will be cheaper to settle if someone crashes the car and gets hurt without CS equipment on track, as advertised being its intended use VS someone getting hurt using the car on the road because of the bar?

With selling it, they can have profit, signed waivers and disclaimers, etc.
Without selling it negligence?
Old 08-04-2018, 10:17 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Seems hard to believe? If so, I wonder why?
The take rate on WP was much higher than expected. Suppliers will never meet demand through June 2019. I’m surprised they didn’t see this coming with the 90% take rate on the 2RS.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:32 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,798 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Yeah they knew it would have been high seeing the demand for it on the GT2RS. Where there only so many of those WP bits that could be made over the life of the production?
Old 08-04-2018, 11:46 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Didn't order it so I am not too worried about it. To expensive per pound of weight lost IMO.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

It’s a test.

It went like this in the meeting:

“Our profit margin is off the scales! Unbelievable what our customers will pay to get less, even if it neuters a perfectly good track car, crazy, nein?
Now let’s see how far we can push these nutters and find out how much money there’s stuck with nowhere to go and delete a few of these standard lightening parts that actually make the car faster and than we make those not available as individual optios that only dealers pick, no, no, they can only have the good, new stuff as part of a super special package. But make sure it’s very visual for Hans over at marketing and let’s find out what happens when we charge 10% of the value of the entire car to see how much room we have to go up. Maybe 25% of them will fall for it??!!”

Asked and answered.

Actual needed Clubsport package we delete for US?
Hah! F@ck ‘em!!

Old 08-05-2018, 12:53 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

A waiver will not work.

Because while you the owner (say, Trakcar) signs off on the waiver, what if Trakcar's best friend takes it for a ride? Or his buddy decides to do a lap at Sebring? The waivers do not, and cannot, apply to those individuals. That's the kicker.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:02 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

M4 managed it. Pad the bars and do one extra crash test? I'd love the folders as well but that seems to also asking too much.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:21 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signes
M4 managed it. Pad the bars and do one extra crash test? I'd love the folders as well but that seems to also asking too much.
The M4 GTS managed it because it was limited production car. Something like 405 imported to the U.S.

So if you are willing to have PAG limit the GT3 RS to 400 cars for the U.S. in exchange for a Clubsport pkg / factory rollbar ....
Old 08-05-2018, 01:46 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

How does production volume have anything to do with it? Serious question. I'm not aware of volume-based exemption for occupant safety as defined by the govt...)
Old 08-05-2018, 02:04 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signes
How does production volume have anything to do with it? Serious question. I'm not aware of volume-based exemption for occupant safety as defined by the govt...)
I'm not a NHTSA or DOT lawyer, but this is what a colleague explained to me about exemptions for low volume imports. You can petition for an exemption if the volume in question does not exceed certain threshholds.

Of coruse, individuals can also petition to import non-conforming vehicles on a one-on-one basis use RI.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:38 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Cage is non-conforming. Lobby the .gov.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:05 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
A waiver will not work.

Because while you the owner (say, Trakcar) signs off on the waiver, what if Trakcar's best friend takes it for a ride? Or his buddy decides to do a lap at Sebring? The waivers do not, and cannot, apply to those individuals. That's the kicker.
OK, thanks, but how does Dodge do it with the Demon for the drag race only parts in a crate?
Chevy and Vipers come with parts that a customer needs to buy separately and attach at the track for off road use only?

Porsche at least should sell the parts, just like the other companies.
Hell, what could be the reason that they refuse to sell the bars even in Germany??
Leave it to us to Import and install them!

A local shop has bars and full cages on the way to the US now, but why make use go via via and jump through all these hoops? And there are companies that now 100% copy Porsche’s roll bars as well.

I would love to see it confirmed that BMW is able to do it by petitioning for approval based on low volume.
Maybe they just took the trouble to design it away from the seats/added padding?

Porsche can’t deny that they advertise the cars for track use with roll bars and that 90% of the cars at the track have a roll bar. Some are 100% copies of the original.

Old 08-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

OK, thanks, but how does Dodge do it with the Demon for the drag race only parts in a crate?
Chevy and Vipers come with parts that a customer needs to buy separately and attach at the track for off road use only?

Porsche at least should sell the parts, just like the other companies.
Hell, what could be the reason that they refuse to sell the bars even in Germany??
Leave it to us to Import and install them!

A local shop has bars and full cages on the way to the US now, but why make use go via via and jump through all these hoops? And there are companies that now 100% copy Porsche’s roll bars as well.

I would love to see it confirmed that BMW is able to do it by petitioning for approval based on low volume.
Maybe they just took the trouble to design it away from the seats/added padding?

Porsche can’t deny that they advertise the cars for track use with roll bars and that 90% of the cars at the track have a roll bar. Some are 100% copies of the original.

This^

Although I couldn’t get the WP as it was not available for July orders I would not have ticked that box for $18k when they were not even giving me the titanium roll bar that the same $18k gets you in Europe and elsewhere. That’s at least a $5k+ item you don’t get but they still get the same $18k. Was told you can’t buy it separately either . WTF.

Maybe their still pissed at us about that little WWII thing?

DOTs rational is the same for a caged race car. Not street legal as the bars are hard point that can cause injury to passengers. People don’t wear helmets on the street . That’s how they
see it .

Quick Reply: No more GT3RS WP!!!