Sponsored by:

Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 04:06 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Finally astute people are being honest about this game. Let me know if I have the steps correct. I'm sure the ordering of the steps change, dependent on, well anything at all, because what good is a game that has fixed and determinable rules. Notice the coincidence to the # of steps.

1. Get car at MSRP
2. Tell everyone on RL that they got car at MSRP
3. Tell everyone on RL the secret Coke formula to getting car at MSRP
4. Secret Coke formula has poignant metaphors like "establish a relationship with your dealer", "go to lots of events your dealer sponsors", "service your cars at the dealer (see point 7 below), "be a good guy"
5. Spec car precisely to your desire, 99% motivated by what the dealer will later be able to market and sell car
6. Remind everyone on RL that only true drivers should get cars and only the super duper bestest car people should get cars at MSRP
7. Drive (stare at) car for 6 months
8. Give (sell) car to dealer for MSRP
9. Remind RL that cars are not depreciating assets and should be driven for free
10. Move/Divorce/Kids/New business opportunity/Pizza forces sale
11.Get next GT car at MSRP
12. Remind everyone on RL that all of the above was done with good intentions, fair business practices, and worthy of accolade and praise
Q. Encourage the rest of the Porsche community to drink heavily because it makes the tears taste less bitter.
OR.....

1. Get car at MSRP
2. Spend 8 hours first weekend on the back-roads

Old 08-02-2018, 04:11 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
OR.....

1. Get car at MSRP
2. Spend 8 hours first weekend on the back-roads
I think many, myself included, would do that if given the opportunity. Alas, you must have a different set of rules to this game. Please share!

Old 08-02-2018, 04:36 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Nice color. Car looks good.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:07 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Actually, I think he's referring to this game:

Buy the car at MSRP. Register it at a POB in Montana, pay no taxes/registration. list it for $25k over MSRP after three months of ownership, split the profits with the original seller.

Great Job Martin!
Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
Nice to see I'm not the only one who sees through Martin's smoke and mirrors.

"I LOVE CARS AND HATE BS!" Lol you just can't make this **** up.

But it doesn't matter. He'll cry and whine to the mods and get this thread edited or removed, just like he has in the past. There is just no end to his hypocrisy. It's no wonder why several of RL's best members don't post here any longer.

Just to clear up any criticism with the way Martin buys his cars..

Martin came to me a few years ago and contacted me about buying cars and not just GT cars, he knew that we sell our cars for Only MSRP to our good clients that have
history with us and have made several purchases. Martin new the game and in order to get on that list for future cars he needed to buy a few cars that he was going to buy from anyone
but wanted to create a stable relationship when he couldn't find one with other dealers near him. Martin has purchased close to $1,000,000 in cars with me that range from GT3RS's, Cayennes, Macans,
and a 2011 4.0 GT3RS to name a few.. The agreement we have as I imagine most others do in this position with their prospective dealers is that when it comes time to trade or let go of a car then we would get
first rights to it, we have done this numerous times and will continue to do so in good faith as to take care of each other when buying or selling.

As Martin stated, he was not driving the car enough and it didn't make sense to hold on to it so I made him a fair offer on it with the proceeds going to his new .2 GT3 RS which is currently in production.

Pretty cut and dry situation as if it matters much..

Thanks for the continued relationship Martin

John
Old 08-02-2018, 05:11 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I don’t see the issue at all. Pay adm directly or indirectly help the dealer by purchasing other cars. Lots of people change cars frequently. Etc. Seems like a great build and GLWTS.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:15 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

No harm, no foul...Martin maintains his solid relationship with his dealer (w/ a .2 GT3RS on the way), dealer gets a beautifully spec'ed car to sell and someone will end up buying a wonderful .2 GT3 w/ 6MT. All above board if you ask me, but who's asking...
Old 08-02-2018, 05:16 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Why the anger at Martin here?

After he paid tax he's not looking for a killing...I've seen dealers ask a lot more.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:20 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
Just to clear up any criticism with the way Martin buys his cars..

Martin came to me a few years ago and contacted me about buying cars and not just GT cars, he knew that we sell our cars for Only MSRP to our good clients that have
history with us and have made several purchases. Martin new the game and in order to get on that list for future cars he needed to buy a few cars that he was going to buy from anyone
but wanted to create a stable relationship when he couldn't find one with other dealers near him. Martin has purchased close to $1,000,000 in cars with me that range from GT3RS's, Cayennes, Macans,
and a 2011 4.0 GT3RS to name a few.. The agreement we have as I imagine most others do in this position with their prospective dealers is that when it comes time to trade or let go of a car then we would get
first rights to it
, we have done this numerous times and will continue to do so in good faith as to take care of each other when buying or selling.

As Martin stated, he was not driving the car enough and it didn't make sense to hold on to it so I made him a fair offer on it with the proceeds going to his new .2 GT3 RS which is currently in production.

Pretty cut and dry situation as if it matters much..

Thanks for the continued relationship Martin

John
John, with all due respect, can you elaborate on the bold part above? What exactly does this mean? I have heard others agreeing to this in good faith but does this mean Martin would sell his car back to you at market price? Below market price? Prior agreed on price? Consignment? Something else?

What if Martin does not agree to the price you are willing to pay? Is he free to sell on his own and continue buying cars at MSRP? How does all of this work? Thanks.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:21 PM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It looks like my twin is moving on to a new owner. I remember when your first posted some pics of the car at the dealership; made the wait for mines even more excruciating. Looking forward to seeing the RS. GLWS!!
Old 08-02-2018, 05:32 PM
ToasterThief
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 100 Posts

John, with all due respect, can you elaborate on the bold part above? What exactly does this mean? I have heard others agreeing to this in good faith but does this mean Martin would sell his car back to you at market price? Below market price? Prior agreed on price? Consignment? Something else?

What if Martin does not agree to the price you are willing to pay? Is he free to sell on his own and continue buying cars at MSRP? How does all of this work? Thanks.
Is there an elephant in the room?
Old 08-02-2018, 05:33 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
I don’t see the issue at all. Pay adm directly or indirectly help the dealer by purchasing other cars. Lots of people change cars frequently. Etc. Seems like a great build and GLWTS.
Originally Posted by Akunob
No harm, no foul...Martin maintains his solid relationship with his dealer (w/ a .2 GT3RS on the way), dealer gets a beautifully spec'ed car to sell and someone will end up buying a wonderful .2 GT3 w/ 6MT. All above board if you ask me, but who's asking...
I concur. Don't see anything wrong with what's going on here. Martin found a way to get cars at MSRP (isn't that something we're all trying to do?), the dealer takes care of a repeat customer (don't we want all dealers to charge MSRP and take care of loyal customers by sacrificing near-term profits, aka ADM?), and dealer gets car back to sell to the next customer (they are in the car SELLING business after all). Seems like a win-win situation here.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:35 PM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

aka 'right of first refusal' - common.
lots of hate. dont get it.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:37 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

By first rights, I mean that he gives us the first opportunity to buy it or trade it back.. While he certainly has the option to not sell or trade with me, he does so be cause one,
I'm going to give him fair value every time and two, because in his mind it's right thing to do, it's a give and take relationship and everyone wins.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:39 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by johnny2five
I concur. Don't see anything wrong with what's going on here. Martin found a way to get cars at MSRP (isn't that something we're all trying to do?), the dealer takes care of a repeat customer (don't we want all dealers to charge MSRP and take care of loyal customers by sacrificing near-term profits, aka ADM?), and dealer gets car back to sell to the next customer (they are in the car SELLING business after all). Seems like a win-win situation here.
EXACTLY
Old 08-02-2018, 05:43 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure why its hard to understand? Sounds like it's like any relationship, business or otherwise. Give and take, trust, etc etc etc. If one party is unhappy with the arrangement, they can end it at any time.

Quick Reply: Saying Goodbye to my Golf Blue .2GT3