Surprise!!! i (might) have the first .2GT3 RS in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2018, 08:19 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
How is it compared to .1 RS?
Going to post about this soon. Want more time in the car. But I feel it's 5% better in all categories except braking which is the same. I could have predicted it being this way. Porsche is smart.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:21 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
If I knew you were going to the country squire we could have met up. I am right up the road.

Hopefully you got some pastries and did not just get gas across the way.
I could have used a coffee!!! It was a long late drive home. But my buddy to took me down in his Lusso kept me busy on the way home. We were traveling at an efficient pace
Old 08-05-2018, 08:22 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Lol +1 - took me a day to get back under control so I could even post in this thread.

Well played AC! I'm still getting bugged by Porsche Exclusive and my dealer for a color on my car now that they cancelled my PTS...
What did you decide on buddy? Congrats on the car!
Old 08-05-2018, 08:23 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
A black WP to tide you over until PTS; not bad, not bad at all.
The struggle is real. Haha
Old 08-05-2018, 08:30 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Everyone for the record I could care less about having the first RS or not. Means absolutely nothing to me. I just thought it was comical how things played out when this car became available and I scooped it up so quickly. I think my title and my reason for posting has been misinterpreted and I want to go on the record as saying having the first one in the country means absolutely nothing to me. I'm just grateful and lucky to have this car and enjoy it. At any point in time. I care about real things like my children's health. My career. Things like that. Not having the first car. Cheers.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Addicted-2-Speed
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
I care about real things like my children's health
+1. In this day of social media prowess, it's nice to see life in its simplicity.

Old 08-05-2018, 08:58 AM
Addicted-2-Speed
Intermediate

He can tattoo that he got the first on his forehead and have a parade celebrating the achievement and it makes no difference to me. It's obviously more important to him
I'm no genius but easy to tell that that gentlemen is doing the best he can to market the heck out of his '19 GT3 RS not only for himself but primarily for his family business. Completely different agenda's going on here but I think most people saw that from the get go...
Old 08-05-2018, 09:13 AM
moyopoyo
Intermediate

It’s amazing to have the first one. Don’t let anyone make it seem like you did something bad for posting. There isn’t enough content on the internet about 991.2 GT3 RS so we got to post it for people to see. I wasn’t originally expecting mine until December so I think we’re both crazy lucky to have had them port at the end of July!

Plus if you weren’t the first one, you couldn’t tell us the car is 5% better. I’m sure most who have one coming were waiting to drive theirs to see if it’s just Porsche marketing that created buzz or if it’s actually a way better car.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:25 AM
moyopoyo
Intermediate

I was surprised to see that you’re the first WP in the country and even you don’t have your correct hood yet. That would likely mean all WP cars coming in will have the same issue. I figured by the time they shipped the first 50 or so cars to the US, they would have the hoods in stock. Luckily they knew the roof was more important to have ready first!
Old 08-05-2018, 09:37 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Like the man said he couldn’t care less about being the first. In fact some were delivered to VIPs I believe back in June.

He nailed whats really important in life which doesn’t include PTS either.

Almost ordered black with arum. Damn! Stunning. It was the high maintenance level of gloss black that kept me away.

I will I’ll say I’m happy about hearing about the 5% improvement over the .1. I was expecting only 4% (20/500=4%).

Last edited by Waxer; 08-05-2018 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:48 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Going to post about this soon. Want more time in the car. But I feel it's 5% better in all categories except braking which is the same. I could have predicted it being this way. Porsche is smart.
Thanks for that

You been here long enough, we know it’s about the fun stuff.
Been laughing about your posts, having the first one is fun and it’s cool for you because enthusiasm, not marketing or ego.
My 2010 happened to be one of the first off the boat, my 2016 was one of the first purples at the Ring and it’s fun to find out for yourself how it compares to previously models first hand, instead of reading about it.

Looks like I won’t see a .2RS until my track event at Sebring September 6th.

Now stop dilly dallying and write it up!!
You can take a few hours, by 4PM would be good.

Not to take anything away from Icebox LLC.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:48 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Congrats AC. glad you are enjoying it.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:47 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome, beautiful color and wheels, well deserved and congratulations.
Looks like your parking situation is better than it used to be, I think.
So happy for you, cheers!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:34 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Awesome, beautiful color and wheels, well deserved and congratulations.
Looks like your parking situation is better than it used to be, I think.
So happy for you, cheers!

Yes better parking, unfortunately it came with some drawbacks in life, all good. Lots of things are out of my control. i do my best.
Old 08-06-2018, 09:41 AM
Tombstone4478
Rennlist Member

I Installed Side muffler deletes last night, i kept the center stock. Its glorious. Just perfect. My green .1 was too loud with center and side deletes. I'm in love with this current setup.

I got to drive the car more last night, and wind it out a little. You can slightly feel the power bump. its a nice bonus. Also the PDK is sharper when working through the gears quickly. and downshifts are glorious. So quick, they are better than before which is hard to imagine. I had the windows down last night and at speeds id rather not publish, the wind buffeting was less than in the .1 but still there. MY car came with the Dunlop Sport Maxx, i was upset at first but i think that's in my head because everyone worships the Cup 2's. I took some of my favorite expressway off ramps at speed and felt confident about the tires. No complaints

More reviews to follow, taking the car out all weekend coming up as i don't have my kids, so i will have tons of seat time. i already cant sleep thinking about it hahah

Quick Reply: Surprise!!! i (might) have the first .2GT3 RS in the USA