Sponsored by:

911 R. Wow

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 07:38 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I tend to not make claims that include "not one person" or "never/ever". Because 99% of the time u r wrong. I have no data on this but I'd be willing to bet you a 911r or t of your choice that someone HAS in fact chosen a T over an R. That being said, they are few and far between.

Statistically true, still looking forward to the individual who's owned both and has chosen the T vs the R at the end of the day...should that day ever come haha.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:48 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

The saltiness towards the R is getting tiring, just let the R be as a great & unique car made by Porsche.... it's not always a competition or a measuring contest...

Every time there is a new R thread, I already know there will be the accompanying nosedive into GT3T vs R lol
Old 08-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

I agree. Why can people simply not accept the R for the great car that it is.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:18 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

The opposite is quite true ... it is a given the 911 R is one the best cars Porsche has ever made ... the issue is the R owners crazy assertions of how big the gap is between the R and GT3T ... it in fact can’t be measured ... beyond the “special” and “limited” it is subjective and preference NOT a default. Some prefer the planted aggressive feel of the GT3T and subtle improvements to the engine and chassis over the SMFW, lightness and many unique qualities of the R ... if R owners mildly stated as preference or opinion of their cars vs the “I owned both and the R is WAY better” foolishness then the Touring owners wouldn’t antagonize argument or show disrespect to these annoying and arrogant postings. The amount of unnecessary technical babble, heralding of credentials and brag of car stables is cringeworthy and embarrassing to rationalize the R as SUPERIOR ... those that are confident and comfortable with R clearly know how special the R is when behind the wheel rather than sitting at a keyboard.

Robert Linton’s yesterday post was an example of respectfulness

Last edited by Brian Himmelman; 08-04-2018 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-04-2018, 08:31 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman
The opposite is quite true ... it is a given the 911 R is one the best cars Porsche has ever made ... the issue is the R owners crazy assertions of how big the gap is between the R and GT3T ... it in fact can’t be measured ... beyond the “special” and “limited” it is subjective and preference NOT a default. Some prefer the planted aggressive feel of the GT3T and subtle improvements to the engine and chassis over the SMFW, lightness and many unique qualities of the R ... if R owners mildly stated as preference or opinion of their cars vs the “I owned both and the R is WAY better” foolishness then the Touring owners wouldn’t antagonize argument or show disrespect to these annoying and arrogant postings. The amount of unnecessary technical babble, heralding of credentials and brag of car stables is cringeworthy and embarrassing to rationalize the R as SUPERIOR ... those that are confident and comfortable with R clearly know how special the R is when behind the wheel rather than sitting at a keyboard.

Robert Linton’s yesterday post was an example of respectfulness

And are you the new member who's in charge of making sure no such SUPERIOR statements are made across any R thread? I'd wager so! Keep fighting the good fight!
Old 08-04-2018, 08:33 PM
JIMMY JAMES
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
I agree. Why can people simply not accept the R for the great car that it is.
Because they don't have one. And are butthurt.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sechsgang
And are you the new member who's in charge of making sure no such SUPERIOR statements are made across any R thread? I'd wager so! Keep fighting the good fight!
new member ... hahaha ... forgot about the seniority on RL ... I think I struck a nerve with a guilty party ; ) what a ��

Last edited by Brian Himmelman; 08-04-2018 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sechsgang
There is not one person who has owned an R and a T that has EVER chosen the T over the R at the end of the day, and many of them paid similar prices for both...but hey, that doesn't matter!
RL member Rich T. did ...

so so much for that loser argument

Old 08-04-2018, 08:40 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

new member ... hahaha ... forgot about the seniority on RL ... I think I struck a nerve with a guilty party ; ) what a ��

There's always one
Old 08-04-2018, 09:33 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Exactly this. As many have stated the GT3 Touring is a very good car although I have never driven one to compare with the 911R. Frankly I do not need to buy, nor drive one as I am happy with my 911R. Let's think about this for a minute. The GT3 Touring was a result of the success made by 911R, pure plain and simple. 911R is THAT GOOD of a car for me. 911R and GT3 Touring are very similar in many ways, yet they are different, thus the differentiation and the hot debate between the two models.

Chris Harris is a good driver and journalist. Fast forward to 2:15 and he says, Porsche couldn't give/sell him one. I would wager had the 911R been available to everyone to procure, there wouldn't be this debate. Having said that, I do enjoy and like my 911R among my other Porsches for the simple reason it is overall a "Fun Car", quick to get up and go, not hard to kick the rear end out, and an engaging car with history.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

LINK:

Originally Posted by JIMMY JAMES
Because they don't have one. And are butthurt.
This^^^ Very well articulated. Buy the one that pleases you the most. I kept the 911R as it brings the best fun car for me.

Originally Posted by mooty
R and T not same
which better? depends who you ask
i drove both , i prefer RS4.0
chris harris and rahals says T is best... one is a journalist the other sells cars and flips cars.
i know both of them and i dont take their words any more seriously than any other person.
but my words are equally as insignificant as there.
buy the one that sings to YOU.

Last edited by GT3RS-Fan1; 08-04-2018 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Added comment.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

The video is 2 years old before the upgraded 911.2 GT3 engine and chassis.. He didn’t get one at MSRP at the time and didn’t’ feel the car is worth current resale vs the epic GT3T he owns ... price was not a concern as he owns many cars worth more the R ... if he wanted an R or felt it were the better of the two he would have it ... his most recent post this week was there is no other car (GT3T) he would rather have ... period ... desperate rebuttal is to downplay him as only a journalist ... wow the arrogance on this forum

The fever at which R owners defend their “investment” and are angry at GT3T Owner’s who have arguably between 95% and 105% of the car at much lower average cost. I don’t think any other Porsche product has ever created such contempt for other owners as a by product of hype, speculators and greed ... real driving enthusiasts appreciate the qualities of both cars

you don’t see the Carrera T owns self righteously positioning their cars above the base car with “magical” descriptions as no “investment” or speculation at play

my apologizes to the very few R owners that understand the two cars are both incredible and have not participated arrogantly in posturing via this forum

Old 08-04-2018, 10:25 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mooty
^ that's why i dont watch utube or read rags.
the only review is to buy the car and drive it yourself.
not for cars, but for other products, i wrote review for rags....
sometimes, well most of the time, we are told what to write.. else.....
and what makes you think a journalist knows more than a non journalist?
yes Trump ... the media is the enemy of the people !!
Old 08-04-2018, 10:39 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

‘No bone in this fight and both cars are great .....but remember the majority of the R owners paid MSRP, and GT3T and some paid ADM so very close in price minus the flips, but MSRP was their number so edge to R for a number collectible for sure. I do think this is a crazy argument because we all are Porsche guys.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maverick787

‘No bone in this fight and both cars are great .....but remember the majority of the R owners paid MSRP, and GT3T and some paid ADM so very close in price minus the flips, but MSRP was their number so edge to R for a number collectible for sure. I do think this is a crazy argument because we all are Porsche guys.
fair comments ... as the R will be garage queen’d by the great majority (except R owners on this forum ; ) lol ... with the limited number of GT3T’s estimated builds to Dec is under 800 worldwide ... add that most GT3T’s are owned by normal people not rich kids of VIP 918’s and will used by the greater majority ... the probably of a super rare number of investment quality GT3T years from now make an interesting argument as to which car will be the truly special car in the future as the number of cars is important than the number on the car ... perhaps the lowly “journalist” Chris Harris knows a little something about cars ? ; )))

Last edited by Brian Himmelman; 08-04-2018 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Update
Old 08-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

fair comments ... as the R will be garage queen’d by the great majority (except R owners on this forum ; ) lol ... with the limited number of GT3T’s estimated builds to Dec is under 800 worldwide ... add that most GT3T’s are owned by normal people not rich kids of VIP 918’s and will used by the greater majority ... the probably of a super rare number of investment quality GT3T years from now make an interesting argument as to which car will be the truly special car in the future as the number of cars is important than the number on the car ... perhaps the lowly “journalist” Chris Harris knows a little something about cars ? ; )))
dont you think it’s a wag to say the majority of GT3T owners are just normal people .......remember these are are close to 200k cars and buyers I would say not normal people(: many of the R owners I know have 10 plus cars and yes I would say they can’t drive them all. Anyway y’all should just enjoy.

Quick Reply: 911 R. Wow