RODOLFO04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Then you should try a set of hoosiers on the RS

the other way, is like running against you

OLD BOSS ON RUNNING SHOES

BUT YOU WEARING A PAIR OF DRESS Shoes

BECAUSE, that was the way you come into the office

I GUESS THE POINT IS TO LET YOUR OLD BOSS ANYWAYS, isnt it?

Last edited by RODOLFO04; 08-01-2018 at 01:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:17 PM
BK77
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

So what's the spread, and where do we place our bets?
Old 08-01-2018, 02:24 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I do, however, want to reiterate the purpose of the test. It was toleave the cars in stock trim and run them like you get them.Any changes would alter the results and bring up additional comments. Anyone lucky enough to get a car and smart enough to drive it will likely drive it in stock trim with maybe some safety additions. That said, I have reached out to Michelin to see if we can get a set of Cup R tires which are the tires used for testing in Europe and likely the tire of choice for DE drivers. James (GMG). I value your opinions a great deal because of your experience and you also know Bryan well enough to know his capabilities. The one thing to consider on the issue of braking, is the 2RS has the Big Ceramics which may help it along with ABS. What I am happy to see is all the opinions and Theories with no 100% certainty on the conclusion. Road America lends support to big horsepower which gives the 2RS a fighting chance.
Old 08-01-2018, 03:13 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 111 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SDGT3
I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I do, however, want to reiterate the purpose of the test. It was toleave the cars in stock trim and run them like you get them.Any changes would alter the results and bring up additional comments. Anyone lucky enough to get a car and smart enough to drive it will likely drive it in stock trim with maybe some safety additions. That said, I have reached out to Michelin to see if we can get a set of Cup R tires which are the tires used for testing in Europe and likely the tire of choice for DE drivers. James (GMG). I value your opinions a great deal because of your experience and you also know Bryan well enough to know his capabilities. The one thing to consider on the issue of braking, is the 2RS has the Big Ceramics which may help it along with ABS. What I am happy to see is all the opinions and Theories with no 100% certainty on the conclusion. Road America lends support to big horsepower which gives the 2RS a fighting chance.
This is really cool comparo as you said, it just opens they eyes to what a street car can do or not do vs a race car.
We actually built a Turbo Cup several years ago and pegged it against the latest Cup car several years ago and tested it at Road America during the PCA weekend and for sure the Turbo Cup took advantage of the long straights out there!
If I can help in anyway, let me know, like I said, Bryan probably prefers a harness bar in that GT2RS as he will be topping out over 170mph (3 different times) before he jams on those PCCB's! :-) And for sure he is a top driver, we banged fenders few times in PWC when I was in the R and he was in the McLaren......don't hold that against him! ;-)

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 08-01-2018, 04:42 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by James-GMG
This is really cool comparo as you said, it just opens they eyes to what a street car can do or not do vs a race car.
We actually built a Turbo Cup several years ago and pegged it against the latest Cup car several years ago and tested it at Road America during the PCA weekend and for sure the Turbo Cup took advantage of the long straights out there!
If I can help in anyway, let me know, like I said, Bryan probably prefers a harness bar in that GT2RS as he will be topping out over 170mph (3 different times) before he jams on those PCCB's! :-) And for sure he is a top driver, we banged fenders few times in PWC when I was in the R and he was in the McLaren......don't hold that against him! ;-)
Thank you... I may solicit some help as time draws near. I just received word from PCA National that they would like to participate and do a full video and story with an interview of Bryan before and after! I think that is great. Finally we can bring some of these cool comparisons here in the US on tracks where many of the Rennlisters can drive. BTW, do you guys make just a harness bar for the 991? Don't want to go with a full cage a it will be mostly a street car for me but would be good for track days!
Old 08-01-2018, 05:30 PM
RODOLFO04
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In that case, with slicks vs rcompund tires

I vote for the cup car

Old 08-01-2018, 07:09 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Looking forward to this.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:18 PM
trader247
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed. Really looking forward to this comparison. Thanks for putting it together.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:23 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 170 Likes on 92 Posts

Some of you have referenced the PCA Record lap of 2:14.1 ..... here it is. For a 991.1 car to do the high 2.11 - wow that's hauling the mail and tells me I should try harder!

PS Bryan Sellers is probably 2 secs a lap faster than me at Road America. Maybe more. He is as fast as me at Road Atlanta..... in an old C4 car!

Old 08-01-2018, 10:34 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SDGT3
IMO There is no street car including new 2RS that has brakes that perform well over a race period than the performance friction brakes on the 991 cup.
Old 08-01-2018, 10:36 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

PCCB are as good on the first lap as the last lap.
But we shall find out!
Old 08-02-2018, 12:27 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
PCCB are as good on the first lap as the last lap.
But we shall find out!
Yes but it's not the rotor that's better it's the caliper and other components. But for this test it prob won't matter.

I say cup car is 4 secs faster.
Old 08-02-2018, 12:19 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Very happy to see the excitement of this. I really enjoy my cars and hope everyone else does. It's a shame that many don't get driven but that is the option of the owner. PCA National has expressed an interest in doing an article on this and will be bringing a video crew and photographers to shoot it. I am happy that we will have professionals involved so that the quality of the event will be better! I am awaiting the arrival of my 2RS which willhopefully be today or tomorrow. Need to get busy putting 1000 miles on it for break in! My son and I will have fun doing it like we did with the 3RS taking turns driving to the Wisconsin border and back.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by brownan
FWIW, the Cup data already exists. IIRC the Gen 1 991 Cup is in GTC6 in PCA Club Racing. The GTC6 record at Road America is 2.14.151 per Rennpoints (below).

http://www.rennpoints.com/classrecor...GTC6&session=0

Assuming the 2RS doesn't go that quickly, and maybe it will, then it will be interesting to see what it's time compares to. My guess is that it will be in the GT4 Clubsport zone.
I wouldn't think a GT4 Clubsport can keep up with a GT2 RS at Road America. The straights are too long and the horsepower difference too large. Just my opinion.
Old 08-02-2018, 04:46 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

GT4CS is about the same Laptime as a GT3RS on most fast tracks.

Quick Reply: GT2RS vs GT3 Cup Car