Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedster detail video with AP and Catchpole- uses 911R engine!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 10:56 PM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Received 778 Likes on 344 Posts

I’m making pacts with God that they build it...... Want one soooo bad. Smyrna Green with GT Silver accents. Oh my... Porsche if you are listening..... please please please and I’m raising my hand high for one! Just like the concept tonneau cover and all!
Old 07-23-2018, 11:45 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

“I love driving it” says AP
bit he says that abt every car he’s interviews for
anykne ask AP which current porsche model is the biggest Pos and he would be embarrassed rk be caught in it. until one know what the the spokesperson likes and hates it’s very hard to evaluate what his idea of good is?

and it seems that motorsport is making too many variants?
Old 07-23-2018, 11:51 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
“I love driving it” says AP
bit he says that abt every car he’s interviews for
anykne ask AP which current porsche model is the biggest Pos and he would be embarrassed rk be caught in it. until one know what the the spokesperson likes and hates it’s very hard to evaluate what his idea of good is?

and it seems that motorsport is making too many variants?
He seemed at pains to say anything new. His once apparent authenticity has now shriveled to unimaginative marketing speak, a tightrope-walking act where he doesn't dare say anything lest it encroaches on another model or comes back to bite him in the ***. Or both.

Inside he wants to scream in German "ITS JUST ANOTHER EFFIN' 911 MICRO-VARIANT TO GET MORE OF YOU FOOL's MONEY.. STOP WITH THE STUPID QUESTIONS AND ENDLESS FORUM POSTS.. DOESNT MATTER WHAT I SAY, YOULL BUY IT ANYWAY!"

(his mouth doesn't say it, but his eyes do.)
Old 07-23-2018, 11:54 PM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Interesting that he said “they learned they’re lesson” related to build quantity of 911R and 356 will be too few.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:09 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

He was defensive about some things over the years, but he seemed legitimately pleased with the speedster.

Open top motoring is much different and, in a lot of ways, better than a coupe.

His interview confirms what I and others speculated (and Chris confirmed) no center fill, no talbot mirrors, no glass panel in the back for a third brake light, and, nod to Chris, 21s still TBD.

I still swear AP’s team is watching Rennlist and catering to us. Check out how all the chrome details on the inside have been blacked out (****, airbag ring, speaker grill surround things). I had a thread on that and it must be a common complaint.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:26 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedman
a 911r engine, so quite literally a 911r without a top.
God it's so weird that I got shouted down for saying "it's like a 911R without a roof" a few months ago.

Idea is that LIKE the 911R- fun and slidy games and noises and wiggly etc. lighter than a regular convertible. Not for lap times.
Old 07-24-2018, 08:08 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
God it's so weird that I got shouted down for saying "it's like a 911R without a roof" a few months ago.

Idea is that LIKE the 911R- fun and slidy games and noises and wiggly etc. lighter than a regular convertible. Not for lap times.

Bingo. Its fun. Hard core track rats won't like it - got it. Track guys aren't the market for the Speedster. It's for a guy who wants the take the very long and windy road to get a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning from Santa Barbara to Carmel and back or from Houston to Kerrville Texas and back.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:14 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Yup I agree. This is absolutely NOT for track. It is for those winding, open-air, relaxing Sunday or leisurely drive. I do not have a convertible/roadster/speedster, so this will do it for me and want one.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by texascarlover
Bingo. Its fun. Hard core track rats won't like it - got it. Track guys aren't the market for the Speedster. It's for a guy who wants the take the very long and windy road to get a cup of coffee on a Sunday morning from Santa Barbara to Carmel and back or from Houston to Kerrville Texas and back.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:40 PM
uhn2000
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice video, really enjoyed it!
Old 07-26-2018, 01:14 AM
uberm3
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

What if the speedster really is just a concept and they deliver a GT3 Cabrio for the public. He did call it a “product” and said people don’t think a cab fits the GT line. #headfake
Old 07-26-2018, 03:36 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

If it had a wing, I'd track it.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:45 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by uberm3
What if the speedster really is just a concept and they deliver a GT3 Cabrio for the public. He did call it a “product” and said people don’t think a cab fits the GT line. #headfake
I doubt it, but if they did I would be down for a GT3 cab. I love open air motoring and the power top would be great.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:32 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by uberm3
Its not a concept. A friend of mine has his spec'd and ordered. Zero info on GT3 Cab.

I have heard that the concept car was a bit of a rush job. The actual production car was supposed to appear this year but because of all the manufacturing delays at Porsche due to WLTP, etc....the car was pushed back to 2019 which makes a mockery of the 70th anniversary car tag. So they rushed out the Concept out to make sure they had something to show for the 70th anniversary and to have a link back to the production when it appears next year.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:20 AM
TexasPorschelover
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Its not a concept. A friend of mine has his spec'd and ordered. Zero info on GT3 Cab.

I have heard that the concept car was a bit of a rush job. The actual production car was supposed to appear this year but because of all the manufacturing delays at Porsche due to WLTP, etc....the car was pushed back to 2019 which makes a mockery of the 70th anniversary car tag. So they rushed out the Concept out to make sure they had something to show for the 70th anniversary and to have a link back to the production when it appears next year.

No way. I was in Zuffenhausen 10 days ago. No decision made or approval from board to produce - straight from a Porsche Exec. Your friend might have put a deposit down with a dealer but no way he/she spec'd and have a bonafide order.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:34 AM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

No way. I was in Zuffenhausen 10 days ago. No decision made or approval from board to produce - straight from a Porsche Exec. Your friend might have put a deposit down with a dealer but no way he/she spec'd and have a bonafide order.
All I can say is let's wait and see. Car is going to be produced. Communication about the car not done thru a dealer.

Quick Reply: Speedster detail video with AP and Catchpole- uses 911R engine!