Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory houndstooth — $3500 or $8500?

Old 08-26-2018, 12:12 AM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Wearing blue jeans will see dye transfer on pepita/houndstooth seats, so I’m less enthusiastic than others with this option.
I've had my houndstooth seats for almost two years and haven’t experienced any dye transfer.
Old 08-26-2018, 01:32 AM
718spyder
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Macduc

Locked mine in yesterday - went with LWB’s. it seems the majority of ordered cars are non LWB’s and all dealer ordered cars are non LWB’s as well (and no Manuals) at my dealer.

What colour did you go with? I went with GT Silver. I’ll swap out the seat inserts with Houndstooth when it arrives. I’m looking at a January delivery - what about you?

GT Silver,RAS,Manual,Yellow gauges ,Yellow T interior,Alcantara steering wheel and gear ****. Tossing up on front lift and seats. Have you had LWB’s efore ,love the idea of changing the inserts as well,my car will be a December build delivery March 2019
[/QUOTE]
Old 08-28-2018, 11:22 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

Authentic Porsche seat inserts from Germany $3995 US
Old 08-29-2018, 09:20 AM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 718spyder

GT Silver,RAS,Manual,Yellow gauges ,Yellow T interior,Alcantara steering wheel and gear ****. Tossing up on front lift and seats. Have you had LWB’s efore ,love the idea of changing the inserts as well,my car will be a December build delivery March 2019

Nearly the same specification although I have no RAS and no front lift ordered for the T. I am trying to keep the cost down as I have PCCB’s as well. I do have LWB’s (and front lift) on my GT3.2 though and love the seats. I purchased the Pepita inserts from RStrada and they are great. Literally 2 mins to pull out and swap over. I have red houndstooth in the GT3 and will either do black and white or black and yellow in the T.
[/QUOTE]
Old 08-29-2018, 11:01 AM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by localmotion411
My SA is telling me that to add just houndstooth LWB inserts is going to require full custom seats and will be around $8500 to do. This is what Porsche Exclusive is telling him.

I’ve heard of several Rennlisters with the houndstooth added for $3550 I think, without having to specify full custom seats.

No way I’d do $8500 because I don’t want anything else custom like colored leather or piping. The only reason I’d splurge and pay $3550 is because it is factory and will be on the window sticker. But even that is pushing it.

Anyone have any recent experience with this? I’m probably better off sending Garry at Classic FX a message, or even going with Exclusive Option. Both are a lot cheaper but I worry about durability and look.
100$ buy the fabric have someone sew it. Not hard at all, even a shoe fixer can do it.
Old 08-30-2018, 06:22 AM
718spyder
Advanced

Nearly the same specification although I have no RAS and no front lift ordered for the T. I am trying to keep the cost down as I have PCCB’s as well. I do have LWB’s (and front lift) on my GT3.2 though and love the seats. I purchased the Pepita inserts from RStrada and they are great. Literally 2 mins to pull out and swap over. I have red houndstooth in the GT3 and will either do black and white or black and yellow in the T.
[/QUOTE]
Will arrange inserts from Rstrada,am going to be in LA early November so will pick them up and bring home in luggage,looking at black and yellow,love to see your car when it arrives.

David
Old 08-30-2018, 10:49 AM
Macduc
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 718spyder

Will arrange inserts from Rstrada,am going to be in LA early November so will pick them up and bring home in luggage,looking at black and yellow,love to see your car when it arrives.

David
[/QUOTE]

Sounds good - stay in touch. Mine should be here by Jan. I gather yours is from Willoughby (I am Sth Sydney but have purchased from Willoughby before).
Old 08-30-2018, 01:45 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

I've got a set of Agate/Geyser on the way in a couple weeks from Garry for my Spyder. I'll post up some pics once I get them installed.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:51 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

OEM houndstooth from Germany $3995 from Rennwerkstatt
Old 08-31-2018, 02:56 PM
Rstrada
Former Vendor

Received 90 Likes on 37 Posts

David
Sounds good - stay in touch. Mine should be here by Jan. I gather yours is from Willoughby (I am Sth Sydney but have purchased from Willoughby before).
[/QUOTE]

David,

Let me know when you're coming. Would love to meet!
Old 09-02-2018, 07:37 AM
718spyder
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rstrada
David,

Let me know when you're coming. Would love to meet![/QUOTE]

Hi

Could you send me the price of LWB seat inserts in yellow/black.

Thanks

David
Old 11-05-2018, 10:30 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

While not Houndstooth, I did get my new tartan inserts from Arling at RStrada and finally got around to installing them this weekend. They look terrific and the quality is superb. RStrada was great to work with and look forward to doing so again on another project.

Old 12-28-2018, 12:43 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 72 Posts

anyone have any update on costs/process of going with factory houndstooth/pepita inserts? i am planning on doing 4 way seats on my GT3T with the leather backs. i am interested in doing the houndstooth inserts as well, but not sure how much additional it costs or if it allows me to change the stitching color as well. any advice appreciated. thanks!
Old 12-28-2018, 12:57 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrett
anyone have any update on costs/process of going with factory houndstooth/pepita inserts? i am planning on doing 4 way seats on my GT3T with the leather backs. i am interested in doing the houndstooth inserts as well, but not sure how much additional it costs or if it allows me to change the stitching color as well. any advice appreciated. thanks!
Brian Himmelman has a contact at Rennwerkstatt in CA.

OEM pepita w/ cores
Old 12-28-2018, 01:12 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Brian Himmelman has a contact at Rennwerkstatt in CA.

OEM pepita w/ cores
thanks. are those just for the LWB's? it looks going aftermarket inserts on the sofa seats will be much more of a PITA and higher cost.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory houndstooth — $3500 or $8500?