Sponsored by:

Limerock Results - Spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 01:00 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Not about me? What does that mean? How was posting information about the event at Limerock and the results about me? I posted information which I thought would be of interest and relevance to the Porsche community. This was done after the race.

Not a problem. Next time no results in the title of thread.

what is the formula to figure out how long one has to wait to mention the results of the race in the title of a thread. How about LeMans? Is it too soon to post the results of that race in the title of a thread ? Can I say Lincoln died as a result of being shot or the Union won the Civil war in the title of a thread or do I risk spoiling the surprise for someone?

Fine.
whatever.
Just a phrase to say you were taking it all too personally. Meaning, ignore the personal stuff (about you) and look at the bigger picture to see why people are upset. I think you got it and obviously worked hard to have the title change with the admins which is hard to do, so thank-you. Back to regular programming.

I look forward to watching the race on my DVR. Just watched the 911R race in the PWC at Portland. Very fast for sure, but the Ferrari's got the better of them there. Oops is that a spoiler-my bad! LOL!
Old 07-24-2018, 01:12 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Just a phrase to say you were taking it all too personally. Meaning, ignore the personal stuff (about you) and look at the bigger picture to see why people are upset. I think you got it and obviously worked hard to have the title change with the admins which is hard to do, so thank-you. Back to regular programming.

I look forward to watching the race on my DVR. Just watched the 911R race in the PWC at Portland. Very fast for sure, but the Ferrari's got the better of them there. Oops is that a spoiler-my bad! LOL!
I’m looking ahead to Spa 24. I believe there are two 911 GT3 R with full factory lineups - Team 75 Bernhard and Manthey - and two others with pro am drivers - Black Swan and Herberth.

The Bernhard car has Timo, Earl, and Larry (who had a mysterious hand injury at LRP - probably bicycle fall). The Manthey car has Romain, Fred, and Dirk. Bernhard car probably has a slight edge on drivers, Manthey car has the more experienced team. Dirk is slightly weaker than the other 5 drivers, as evidenced by his demotion from IMSA this year. He also did not receive a Le Mans seat this year.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:51 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

No worries.
Old 07-24-2018, 11:59 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89

I’ll be honest ... the race wasn’t great overall.

The cars are pretty evenly matched (through those evil letters - BOP!) so an in-class for position pass can basically only happen into turn 1.

I would be fine if IMSA didn’t return to LRP next year; Watkins Glen isn’t too far away and produced outstanding racing only 3 weeks beforehand.
Yeah, I've never been to Limerock, so can't say for sure, but it sure looks like a boring track on TV.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:12 PM
CME
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yeah, I've never been to Limerock, so can't say for sure, but it sure looks like a boring track on TV.
Lime Rock may look boring on TV as it is short and not high speed. What it is is probably one of the most technical tracks you can drive and you need to master the subtleties of each corner. Fun and enjoyable in its own right.

Chet
Old 07-24-2018, 12:30 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by CME
Lime Rock may look boring on TV as it is short and not high speed. What it is is probably one of the most technical tracks you can drive and you need to master the subtleties of each corner. Fun and enjoyable in its own right.

Chet
Sam Posey wrote all about the technical challenge in The Mudge Pond Express; unfortunately the track doesn't produce good racing for IMSA.

I would say it's among the worst events on the calendar (as an attendee), along with Detroit and VIR.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:04 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by CME

Chet
Bingo. On track its a very challenging track and you are constantly working. No time to rest. I work up a sweat in 5-10 minutes at LR. Very fast and technical and NOT forgiving. Make a mistake and its like Watkins Glen. You are likely flat bedding your car home. It's a small scale Watkins Glen and very tough to pass except on the main straight especially on the back half unless you can get your nose in and close the door right at the turn in at the uphill.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:42 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Replay:

Quick Reply: Limerock Results - Spoiler.