Sponsored by:

Limerock Results - Spoiler.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 11:40 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You do know the meaning of the word 'spoiler' on the interwebs, right?
Nah man, it's cool. Now I don't have to waste time watching the DVR....
Old 07-23-2018, 03:53 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

I’m sorry, wut? Of course the race was over. How else would it be a spoiler? But it was the day of and a lot of folks had it taped. You don’t put race results in the header of a thread. Common courtesy.
If you really cared about the outcome (ie enough to complain about having it “spoiled” for you in the Information Age) you could’ve done any of the following and known what happened in real time:

Gone to the race

Used a VPN to watch the ROW stream live

Followed onboards and listened to IMSA Radio/RLM/RSL live

Watched the tape delayed broadcast on Fox sports (an hour delayed)

I was at the race and will still watch the official replay once IMSA uploads it to their YouTube channel on Monday or Tuesday

Originally Posted by Nizer
Nah man, it's cool. Now I don't have to waste time watching the DVR....
Figured you would’ve been there in person

Old 07-23-2018, 08:48 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

I’m sorry, wut? Of course the race was over. How else would it be a spoiler? But it was the day of and a lot of folks had it taped. You don’t put race results in the header of a thread. Common courtesy.
No problem. Next time post when you’ve finished watching your DVD of the race so the rest of the world can start talking about it.

LOL
Old 07-23-2018, 11:40 AM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89

If you really cared about the outcome (ie enough to complain about having it “spoiled” for you in the Information Age) you could’ve done any of the following and known what happened in real time:

Gone to the race

I was at the race and will still watch the official replay once IMSA uploads it to their YouTube channel on Monday or Tuesday

Originally Posted by Waxer

No problem. Next time post when you’ve finished watching your DVD of the race so the rest of the world can start talking about it.

LOL

Traveling for baseball with my son. Haven’t had a chance to watch the F1 replay on ESPN. Can you post the results... You know, common courtesy.
Old 07-23-2018, 03:59 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Traveling for baseball with my son. Haven’t had a chance to watch the F1 replay on ESPN. Can you post the results... You know, common courtesy.
Can watch it on your phone any time you like with the premium TV package from F1; $90 / year as I recall
Old 07-23-2018, 07:39 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by BryanCO

Not sure if I should now. Has everyone here finished watching their DVR tapes of the race?

Get the IMSA app. All info is there.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:59 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Great little track. Never seen cars that fast run there. They must monster the straights!

LRP in the fall is so pretty. Would love to drive it someday. Sadly I moved out of New England before getting to this point in my life with cars.

Looks like it was fun!
Old 07-23-2018, 08:17 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Action during the Continental race. Unlike most other sports racing requires 2 *****.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:49 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer

Not sure if I should now. Has everyone here finished watching their DVR tapes of the race?

Get the IMSA app. All info is there.

It's not about you.

Just remember not to post the results in the title of any race that is on TV or going to be on TV. It's that simple. And if the results are in the text of your post, then add "spoiler alert" to your title.

This way those who want to watch it later will not read or open your post, those that don't care can open and comment.

Thank-you.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:13 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
It's not about you.

Just remember not to post the results in the title of any race that is on TV or going to be on TV. It's that simple. And if the results are in the text of your post, then add "spoiler alert" to your title.

This way those who want to watch it later will not read or open your post, those that don't care can open and comment.

Thank-you.
Exactly.....this is forum common courtesy 101.

I DVR many races and watch them at my leisure.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:25 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89

Gone to the race

Well I live in Monterey, so my options were to watch the race, which I was half way through the recording when I saw this thread. Honestly, I was just busting ***** because it's basic courtesy to not put race results in the header. The race itself was a yawner so it was no harm, no foul in this case.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:34 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by montoya
It's not about you.

Thank-you.
Not about me? What does that mean? How was posting information about the event at Limerock and the results about me? I posted information which I thought would be of interest and relevance to the Porsche community. This was done after the race.

Not a problem. Next time no results in the title of thread.

what is the formula to figure out how long one has to wait to mention the results of the race in the title of a thread. How about LeMans? Is it too soon to post the results of that race in the title of a thread ? Can I say Lincoln died as a result of being shot or the Union won the Civil war in the title of a thread or do I risk spoiling the surprise for someone?

Fine.
whatever.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:41 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Just title it 'Limerock Race Results - Spoilers' or something like that. That's common practice for race results on all the forums.
Old 07-23-2018, 10:45 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Just title it 'Limerock Race Results - Spoilers' or something like that. That's common practice for race results on all the forums.
No problem. Will do
Old 07-23-2018, 11:10 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Well I live in Monterey, so my options were to watch the race, which I was half way through the recording when I saw this thread. Honestly, I was just busting ***** because it's basic courtesy to not put race results in the header. The race itself was a yawner so it was no harm, no foul in this case.
I’ll be honest ... the race wasn’t great overall.

The cars are pretty evenly matched (through those evil letters - BOP!) so an in-class for position pass can basically only happen into turn 1.

I would be fine if IMSA didn’t return to LRP next year; Watkins Glen isn’t too far away and produced outstanding racing only 3 weeks beforehand.

Quick Reply: Limerock Results - Spoiler.