Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT2RS's tailpipes are dummies mounted to the rear fascia?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 10:27 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by soulsea
Kind of liked those, what were they thinking?
Old 08-02-2018, 10:30 AM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Or it could be like the original NSX rear exhaust outlets.

Old 08-02-2018, 05:35 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

go figure when a fake car will be mounted to a 4 wheels drive battery
Old 08-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Suitcase
Racer

Received 125 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
go figure when a fake car will be mounted to a 4 wheels drive battery
So I lost my Speedster on yesterday's comment. Do you want me to loose my 718 Spyder as well? Did you hear about that fast charge and latte station that they're going to build 200 miles west of Des Moines? There will probably be an app so that you can connect with new "friends" and talk 917's while you wait an hour for your car to charge.

The truth is that Los Angeles to Las Vegas is +/-263 miles. That trip is likely and at 80% of the Taycan's projected range. Throw in some high desert hills and they'll be giving odds on your arrival. The powers that be have told me that they had no choice but to make electric cars if they were to continue making sports cars. But distances in the U.S. are different than Europe. A Tesla is more political statement than an automobile. We've all heard the news about unimaginable (for most of us) financial losses at Tesla and speculation about their survival as a business. I know of people who have had their significant other rescue them when their Tesla wouldn't make it up the hill. Elon has experience in hitching hiking because he needed to after wrecking his McLaren F1. He had no experience with the McLaren.

But the expectation from Porsche is different. People will expect a Porsche.

I don't think the Taycan has a fake tailpipe. How green is my ***? People that know me know that I have always maintained that a Porsche 911 is the "greenest" car in the world. Nobody throws one away. Nobody throws a part away, not even a broken part. Using (not just driving to Cars and Coffee) my 25 year old Speedster is green. And it's certainly not a compromise for the sake of green. Quality=Durability = Green. And what about the cost of freedom.
Old 08-03-2018, 02:07 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

open you eyes and think global!

worlwide agricultural pollution is twice the car pollution
but let s say we can t retrofit a particle filters to the cows ***

banning the diesel and any private trasport from congested
(pollution and never considered the car moving and parking space)
old city centers,
plus the current euro6c for the remaining cars,
was more thsn enough !!

but this is a global profit scheme change not a green revolution!,

my gt3 euro6c is less polluting than 10 prius with china way made batteries and daily consuming carbon coke produced electricity (yes there are plenty everywhere just check)

in a simple way,
electricity for masses, like the junk food, will be always bought /produced where it costs less = where they could care less of the environment !

until the worldwide electricity farms , the way they are built/maintened,
(the battery production as well, did i say ?most are made in China the worldwide less green country)

until the above won t be all turned green first
either if we buy only battery cars the world pollution won t change a bit if not get worse

but giant car makers as VW, GM, etc. boards can t wait to build by robots a car made by batteries and simple motors produced somewherelse

basically firms without any American or European workers

The polluted Green on the Western Grave
fxz

Last edited by fxz; 08-03-2018 at 03:00 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:57 AM
Suitcase
Racer

Nobody wants to talk about battery production, impact or disposal.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:18 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I think hydrogen fuel-cell was a better way to go until somehow electric became "the thing".. Tesla changed the course of history. But electric is not really clean tech.

Also, many cars have fake tailpipes.. Ferrari California, bmw M cars, previous Porsche's where one is blocked off. Yes gt2Rs has fake tailpipes, you'll live.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:26 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

If you own one of these worthless cars, I'll even pay MSRP to take it off your hands
Old 08-03-2018, 12:49 PM
Suitcase
Racer

The good news it will have no problems passing state tailpipe emissions when hook the hose to it.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:40 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a pic for reference. Sorry if there's one posted above but I don't see one on my phone.

Old 08-03-2018, 02:08 PM
jmh981
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's more of an ''outlet'', rather than an exhaust pipe....
Old 08-04-2018, 11:56 AM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by Suitcase
Nobody wants to talk about battery production, impact or disposal.
That's why the Western Grave
Old 08-04-2018, 12:54 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
When I noticed the rear pipes lighting up, I thought the GT2RS exhaust is friggin awesome.
Me too! That sound is awesome and even beats my E63S, my previous. favorite Turbocharged Engine Exhaust Sound.
The deep Bass Thunder of the GT2RS is the E63S 577 HP Bass Rumble on Steroids.
Usually Turbochargers quiet the Exhaust Sounds into Aural impotence. The GT2RS Exhaust can be heard
hundreds of feet away at idle, and throughout the entire neighborhood under Boost. Hearing it, you just know that whatever
powers that Uber machine IS friggin' awesome!
If anyone finds the Exhaust appearance objectionable, I'd be happy to accept their allocation while I wait for mine.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:46 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Anyone who gets one and doesn't like the exhaust look it would now be worthless for you. I'll take it off your hands for $1.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:56 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Here's a pic for reference. Sorry if there's one posted above but I don't see one on my phone.

I think i remember reading about the Nissan Z cars also having a 'garden hose' size exhaust dump into the large manly looking pipe that you see from a distance.

J

Quick Reply: GT2RS's tailpipes are dummies mounted to the rear fascia?