Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tested Out New Foam Cannon (my experience shared)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 06:16 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Tested Out New Foam Cannon (my experience shared)

Figured this would be a good test for the new foam cannon from the Chemical guys. Dirty from the wet skidpad at Driver's Skills.
Anyways, here's what I did:
1. Hook up CR Spotless in between the spicket and pressure washer
2. Use 40 degree fan spray on pressure washer to rinse
3. Use Chemical Guys Extreme Body Wash in combination with Chemical Guys Torq Foam Cannon
4. Rinse with pressure washer using 40 degree attachment
Pics:
Here's part of the arsenal for a wash/detail:

So you can see it definitely did something....not everything, which I didn't expect it to.
I picked up the foam cannon for under $50 on ebay, I'd say it's worth it.
The bonus is that it's actually kinda fun to use. The Chemical Guys' washes are actually scented. The Extreme Body Wash is purple and smells like grape flavored soda. Double bonus is that my kids think its really cool, so that equals free help!
Old 07-19-2018, 08:33 PM
maspirito
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 42 Posts

I have a 356 roadster and a gt3, I saw that you have a 356 in there as well!!
Old 07-19-2018, 09:29 PM
PTSGT3
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Where cannons do shine is in their ability to add a ton of lubrication during the wash process! Nice setup. Gotta get me a spotless
Old 07-19-2018, 09:53 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I do love my foam canon, if only because it's a more fun way of 'de-gritting' the car prior to wash.

Haven't had a ton of luck with Chemical Guys washes, only because they don't seem to emulsify the dirt very well. Still, great suds which is the important point for scratch protection.

Great setup you have there!
Old 07-19-2018, 10:12 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

I have a MTM cannon that started drooling water out the cannon tip on the last wash. Year old with less than 10 washes on it. I think it's shot, need to play with it more.

Foam cannon doesn't necessarily remove dirt on its own, agitation is still required. Provides good lube, spread of soap and it's fun.

Did I read that right that you hook up the CR in the beginning? Why?
Old 07-19-2018, 10:13 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by IrishAndy
I do love my foam canon, if only because it's a more fun way of 'de-gritting' the car prior to wash.

Haven't had a ton of luck with Chemical Guys washes, only because they don't seem to emulsify the dirt very well. Still, great suds which is the important point for scratch protection.

Great setup you have there!
What soap works well for you?
Old 07-19-2018, 11:17 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SToronto
What soap works well for you?
I've had very good results with Duragloss 902. Leaves the paint very glossy. Also like Sonax and Dodo Juice.

Currently have about 3/4 gallon of CG Mr Pink to get through. For some reason I can't stick with a product that works and just keep buying it. I occasionally feel the need to try other things just because...
Old 07-20-2018, 11:20 AM
vodavoda
Racer

Did I read that right that you hook up the CR in the beginning? Why?
I figure why not? I fill my wash bucket and rinse bucket with water from the CR also.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:25 AM
vodavoda
Racer

Originally Posted by maspirito
I have a 356 roadster and a gt3, I saw that you have a 356 in there as well!!
Conv. D .... 2 extremes... both a blast, am I right?
Old 07-20-2018, 11:33 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vodavoda
I figure why not? I fill my wash bucket and rinse bucket with water from the CR also.
Just from a resin use perspective. I started using a CR last year. However I hook it up for rinsing only. I used to rinse the car with regular water and then rinse a second time with CR water last year to conserve resin. My original resin is still holding strong due to low mineral content water and I don't wash every week with all cars. So now I just use CR for the entire rinse process to save some more time. This uses less resin than hooking it up the during the whole wash process and cars turn out great!

I'm an advocate for CR, doubted it for years and pulled the trigger last year. Great for not having to dry cars.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:33 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Personally I don't like foam baths. If you tone down the concentrate, it wouldn't do much in removing dirt. If you add more foam, it cleanses the dirt and wash it away, but it also strips wax. I tried several different brands and the results are all the same.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:35 PM
Brosef
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

nice. the CR spotless is a game changer. works well enough that i don't ever need to dry the car.
Old 07-20-2018, 03:48 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

You should use CR only at rinse because there are no advantages to use it together with soap, you’re just wasting it.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:39 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Just from a resin use perspective. I started using a CR last year. However I hook it up for rinsing only. I used to rinse the car with regular water and then rinse a second time with CR water last year to conserve resin. My original resin is still holding strong due to low mineral content water and I don't wash every week with all cars. So now I just use CR for the entire rinse process to save some more time. This uses less resin than hooking it up the during the whole wash process and cars turn out great!

I'm an advocate for CR, doubted it for years and pulled the trigger last year. Great for not having to dry cars.
Originally Posted by Brosef
nice. the CR spotless is a game changer. works well enough that i don't ever need to dry the car.
I still dry with the Master Blaster
Old 07-20-2018, 04:41 PM
vodavoda
Racer

Originally Posted by HenryPcar
Personally I don't like foam baths. If you tone down the concentrate, it wouldn't do much in removing dirt. If you add more foam, it cleanses the dirt and wash it away, but it also strips wax. I tried several different brands and the results are all the same.
I use this wash/wax combo. Have you tried it?

Quick Reply: Tested Out New Foam Cannon (my experience shared)