Sponsored by:

Modifications to my Black GT3 Touring - Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 05:35 PM
AutoquestMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
Thank you John. In your experience would side bypass combined with the battery cut enough weight (75lbs) to make a noticeable change to the cars character when street driving?
That depends on your street driving haha. we definitely feel the difference on track, but if most of your street driving is typical around town and highway I'd say you'd only feel some difference under acceleration and braking. If you're pushing the car hard and driving some excellent roads, I'd say you'd feel the car is a bit more nimble and responsive. Think of it like if you were about to run through an obstacle course, and you had a choice of doing it wearing either pool floaties or weights around your wrists and ankles haha. The lighter the better, and 75lbs is certainly not a small amount of weight.
Old 07-18-2018, 06:52 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I think it looks good and 'clean' the way it is. Wouldn't add anything
silver wheels ftw
Old 07-19-2018, 11:49 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 977 Likes on 542 Posts

Hi,

This is Scott from Antigravity Batteries. We are a forum sponsor and we have a Lithium Battery that offers the latest Technology, video and links are below. As well we make a Battery Tray for it that allows for a drop in fit for most the Porsches.

I have attached a video below, but there is also a 20+ page thread where you can learn everything about Ltihium Batteries here.... https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...for-2-gt3.html

The link to the battery is here... https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...omotive/rs-30/

The link to the Tray is here... https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...rs30-tray-kit/

Antigravity RS-30 Lithium Ion Battery video below.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:44 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Hi,

This is Scott from Antigravity Batteries. We are a forum sponsor and we have a Lithium Battery that offers the latest Technology, video and links are below. As well we make a Battery Tray for it that allows for a drop in fit for most the Porsches.

I have attached a video below, but there is also a 20+ page thread where you can learn everything about Ltihium Batteries here.... https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...for-2-gt3.html

The link to the battery is here... https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...omotive/rs-30/

The link to the Tray is here... https://shop.antigravitybatteries.co...rs30-tray-kit/

Antigravity RS-30 Lithium Ion Battery video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczGiDrY1SQ
Thank you... I will review in detail.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:47 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Saw her for the first time in the flesh yesterday. I am so glad I went to Touring! I love the full leather interior with yellow stitching. Here are some pics before the transformation begins, yes I am hardly a professional photographer.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:48 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Does anyone know, is it a lot of work getting the headlights styled in black like from the factory. I went PDLS but regret not going black PDLS
Old 07-20-2018, 10:55 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Having now seen the car I decided on this for the styling.
- Powdercoated satin black wheels with diamond cut polished lip
- Satin black decals (low cost and easily removable if I prefer the retro/classic look)
- If not too costly, wrapping headlight trim in satin black

I am considering only doing the front end in PPF and going for a full Dundon exhaust

Two questions:
1) Will putting stripes lead to a noticible discolorarion when the stripes are removed in a couple years?
2) Would PPF reduce the risk of point 1

Old 07-20-2018, 11:02 AM
bluehorseshoe
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 178 Posts

Looks hot. Headlight trim here is $65. https://kistudios.com/product/porsch...eadlight-trim/
Good luck!
Old 07-20-2018, 03:51 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bluehorseshoe
Looks hot. Headlight trim here is $65. https://kistudios.com/product/porsch...eadlight-trim/
Good luck!
Thank you!
Old 07-20-2018, 08:46 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

Hi All,

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on tweaking my touring and I could use some advice.

Aesthetics:
- Stripes and Side Decals:
- Matt Black or Dark Matt Grey?
- 911R or Sports Classic Stripes?

Would you say the sports classic stripes are Matt black or dark Matt grey?

- Wheels (Going Black with Polished/Diamond Cut Lip):
- Satin Black Wheels or Painted in Bodycolour?

The polished/diamond cut lip is a must to match the chrome/high polish window trim.

Sound/Performance:
This car is for street use and whilst a boost in performance for the track doesn’t matter to me, having a more agile and pronounced sports car feel on the road does and I am therefore considering:

A) Exhaust:
I was going to go for a Soul Rear Bypass (Good bang for buck and if I want to upgrade to full Dundon etc I can do so without a big hit) and disconnect the valves, but many here have reported it is already too loud on the inside of the touring. Can owners give their thoughts please? I have been driving my .2 GT3 RS for about 400 miles now and love the sound. A bit more volume wouldn’t be bad.

Or

B) Side Bypass and Lithium Battery:
I have also read many people mentioning part of what makes the R so special is carrying less weight. This is making me consider a side muffler delete combined with the lithium battery.

- How much is the lithium battery? Any major downsides (cost to benefit ratio, amount of charge etc)? Do Porsche sell them?

I welcome opinions and thoughts. I am hoping to have the above finalised and implemented before the end of summer and will post lots of pics.
i have the RS 30 battery $700 and saves approx 35 lbs .. no downside
Old 07-20-2018, 08:56 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

- Satin black decals (low cost and easily removable if I prefer the retro/classic look)

I am considering only doing the front end in PPF and going for a full Dundon exhaust

Two questions:
1) Will putting stripes lead to a noticible discolorarion when the stripes are removed in a couple years?

I would think there would be less risk on a black car, but perhaps a detailer/PPF installer can weigh in. Really like the 911R stripes in matte black. Understated - perfect.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:57 PM
Rallyeporsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add a wing.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:58 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 890 Likes on 336 Posts

First mod: add back rear wing!
Old 07-22-2018, 09:04 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

Two questions:

stunning !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2018, 09:23 PM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Received 328 Likes on 219 Posts

Smart move getting plain wheels and coating yourself, you know that factory black wheels with lip color option adds $2300 to the price of the car. You can all that below for less

Two questions:

Quick Reply: Modifications to my Black GT3 Touring - Help Please